Xtreme Gaming Network

Pit lane penalty app: 2.00

Author Topic: Pit lane penalty app: 2.00  (Read 201183 times)

Online Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: New pit lane penalty app: 1.9 for download
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2016, 01:54:17 PM »
Wally, can I suggest having a toggle switch in the on-screen app that activates or deactivates the starting lights?  This way you can easily turn it on/off if you are in a public server or other race which won't use PLP's start.

Yeah, I've been thinking of doing something like that. There is an option in the INI file to turn the lights on or off, but an on-screen option would make life easier. The only problem is that then you might get guys who have accidentally turned it off in our league races and just go when the AC lights come on. Or I could make it always come on by default, if the option is set in the INI file, and you then you can toggle it on or off.

Regarding the drive through I just did a test at Donnington and the drive through there is only worth just over 7 seconds vs the penalty of 20 seconds. From memory at most tracks we ran the total pit stop time was mostly around 24 to 30 seconds and this included changing tyres or tyres and fuel which is about 10 seconds.

So going by that a drive through at many tracks would be a net loss of less then the 20 seconds time added. Here is my test run at Donnington with the track grip level my average lap pace was a high 1:24

http://52.62.71.102:50041/sessiondetails?playerInSessionId=7631#

I stopped at the end of lap 3 so lap 2 and 5 were clear race pace laps and the average of laps 3 and 4 would be the net time lost for the drive through.

L1 1:38.310
L2 1:24.933
L3 1:25.936
L4 1:31.328
L5 1:24.728

Add together lap 3 and 4 gives 177.264 seconds
Add together laps 2 and 5 is 169.661 seconds
so a net loss here is only 7.6 seconds with a drive through where a time penalty would be 20 seconds.

I did test the start procedure and it seems simple enough, I cant imagine too many people jump starting anyway so not likely to be much different as gaining .1 -.3 off the line is not worth risking 20 seconds.

The Donington pit lane is relatively short. So you can tour the pit lane in just 7 seconds there? That's surprising.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2016, 02:33:19 PM »
I was surprised it was so quick through that lane but it will also be dependant on the car, as a drive through your not needing to stop your only going through at the speed limit and it depends how much faster you can drive by at race pace. The Gt86 isn't a real quick car so its not losing heaps at the speed limit but I think the GT3 cars from the practice I did most stops plus fuel or tyres were 24 to 30 seconds with maybe spa the slowest. So in GT3 cars you'd likely lose less then 20 seconds in a drive through penalty at nearly all the tracks we ran last season.

A stop go is quite a bit more of a penalty then a drive through is and if you consider going through the pitlane stopping for tyres or fuel was generally well under 30 seconds net loss a basic drive through should easily be 10-15 seconds faster then this and unlikely to be more then 20 seconds at most tracks in nearly all cars.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2016, 04:26:18 PM »
gaining .1 -.3 off the line is not worth risking 20 seconds.

Well, I guess in theory one could gain something like 10 seconds if he starts when AC's lights go off. But then again, I guess he would be just banned for life then ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2016, 05:38:45 PM »

Well, I guess in theory one could gain something like 10 seconds if he starts when AC's lights go off. But then again, I guess he would be just banned for life then ;)

Thats the same as someone blatantly exploiting track cuts, they wouldnt last long I think.Though Im sure not all will take notice of the lights first up which likely would mean a rs for a huge jump and hitting others. In real racing technically someone could go on the 2 min warning get a drive through and still nearly gain a lap. Pretty sure they would be black flagged and dq for that as they would in a league race.

I wonder if the app will be properly time synced for all. If its going off the ingame lights it should be.

Online Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2016, 06:21:04 PM »

Thats the same as someone blatantly exploiting track cuts, they wouldnt last long I think.Though Im sure not all will take notice of the lights first up which likely would mean a rs for a huge jump and hitting others. In real racing technically someone could go on the 2 min warning get a drive through and still nearly gain a lap. Pretty sure they would be black flagged and dq for that as they would in a league race.

I wonder if the app will be properly time synced for all. If its going off the ingame lights it should be.

Yeah, I'm curious about the synch too. I kinda think it has to be, as the....

Ah, oops. Penny drops.

The random delay at the end has to go, as that will be different for everybody. LOL. Or I base the randomness on something ever player gets told by the server. Yeah, that's what I'll have to do.

OK, once that's fixed, it will be the same for everyone, as the AC lights go out for everybody at the same time, and then the PLP lights go out a fixed number of seconds after that.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2016, 06:44:11 PM »

Yeah, I'm curious about the synch too. I kinda think it has to be, as the....

Ah, oops. Penny drops.

The random delay at the end has to go, as that will be different for everybody. LOL. Or I base the randomness on something ever player gets told by the server. Yeah, that's what I'll have to do.

OK, once that's fixed, it will be the same for everyone, as the AC lights go out for everybody at the same time, and then the PLP lights go out a fixed number of seconds after that.
What are you going to do? Are you going to let the server pick the random number and send it to each individual app?

Online Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2016, 07:20:40 PM »
Ha, that would have been hilarious, watching everyone start at random times.

I'm going to generate a pseudorandom number from something that's the same for everyone, that the app knows: date, AC version, number of race laps etc.

Online Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: New pit lane penalty app: 1.10 for download
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2016, 07:20:56 AM »
Version 1.10 in the first post fixes the random interval bug, so all players will now start after the same random interval.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2016, 08:52:00 PM »
Wally, any chance of making the top row of lights light up as well?  The only reason I ask is I have apps covering the whole top of the screen, which covers the bottom row of start lights, but the top row seem to be above the allowed height of app placement, so they aren't obscured.

Online Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2016, 11:29:30 PM »
Wally, any chance of making the top row of lights light up as well?  The only reason I ask is I have apps covering the whole top of the screen, which covers the bottom row of start lights, but the top row seem to be above the allowed height of app placement, so they aren't obscured.
Yeah, I could do that.

Online Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2016, 09:18:26 AM »
GB, if you re-download from the first post, both rows of lights come on.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2016, 09:36:03 AM »
Brilliant.  Thanks Wally.

Rolz

« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2016, 10:17:51 AM »
Top stuff with this addition Wally!

Offline Rene Kierchhoff

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2016, 12:11:13 AM »
Hello guys,
First of all, brilliant version of PLP. I downloaded the current version of PitLanePenalty (1.10) and tested it in Single- and Multiplayer with the time penalty for cutting more than 3 times. Unfortunately the system showed the penalty during the race in the chat but the system didn't add 10 seconds to my race result. Do you have any idea how to solve it or what I have to do?

Rene

Online Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2016, 07:18:14 AM »
Hello guys,
First of all, brilliant version of PLP. I downloaded the current version of PitLanePenalty (1.10) and tested it in Single- and Multiplayer with the time penalty for cutting more than 3 times. Unfortunately the system showed the penalty during the race in the chat but the system didn't add 10 seconds to my race result. Do you have any idea how to solve it or what I have to do?

Rene

Hi Rene, see answers on the AC forum.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal