Xtreme Gaming Network

S44R4 - SUGO West - NOVEMBER 8

Author Topic: S44R4 - SUGO West - NOVEMBER 8  (Read 8347 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S44R4 - SUGO West - NOVEMBER 8
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2022, 10:33:53 PM »
I’m just wondering which mod we are racing tomorrow night?
 Are we keeping with the existing specs or moving to the update seanus posted earlier in this thread?
Cheers,
Bradc.
Hi Brad, we're running Seanus's latest version, which you will need to re-download here (same link as before). I've updated the practice server with this version.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2022, 07:53:31 AM »
I’m just wondering which mod we are racing tomorrow night?
 Are we keeping with the existing specs or moving to the update seanus posted earlier in this thread?
Cheers,
Bradc.
Hi Brad, we're running Seanus's latest version, which you will need to re-download here (same link as before). I've updated the practice server with this version.

Thanks Wally, I will need to do the correct update before racing tonight. I did have a bit of a run with the new physics and it’s not my cup of tea (always one I know!). I couldn’t get access to the server so I tried on the previous weeks track and found that rawness and knifes edge is gone and driving it felt rather easy.  I feel like with this update that I now make one turn in and then nail the throttle where as before I was having to make many adjustments and finely balance everything until well down the straight. It will be interesting to see how everyone else finds them. At best it should make closer racing a lot easier as these feel a lot safer.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2022, 06:09:12 PM »
Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2022, 10:20:58 PM »
Results are up - well done to Scott who narrowly won the round from Bacchulum.

PS. Yes, Joe did drop a lap in race 1. I've adjusted the points accordingly, even though the race 1 report will show the incorrect position.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 10:37:41 PM by Wally »

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2022, 10:21:57 PM »
It will be interesting to see how everyone else finds them. At best it should make closer racing a lot easier as these feel a lot safer.

Well I got this wrong! Tonight the racing felt more like bumper karts on a console. It didn't really matter because I never had the speed as I'm struggling with the new physics introduced for this round, so it's been a rather frustrating night for me. Maybe with some more practice I might be able to work out a set up which works because nothing of which I've come accustomed to with this mod works the same way anymore, which kind of sucks.

Offline Scott_Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2022, 11:02:03 PM »
Great racing tonight gents, was a marathon effort. Some cracking racing enjoyed at all parts of the track, the go karts feel very realistic, Seanus thank you for an awesome rig. You had some good lap times tonight Brad, luck must not have been on your side to put them in consistently.  Surprised to see that Bachhulum didn’t get the overall win, definitely the consistently quickest out there (cheers for the setup too mate!!!!)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2022, 05:25:08 AM »
You won the round on bonus points for two fastest laps and pole. :( :P ;D

2+2=√16

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2022, 09:39:27 AM »
I struggled to enjoy the night early on. Wasn't really a fan of the car changes and I'd done no practise with the new version. I did manage to find a bit of pace by the last race and had some good close racing. Didn't help that race 2 and 3 even starting near the front I bogged down and was quickly to the back of the field. Will have to practise some starts as with the previous car I was just full throttle and drop the clutch.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2022, 10:00:48 AM »
You won the round on bonus points for two fastest laps and pole. :( :P ;D
Actually, after adjusting points for Joe's skipped lap, Scott and Bacchulum tied for the round win, 48 points each. I wrote the post before I remembered to fix Joe's lap.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2022, 10:13:38 AM »
Fun but tough night of racing.  Had some good battles, took some hits, and made a few of my own mistakes.  Still need to find some more pace though!
As for the carts update . . . much better!  If you drive real carts these are now much more realistic, the way the old ones stepped out so harshly in the rear was not.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2022, 11:10:18 AM »
I seemed to find a bit of pace by not sliding much, trying to maintain as much throttle as possible without sliding. I tried slow entry, to get the power down from the apex.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2022, 11:26:39 AM »
I seemed to find a bit of pace by not sliding much, trying to maintain as much throttle as possible without sliding. I tried slow entry, to get the power down from the apex.

x2!

It took a while for me to starting doing something similar, but these cars now need a totally different approach. There seemed to be a lot of understeer but that could also be me entering the corner way too fast!

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2022, 01:14:54 PM »
So I decided I need a new wheel. The current one feels a bit like what my Lada used to be like around the centre-point, Well that's my excuse for being slow  ;D

But there's nothing available, all the wheels seems to be on pre-order or very expensive!  :(

So any suggestions for places to look?

Offline Scott_Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2022, 01:40:38 PM »
Any particular wheel you are looking for Mael? Belt drive or DD? What’s the budget?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2022, 02:06:08 PM »
So I decided I need a new wheel. The current one feels a bit like what my Lada used to be like around the centre-point, Well that's my excuse for being slow  ;D

But there's nothing available, all the wheels seems to be on pre-order or very expensive!  :(

So any suggestions for places to look?
I think Bacchulum has a Fanatec CSL DD on order... or he might be in the same boat as you, waiting for stock to be available.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal