Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 5: Nurburgring race chat

Author Topic: Round 5: Nurburgring race chat  (Read 54232 times)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: Round 5: Nurburgring race chat
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2014, 12:23:58 PM »
Apparently, I've done a 2.01.
I know last night I found a few spots where I was making huge mistakes. I was throwing down PB's one after the other. Think I have maxed out now.

I would like XGN to recruit the 15 drivers bellow me...
http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank&car=18&track=15&p=&nationality=Australia

I noticed that both you and guy are running lower temp 22c ambient bit of a bug in game as in mp you run whatever you set it to in sp. I figured rsr pro 26c would be best until servers have control of temps. Higher temp will likely give you more grip anyway but may reduce tyre life.

Thanks Marty.
I notice some people with 'H-shifter not used' get a pro ranking while other don't?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2014, 12:30:41 PM »
I know last night I found a few spots where I was making huge mistakes. I was throwing down PB's one after the other. Think I have maxed out now.

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank&car=18&track=15&p=&nationality=Australia

I noticed that both you and guy are running lower temp 22c ambient bit of a bug in game as in mp you run whatever you set it to in sp. I figured rsr pro 26c would be best until servers have control of temps. Higher temp will likely give you more grip anyway but may reduce tyre life.

Thanks Marty.
I notice some people with 'H-shifter not used' get a pro ranking while other don't?

I don't think the H shifter comes into it. You have to be in "pro mode" - i.e. no assists at all, and the ambient temp has to be 26. I think that's all you need.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2014, 12:34:25 PM »
I think its still pro h shifter or not and these cars are sequential shift anyway. Some people do turn on auto blip and lift which I dont think would make a difference in these cars but ive never enabled that.

Pretty sure all sequential paddle shift cars have auto blip and lift as I flat shift these up and also dont blip down like I would with a h shifter car. The tatuus seems to be a sequential but with a shifter as there are no paddles on the incar wheel but still would have to have auto blip and lift built in as its very noticeable if it needs to be done manually.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2014, 12:41:30 PM »

Thanks Marty.

I don't think the H shifter comes into it. You have to be in "pro mode" - i.e. no assists at all, and the ambient temp has to be 26. I think that's all you need.

I'm sure I have all driving aids turned off. Could be onto something with the ambient temp.
I'm not too fussed about it. More curious than anything. Once I'm within a few seconds of WR times I might 'stress' about the little things more.

I think its still pro h shifter or not and these cars are sequential shift anyway. Some people do turn on auto blip and lift which I dont think would make a difference in these cars but ive never enabled that.

Pretty sure all sequential paddle shift cars have auto blip and lift as I flat shift these up and also dont blip down like I would with a h shifter car. The tatuus seems to be a sequential but with a shifter as there are no paddles on the incar wheel but still would have to have auto blip and lift built in as its very noticeable if it needs to be done manually.

Why blip anyway? What's it about? Keeping turbos spinning? Why not just flat shift?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2014, 12:51:39 PM »
The lift is for the up shift in any car you need to lift a little to shift up, every sequential car will likely have auto lift which will cut throttle at the point of the up shift.

The blip is on the down shift where you give a little throttle to rev match and avoid compression locking the rear tyres on entry. So auto blip and shift will do this for you if running a manual shifting car using sequential shift you may want to enable these but if using a h shifter I dont think they would work properly anyway so you need to do it manually.

Regarding ambient temps not a big deal in terms of records but as in mp the server cant set this yet its best if there is an agreed temp. Track temps have quite a big effect on grip levels so it would be nice to have server set temps in the next update as many people would be running different temps without even realising. I think you and guy would actually be quicker at 26c instead of 22c with a little higher temps to get some more temps into the tyres.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:57:34 PM by marty »

G0RGAK

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2014, 01:09:25 PM »
You guys need to slow down. 1.59.1 is too fast. Why do you need to go so fast?!
Guybrush has been doing 1.55's I think he needs to be swabbed!! Must be on the roids.

lol, yeh something ain't right with those times :)

IMO u should be racing real cars, u obviously have some real talent

G0RGAK

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2014, 01:52:25 PM »
Hey do u guys cut corners or stay with both wheels on the black top in corners 14/15, mainly 15?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2014, 01:55:53 PM »
Hey do u guys cut corners or stay with both wheels on the black top in corners 14/15, mainly 15?
I don't take too much kerb there at all. It unsettles the car too much. I think I clip the kerb a little on the left on entry, but avoid it on exit, trying to get the power down.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2014, 02:03:13 PM »

Well, Guybrush might not admit it's a cut. But he comes through 14-15 here pretty quick. His racing line is questionable. I'm pretty new to racing so I might be wrong. He does come past on the left. I'm not sure this is a legitimate overtake.
[youtube]CPZagswOSI0[/youtube]

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2014, 02:07:00 PM »

On that chicane I avoid hitting too much of it just use the lower kerbs but stay inside the big ones. Too much kerb and it unsettles these cars and you will lose time, and Im pretty sure we all are using the slower left chicane not the faster one to the right.  ;)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2014, 03:10:52 PM »

Well, Guybrush might not admit it's a cut. But he comes through 14-15 here pretty quick. His racing line is questionable. I'm pretty new to racing so I might be wrong. He does come past on the left. I'm not sure this is a legitimate overtake.

I think I took a bit too much curb and it unsettled the car.

I take a lot of the first curb and try to keep away from the second, only running across the really shallow curb.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2014, 04:36:42 PM »

I take a lot of the first curb and try to keep away from the second, only running across the really shallow curb.

I think your confusing the grass hill with a kerb, kerbs are the red and white painted bits the green bit is a hill which is a little different and not used by many as it unsettles the car a bit.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2014, 06:10:04 PM »
Server is UP.

Offline crimespree

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2014, 06:21:36 PM »
I'm gonna miss this one sorry. Stars have aligned and my wife is home and our 3 babies are away. This NEVER happens so we will be enjoying our night!

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2014, 06:22:54 PM »

I think your confusing the grass hill with a kerb, kerbs are the red and white painted bits the green bit is a hill which is a little different and not used by many as it unsettles the car a bit.

On a side note. It took about 6 weeks to upload that 16 second vid. 16MB total. I'm not sure if I'm exporting from premiere at best size. Marty? any advice?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal