Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 14 (Maserati GT4) Season Info and Signup

Author Topic: Season 14 (Maserati GT4) Season Info and Signup  (Read 46289 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: Season 14 (Maserati GT4) Season Info and Signup
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2016, 10:40:09 AM »
Quite a tricky track this one. I did a few laps but was a couple of seconds off Grat's pace. I think I cut track for the first 10 laps every lap  ;D

The track boundaries seem a little off, after exiting and going to the outside the red area didn't seem to count as track, but the same red area inside some apexes you can go right over with no cut.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2016, 11:35:05 AM »
It took me about 20 laps to learn this track which is quite a lot.  On a single screen all you can see is tarmac and a bit of kerb so every corner looks the same.

So far it seems flat and boring with little opportunity to pass but we'll see what the race brings.  I assume that the real series is racing here otherwise I can't see anything special about this track vs. other better tracks we have available. :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2016, 11:40:43 AM »
I took the tracks from the real 2016 Blancpain series. GT3 admittedly, but close enough.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2016, 11:50:46 AM »
I think as a mod the track is quite poorly made graphically, but the track itself I dont mind driving. On a single screen it would be even more awkward especially the longer double apex corners.

I think track list was made following the main blancpain gt series not the tracks being run in these cars themselves. I couldnt find this series running at Misano but they have tested here. These cars run in the european GT4 series and also US PWC cup and have also ran some Maserati Torfeo series.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/12/31/maserati-trofeo-gt4-video/

For the past twelve years, customers looking to push their Maserati to the limit have been taking part in the Trofeo series. But the Italian automaker is pulling the plug and stepping into to GT4 competition.

The Trofeo World Series kicked off back in 2003 when the field was made up of spec racers based on the old Maserati 4200. The newer GranTurismo MC took its place in 2010, and with it the series expanded from Europe into other locations. This year's calendar saw it race at Paul Ricard in France and the Red Bull Ring in Austria, at Road America, VIR, and Laguna Seca here in America, at Suzuka in Japan and Abu Dhabi in the Middle East.

This will be the last season for the championship, but that doesn't mean client racers won't have a chance to turn the wheel of a Maserati in anger again. Instead of competing exclusively against identical machinery, Maserati will now support customer teams in two racing series under GT4 regulations: the Pirelli World Challenge here in the US and the European GT4 Championship across the pond. To that end, it's adapting the GranTurismo MC from Trofeo spec to GT4 by reducing the output from the 4.7-liter V8 from 488 horsepower to 430 and tweaking the aero package.

Following the Balance of Performance tests to be undertaken under the auspices of the SRO (which runs the Euro GT4 series as well as the Blancpain championships), a good 10 teams will field 20 cars between the two series on both sides of the Atlantic. Those still interested in competing in spec racing series with identical machinery still have plenty of places to turn, including the Ferrari Challenge, Lamborghini Super Trofeo, and the Porsche Supercup. Check out the modified Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4 in the gallery above and video below.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 12:04:55 PM by marty »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2016, 12:04:55 PM »
I assume that the real series is racing here otherwise I can't see anything special about this track vs. other better tracks we have available. :)

Like Gentrack?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2016, 12:16:14 PM »
Passing in general wont be easy in these cars, if you hit the apex and get a good exit there is not much the guy behind can do even if a couple seconds per lap quicker. VIR was a great track to drive in them but passing there was not easy either, there were a couple spots but quite sketchy. Here your not going to be in such awkward spots side by side as VIR but getting into that position isnt easy.

As GB will most likely be clearly ahead as always and a single file rolling start then there is not much chance of you getting stuck behind others anyway but will likely have some boring races. I would prefer race 2 as a top 10 reverse then just starting in race 1 finish order as it would spice the racing up a bit. Also pit stops would be more strategic as you would try to undercut and get some clear laps in to pass those ahead you may not be able to easily on track.

Qualifying I think there will be likely quite a few people set laps with cuts especially at this track so there should be some form of penalty for setting your qualy lap on an invalid lap to make people give them up if PLP says they have cut. At this track there are massive gains if you exceed track limits but in the practice server it invalidates all cut laps in practice and qualy, in race the cuts are a bit brutal but there is nothing that can be done.

Ideally if we could run in game cuts for qualy and disable them for the race it would be the best solution. I have asked for this at the official forums but I dont think the devs have shown interest in this. I think a previous version we ran of this track in another season the cuts were very soft now at 3 tyres out its pretty strict in most spots and ingame seems to match up with PLP quite well.

Guys practicing may want to try learn track limits as the ingame cuts are working as if you use more track on race nite your bound to get lots of time penalties. Also pit entrance you are turning and braking so with no abs if you come in too hot it will lock fronts and you will nail the pit wall. Well worth practicing pit in but many dont ever drive into the pits until they need a stop in race 1.

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2016, 12:46:40 PM »
I assume that the real series is racing here otherwise I can't see anything special about this track vs. other better tracks we have available. :)

Like Gentrack?

I'm pretty sure the real series has been swapped from Misano to Gentrack.  I think it's only fair that we should also follow suit Tuesday night ;)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2016, 01:09:51 PM »

Like Gentrack?

I'm pretty sure the real series has been swapped from Misano to Gentrack.  I think it's only fair that we should also follow suit Tuesday night ;)

your right GB, I just checked!

"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2016, 01:26:51 PM »
Nice one Bruce!

Some seasons have "gimmicks" like reverse grids, or ballast, if you can call that a gimmick. This is a "purer" season, for a change, and a little more endurance based. It won't be a passing frenzy like the reverse grid races. It's a different style of racing, part of the variety.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline stevenngo

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2016, 07:57:24 PM »
I am trying to join the practice server but apparently my minorating is too low  :(

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2016, 09:24:53 PM »
I am trying to join the practice server but apparently my minorating is too low  :(

Marty will need to add you to the "whitelist".

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2016, 10:03:41 PM »

I will need to get your guid and will add you to the server whitelist.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2016, 10:25:50 PM »

I PM'd it to you Marty.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2016, 10:47:07 PM »

I PM'd it to you Marty.

Thanks got both yours and stevens PM and have added him to the whitelist so should be good to go. I used Steven's pm as Wally you used the extra fine print again and I cant see it.  :D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2016, 11:29:50 PM »

I PM'd it to you Marty.

Thanks got both yours and stevens PM and have added him to the whitelist so should be good to go. I used Steven's pm as Wally you used the extra fine print again and I cant see it.  :D
Gah, some cut and paste quirkiness on my Android tablet, I'm sure.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal