Xtreme Gaming Network

S44R3 - Valencia

Author Topic: S44R3 - Valencia  (Read 6724 times)

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S44R3 - Valencia
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2022, 10:45:01 PM »
What a shit of a track  >:( !!!
Great fun when driving on your own, but in traffic, with the one racing line, this place really made it a very hard night of racing. The battle in qualifying with Scott, was epic! In the last 5 minutes I think we were both dropping the lap time, lap after lap.

In race 1 I had a great battle with Scott, but stuffed up my down shift (got blocked from engaging 3rd) at the final corner on the penultimate lap resulting in a slower exit and Scott was able to get a good draft and pass into turn 1 for the win.

Starting from the back in race 2 was ok, but then something happened on the exit of turn 1 and the next I knew I was spinning off through the infield back to the starting grid with Wally..... All I know is that I was 3-wide on the inside and slowing for a tighter line into turn 2 to allow space when I was hit on the RHS by someone...possibly after they'd had contact with Wally or vice-versa. But coming back from so far behind any sort of result was impossible.

Race 3 was much better...to begin with. I got a reasonable start and was slowing moving past people until Seanus had a big moment and slid across the infield sending me off spinning and the next instant, I was back in the pits. Looks like I was bumped into one of the (several) glitches around this place. From then I just ignored the blue flags (sorry Bacchulum) and pushed on as hard as I could for the rest of the race benefiting from the mistakes of others to fight back to 4th.

Overall, I shouldn't be too disappointed because this was a tough night for all of us (bar Scott), but coming off the past two rounds, I'm feeling like it was a night of what if's rather than what was.

Offline Scott_Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2022, 11:10:35 PM »
Challenging track indeed, although I think my wins were a lot more ass than class. Certainly a good race in first race between Brad and I. 2nd and 3rd races were more about just staying on the track with some consistent times.  I had an absolute shocker of a start in the 2nd and 3rd races, basically ruined Wally’s race in the 3rd, but managed to get the win from 20 secs behind. Never say die!!

Cheers.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2022, 08:21:54 AM »
Not a bad result but could have been a couple of wins there if it wasn't for making my own mistakes, and Freezer being too damn consistent for so long!

Offline Scott_Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2022, 09:09:42 AM »
All I know is that I was 3-wide on the inside and slowing for a tighter line into turn 2 to allow space when I was hit on the RHS by someone...possibly after they'd had contact with Wally or vice-versa.

Had a look at the replay of Race 2,  We were 3 wide, you were on the left, I was in the middle (about 3/4 cart length behind), Wally on the right.  Wally got a bit sideways, I tried to give him room so come to my left, and you changed line and started veering right to get a better line into turn 2.  Your back right and my front left clipped, spinning me into Wally.  I was fortunate to be spun out on the left side of the track, though you and Wally rocketed off to the other side of the track.  All happened very quick though.  I should have held back and not try to go 3 wide through turn two though.   I don't think there was any maliciousness from anyone.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 09:27:05 AM by Scott_Racer »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2022, 09:54:23 AM »
All I know is that I was 3-wide on the inside and slowing for a tighter line into turn 2 to allow space when I was hit on the RHS by someone...possibly after they'd had contact with Wally or vice-versa.

Had a look at the replay of Race 2,  We were 3 wide, you were on the left, I was in the middle (about 3/4 cart length behind), Wally on the right.  Wally got a bit sideways, I tried to give him room so come to my left, and you changed line and started veering right to get a better line into turn 2.  Your back right and my front left clipped, spinning me into Wally.  I was fortunate to be spun out on the left side of the track, though you and Wally rocketed off to the other side of the track.  All happened very quick though.  I should have held back and not try to go 3 wide through turn two though.   I don't think there was any maliciousness from anyone.
Yeah, I just looked at it too. Pic attached of Brad and you about to touch, and launch me (on right) back into pit exit.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2022, 01:00:12 PM »
I don't think there was any maliciousness from anyone.

I totally agree Scott.

These little cars are so twitchy that I'm finding there is a very fine line between sliding fast and sliding out of control. I just didn't expect the crash and were clueless as to what happened....I really must work out how to do the replay/save thingy....

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2022, 01:02:18 PM »
I really must work out how to do the replay/save thingy....
Content Manager should be automatically saving replays. (I can't remember if you have to tell it to do so). Check your media tab.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 07:24:13 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2022, 07:51:17 PM »
:) Some real numbers at last :o

I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2022, 04:36:02 PM »
Shit night, is about all I can say. >:(

Race 1 was OK, a few tangles but that standard in these, took a 3rd which is a good result given Brad's and Scotty's pace.

Race 2 ended up with a 5 sec lead somehow, but was looking at the splits to how quick Scotty was catching me and put a wheel on the grass which spat me into a marshal post.
I reversed out just in time to see Scotty go by, then stuffed up my favourite corner (the fast right at the end of the back straight), head on into the wall, reverse did nothing so escape back to pits and a lap down.
Blew both a 1st and 2nd in the same race.

Won pole for race 3 and opened up a gap by not having to battle anyone.
A 24sec lead entering the final chicane and I took it easy (to not stuff up ) but didn't slide like normal so hit the curb hard and head on into the pit wall about 10m from the finish.
Escape back to pits to get out, and a lap down again. >:(

I think that must be a record, two 1st's and a 2nd blown in one night by solo errors....... >:( >:( >:( :-[ :-[

2+2=√16

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2022, 09:41:10 PM »
I really must work out how to do the replay/save thingy....
Content Manager should be automatically saving replays. (I can't remember if you have to tell it to do so). Check your media tab.
Under Settings | Content Manager | Replays
You can set it to Autosave, and there is a maximum of 20 replays after which it wont save any more.
Actual replays are under Media

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2022, 04:36:10 AM »
I thought it kept saving, that it just deleted the oldest one. ???

2+2=√16

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2022, 09:07:26 PM »
I thought it kept saving, that it just deleted the oldest one. ???
I think you might be right  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal