Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 5: Nurburgring race chat

Author Topic: Round 5: Nurburgring race chat  (Read 54225 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Round 5: Nurburgring race chat
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2014, 06:35:49 PM »
6 weeks seems a stretch seeing it only happened a few days ago  ;D what size was the file after you encoded it in premiere. Even at 50Mbps that should only be 6.25MB per second so 16 seconds would be 375MB. Which is still overkill at 1080p and you could do 20Mbps would be 93.75MB. Make sure you dont confuse megabits Mb and megabytes MB as there are 1MB=8Mb

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2014, 06:49:19 PM »
Sorry guys i'm out tonight
I have had the rotten flu thats going around for a week and i feel like shite
Have fun and will catch you next race

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2014, 07:03:41 PM »
Sorry guys i'm out tonight
I have had the rotten flu thats going around for a week and i feel like shite
Have fun and will catch you next race

No worries Crimespree and Viper. Crimespree, I'm sure your wife would like to just sit there and watch you race ;)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2014, 08:12:23 PM »
I'm out again tonight also.. Unexpected guests arrived and they waantr to play ac.. Probably not suitable to throw them in the league.. Me being so unreliable this season I think I'll go as a reserve for the next

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2014, 11:04:31 PM »
Race Results
Season Standings
Season Statistics

Congratulations to Guybrush on the race wins and the overall round win.

Round Points
Guybrush Threepwood   50
Marty   46
Wally   44
Bacchulum   42
cramjet   36
Gratulin   36
Ysu   35
Rob   32
Freezer   31
Phil   29
Grubbet   28
Insomniac   27
Rolz   26
Imperious   25
GWyar   19
Dave O   19
Schmittez   14
G0RGAK   12
Dick Forrest   8

« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:15:39 AM by Glen73 »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2014, 09:05:38 AM »
Had a great 1st race. Came 17th I think. As I've said. Just bringing it home on the lead lap without any spins is a win for me.

Unfortunately, that concentration took it out of me and I felt very drained for race two. Was having troubles looking at the screen, eyes had enough. Had a few moments. Managed to push GORGAK off track on the back straight. So I was happy with that. Spun out and went to the pits and tried to re-start the session. But no takers.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2014, 09:42:54 AM »
They were pretty uneventful races for me. Qualified 3rd, started 3rd, finished 3rd.
*Bangs knife and fork on table*
Ballast! Ballast! Ballast!

The race 2 lap times are interesting, as expected, when you click on a driver's name in the race 2 results. You can really see how lap times plummeted from lap 11/12 as the tyres fell off the cliff.

Offline cramjet

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2014, 09:49:31 AM »
I didn't set a decent qualy in the first race so started 12th or so. Made it up to 7th or so in the first couple laps and then had a good battle with Gratulin - I felt like I caught up through the twisties thanks to  my super high downforce but even if I was right on his sphincter leading onto a straight he seemed to pull away (or atleast out run my draft) once we grabbed 6th gear. I didn't want to ruin either of our races so didn't make any big moves. Made for many laps of tight racing :D

Second was much the same except I qualified 4th. Coming out of the first corner Bird in front of me had a spin and I couldn't avoid it without hitting someone else so I made a juicy t-bone out of him. My tyres turned to jelly around lap 11 (fronts 93ish, rear 90) - it felt like driving the cobra. I had a terrible lap adjusting to it which is when Gratulin flew past again but the next lap his too fell off the cliff. We had a great battle for the line, both sliding all over the place. I saw he had a funny line around the final corner so set myself up for a good exit resulting in a drag for the line. Probably one of the most enjoyable races I've had - thanks Gratulin!

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2014, 10:11:22 AM »
Yes cramjet - great fun! Totally drained me though - after the races I needed a cuppa tea, a BEX and a little lie down :)

I would also like to lodge a formal protest against your team. It scared the living daylights out of me when I saw this huge CRAMDICK overtake me on the finish line in Race 2. :) :)

EDIT: Here's the photo to prove it  ;D ;)

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 11:18:01 AM by Gratulin »

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2014, 10:15:05 AM »
Report,

Qualify, got a 58.1 in my first stint, couldn't quite grab a 57 in my second 3 lap stint I couldn't time my run in traffic.

Race 1, got smashed, resumed 1 minute behind the field blah blah blah  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2014, 10:16:22 AM »
Thanks all was an interesting season, fun in its own way but very deja vu with me chasing guybrush the last few races which I think Wally was following me home in all those too. I knew guy had at least .5 oer lap on me and he always puoled a bit more of a gap the first few laps then just managed the gap. If I got a little closer he just dug into the reservers and found another half second.

Race 2 I hoped I had a bit more chance as we were both trying to limit tyre load but then any time I pushed a little harder he just pushed that bit more slowly pulling away again. I hoped to stay close enough to be able to take advantage of his tyres going off but mine went a lap before his and were completly shot the last 2 laps. I had a couple big drifts as I tried to push on but seeing the gap get larger I just had to back off to make sure I stayed on track.

Though trying to keep guys car from getting much smaller was fun and chalenging in its own way I enjoyed my bad races more. Those where I started from the pits at silverstone charging back through the pack and race 2 getting a bump putting me at the back of the pack again only to come second by a very small margin. Also battling through the pack at mugello after my car ate a kerb was quite fun but that also made me avoid most kerbs in every race after that which probabaly cost me a couple tenths a lap using a little less track.

Next season should be fun with a mixed grid and sadly me winning the season means I will end up in the same car as guybrush probably and Im having trouble beating him that way lol. If Darren was around to battle with him Id have more chance as they may slow eachother down racing so I may be able to keep up.

Should be for some more interesting racing though just as long as it doesnt turn around 180 for the quicker guys being stuck at the back of the field with the field shrinking in the distance in cars we cant keep up with. Ideally it would give all drivers a fair chance of winning and not just turn the racing upside down.

Thanks Wally for all the work and the results timing is great to see how you do lapwise during the race compared to all others.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2014, 10:30:21 AM »
...Ideally it would give all drivers a fair chance of winning and not just turn the racing upside down...

That's exactly what it will do. It's not about reversing the field, or anything like that. It's about bunching the field up and giving others a sniff at a chance to win. We've had years of experience with ballast systems, don't forget ;)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2014, 12:20:53 PM »
Qual: Managed to set a PB so was happy with 9th.
R1: "You cant win it at T1 they say" - well that didn't stop someone slamming into the back of me and sending me through the air.  The game then put me back to the pits!   From there the fun began trying to put some passes on and get back.  Unfortunately as I got a run on Schmittez down the last straight he moved over and we both ended up in the grass.  Pushed on after that to come home 14th.
Q2  Improved one spot albeit with a slower time for 8th.
R2:  This was a much higher intensity race as I managed to grab three on the limit passes to get into 5th.  I was slowly catching Grattulin but by the second last lap the rears fell down to 90% so although he was in sight the last lap was all about keeping it on the track.
Well done to all and thanks Wally for another well run season... 

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2014, 02:03:11 PM »
So is there any chance these T1 smashes are going to get cleaned up, clearly myself and Freezer both got the rotten end last night, both launched into the stratosphere

At least Freezer's pit box must have been closer to pit exit as I had to pretty much do the whole straight under pit speed limit, by the time I got back out it would have been 20 minutes of hot lapping....... hence I quit.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Round 5: Nurburgring race chat
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2014, 02:38:41 PM »
I saw your two cars fly in the corner of my screen. You can see my car in the picture. I had a car warp severely in front of me at the end of the straight. It disappeared and reappeared so I slowed down cause I didn't t really know where it was. I think it was Cramjet so I will add it to my protest against CRAMDICK RACING :D :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal