Xtreme Gaming Network

S44 - Karting - Season Info

Author Topic: S44 - Karting - Season Info  (Read 4036 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S44 - Karting - Season Info
« on: September 23, 2022, 03:20:42 PM »
Season 44 will be back to basics - restart your career in a 125 cc kart, making a name for yourself.

Sign up for the season at the car dealer. If you don't have a login at the car dealer, PM me (Wally) your Steam ID and your racing name.
If you want to use a custom skin, or use the same skin every week, enter the skin folder name in the car dealer, e.g. "101" (without the quotes).

Car
The car is the 125 cc SMS IAME Screamer III courtesy of Seanus.
Optimal hot tyre pressure is 12 PSI.

Schedule
Season schedule and track downloads are HERE. The season starts October 4 and finishes December 6. I will be away for two weeks, so there's a bye on Oct 25 and Nov 1.

Format
15 min qualifying session, starting at 8:30 pm Eastern.
3 x 15 minute sprint races, no pit stops. Races 2 and 3 are in reverse order of the previous finish.

1 point bonus for pole position and fastest race lap.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 02:41:16 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
Re: S44 - Karting - Season Info
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 03:40:16 PM »
The car is the 125 cc SMS Vortex ROK Shifter Kart courtesy of Seanus's physics tweaks...

Not Just Physics, this one is wholly converted from the SMS source by me.  ;D :o ;D
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 04:12:17 PM »
The car is the 125 cc SMS Vortex ROK Shifter Kart courtesy of Seanus's physics tweaks...

Not Just Physics, this one is wholly converted from the SMS source by me.  ;D :o ;D
Noice :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 10:09:22 PM »
For users of the 'Car Radar' app here is a new collider, so as the car will show up.

You will also need to delete the following folder  'My Documents\Assetto Corsa\apps\carRadar\legion_shifter_kart'

see attachment
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2022, 02:00:12 PM »
For those willing to test, please extract the attached into the car folder named 'legion_shifter_kart'.
Then under the car in the 'Drive' tab of CM tick, 'Use unpacked data if exists' (sic)
Now offline, you can test the latest revision to my physics, this will not cause mismatches online as online will only use the data.acd
You can now, back to back, test each set of physics by going online to test the old physics, and using an offline session at the same track to test the new physics.

Changelog: Tyre slip angles, inertia, and load reference.

Todo: Probably more grip, and to fine tune the balance especially on corner exit.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal