Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 5: Mugello Race Chat

Author Topic: Round 5: Mugello Race Chat  (Read 49643 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Round 5: Mugello Race Chat
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2014, 08:49:06 PM »
Thanks for all the thanks guys. I enjoy doing it.

Race 1 was a blast at the start. There was some great pack racing going on, with a tight pack of 4 or 5 cars for ages. What a bummer that the replay doesn't cover that early excitement. I wonder if you could write a program which takes a copy of the cr file every 10 mins (assuming that the replay is playable at any time). Hmmmm...
I ended up behind GW for a while and nearly got caught out by his earlier braking about T4, avoiding the back of his car. After another lap or 2, I had to brake hard to avoid his car there and ended up spinning, and lost 3 places on the grass. Rolz had an off, I snuck past the inside of Butters at the fast right hand sequence, then GW had an off, so I climbed back a few places. That was an exciting race.

Race 2 we less eventful, a bit lonelier.

As to my race starts, in the group A anyway, I hold the revs about redline and then sort of feather the throttle as I dump the clutch, trying to stay on the edge of wheel spin. I normally get fairly good starts.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2014, 10:12:48 AM »
Firstly congratulations to Darren on taking the "Pat Phillip's Cup" in the inaugural AC Season.
Thanks to Wally for running another fun, well produced and delivered season.
SOrry for my tardiness on my reply...

I had the speed in straight lines in the DTM! A great car and a not so great driver... hehehe, I think my expectations were too high, and I over drove all the time... but has some fun runs, (learnt not to use the look l/r  :o it blows my mind!), but overall enjoying the company, the sim, what a package! Looking forward to next season.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Grubbet

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2014, 01:57:28 PM »
Thanks for a fun season Wally :D i was only on reserve but still got 3 full rounds in.

Race 1 went really well for me (at first) went from 9th to 3rd in a couple of corners lol. then slowly through out the race as my tires wore out and became useless i went back to 11th :(

I changed to hard tires for Race 2 but i suddenly had a super high ping and left the race.. I checked it before the race and it was just fine. i really don't know why it randomly spikes like that (over 1000!). Once i left the server and came back it went back to normal and i completed 10 laps.

Sorry if i wrecked anyone with my bad ping. Some of the problem is that i share internet with 3 other people :(. We will be getting the NBN soon (not really sure when. I can see the tower from my house) and that will hopefully fix my internet troubles.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2014, 04:40:06 PM »
Here are the on-board videos (the boring parts cut) I recorded for both races.  I was terrible in Race 1 as you'll see...

Mugello Race 1:
[youtube]h7zxVmEePfE[/youtube]

Mugello Race 2:
[youtube]YLS8dPKCydM[/youtube]
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 04:42:23 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2014, 06:01:41 PM »
Here are the on-board videos (the boring parts cut) I recorded for both races.  I was terrible in Race 1 as you'll see...

Mugello Race 1:
[youtube]h7zxVmEePfE[/youtube]

Mugello Race 2:
[youtube]YLS8dPKCydM[/youtube]

awesome Guybrush! How did you manage to record the start? Was it just in the file?

I don't know if you had all the graphic prettiness turned up? looks like you have.. Cause you can go into the game settings and turn it all up and it will change in the replay. you can even change skins.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2014, 06:55:24 PM »
Yeah, that's great to see the start of the race for a change. Much more action. Is that a shadowplay thing? I've never used that.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2014, 07:14:59 PM »
we should put this on Twitch TV and make some money from it, as in the next live event we should broadcast.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2014, 01:48:23 PM »
Now I'm even more stoked about my two 4ths.
I just found out I was only getting about 90% throttle. :o
I thought I'd stuffed my gear choice, as a couple of people flew past me at the end of the straight.
Now it's explained (and it's not my engineering ;), just my hardware :().

2+2=√16

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2014, 04:38:46 PM »
Now I'm even more stoked about my two 4ths.
I just found out I was only getting about 90% throttle. :o
I thought I'd stuffed my gear choice, as a couple of people flew past me at the end of the straight.
Now it's explained (and it's not my engineering ;), just my hardware :().
What wingset did you run.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2014, 04:51:13 PM »
1 rear 3 front (but that shouldn't make a difference).
But the acc. pot is definately faulty.

2+2=√16

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2014, 05:13:25 PM »
1 rear 3 front (but that shouldn't make a difference).
But the acc. pot is definately faulty.
Well it could make a difference, but not what I saw on wednesday night, I ran 1 and 2.... Im going to run some runs in a straight line speed test drag strip in game just for the hell of it using no wings and full wings, shall depend on what the longest drag strip is.
What pedals you using? I had the same problem with my t500

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2014, 05:29:10 PM »
I used 3-1 wings for qualy but 3-2 for the race, the one thing with wings is not necessarily the lowest rear will give you the highest top speed as this may be limited by gearing and also the exit speed out of the last turn at mugello. If its too loose at the rear you may be a few kmh slower onto the straight which is more then you may make up with less drag. I was also geared hitting the rev limiter the last few meters before the t1 brake point and I actually think I may have been on the limiter longer with 2 rear wing but I didnt compare telemetry of both but may run a couple laps both ways on soft tyres to get a proper test.

I still found I was a few tenths quicker with 1 at the rear but was more consistant with a more planted rear end through the twistier sections. At Monza I also found less rear wing was loosing me quite a bit of mid corner speed so I used a bit more wing there but was quite off pace anyway in traffic most of the race then.

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2014, 10:54:57 PM »
I used 3-1 wings for qualy but 3-2 for the race, the one thing with wings is not necessarily the lowest rear will give you the highest top speed as this may be limited by gearing and also the exit speed out of the last turn at mugello. If its too loose at the rear you may be a few kmh slower onto the straight which is more then you may make up with less drag. I was also geared hitting the rev limiter the last few meters before the t1 brake point and I actually think I may have been on the limiter longer with 2 rear wing but I didnt compare telemetry of both but may run a couple laps both ways on soft tyres to get a proper test.

I still found I was a few tenths quicker with 1 at the rear but was more consistant with a more planted rear end through the twistier sections. At Monza I also found less rear wing was loosing me quite a bit of mid corner speed so I used a bit more wing there but was quite off pace anyway in traffic most of the race then.

Am I wrong in thinking the suspension differences between front and back also add to the drag effect? I'm not sure if it was placebo but I noticed lifting the suspension on the rear got my more stability through the twisty sections.

I'd need to check but from memory my suspension was 2-3 front and 5 at the back.  My wings were 3-4 for the race  :o
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 10:57:52 PM by Phil »

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2014, 12:17:58 AM »
I used 3-1 wings for qualy but 3-2 for the race, the one thing with wings is not necessarily the lowest rear will give you the highest top speed as this may be limited by gearing
I did repeat tests when we were at Monza and couldn't get any difference in speed across the start/finish regardless of wing!

Offline BJSRacer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2014, 12:53:11 AM »
Thanks for the races.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal