Xtreme Gaming Network

S42R4 - Tocancipá

Author Topic: S42R4 - Tocancipá  (Read 5136 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S42R4 - Tocancipá
« on: May 17, 2022, 10:43:33 PM »
Round 4 belonged to Brad, with 3 race wins. Male took out pole position and got two fastest lap bonuses. Brad's round win sees him move up to the top of the standings, with Joe's illness and Rolz's absence dropping them down several places.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS

SEASON STATS

Round Points
bradc   55
Wally   46
Mael   42
AGK   38
Freezer   36
Rob   29
Doobs   18
Seanus   9
Joe   0
Rolz   0
Bacchulum   0

Penalties
Race 1
Seanus ran into the back of AGK, spinning him - penalty (20% restrictor) for the next race.

Season Standings
1. Brad, 140
2. Wally, 128
3. Mael, 127

Round 4 is at Autodromo de Tocancipá (largo layout), in Colombia.

Races are 17 laps.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 04:22:37 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S42R4 - Tocancipá
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 11:06:08 PM »
Wally I think you have the Corto version displayed yet state the Large is the one we are running, Can you confirm?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 07:39:17 AM »
Wally I think you have the Corto version displayed yet state the Large is the one we are running, Can you confirm?
Yeah, we're actually running Largo. The picture I found was just that one layout. Ignore the picture.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 02:46:36 PM »
I'll be absent again.
I'm almost mended but can't risk aggravating it again.
Really hoping to be good for next week.

2+2=√16

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2022, 03:48:36 PM »
I'll also likely not be there. Still sick. Wife sick. 2 kids sick still too.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2022, 04:18:23 PM »
We showing our age  :-\

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2022, 06:25:33 PM »
Server's up.... and get well soon!

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2022, 10:23:33 PM »
Hey Wally, this is the rack I was trying to think of tonight. Only fairly short and not one of the Free Roam maps, but this is just an awesome track, even with graphics turned down to "low". I can only imagine how it looks cranked up.

Bannochbrae - https://www.mediafire.com/file/95vwpk28poctrpt/rt_bannochbrae_1.3.7z/file

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2022, 10:43:48 PM »
Hey Wally, this is the rack I was trying to think of tonight. Only fairly short and not one of the Free Roam maps, but this is just an awesome track, even with graphics turned down to "low". I can only imagine how it looks cranked up.

Bannochbrae - https://www.mediafire.com/file/95vwpk28poctrpt/rt_bannochbrae_1.3.7z/file
Thanks Rob.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2022, 10:48:18 PM »
Congratulations to Brad on the round win with 3 race wins, moving to the top of the season points table.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2022, 10:40:28 AM »

Thanks Rob.

Just as beautiful at midnight.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2022, 02:52:51 PM »
To say I’m shock would be an understatement! This was a really tough track to find speed on and whilst not wanting to sound arrogant I really did struggle to get my head around all those slow corners. That was, until I softened up the springs and suddenly the speed came, but sadly so too did the understeer. Whilst the results show almost a perfect night, Mael was super quick all night and he always seemed to be able to fine an extra 10th to take pole or indeed the fastest lap in 2 of the 3 races.

Race 1 - the race long battle with Mael was epic! We ran sure but side for almost the entire first lap and from then on it was real pressure cooker racing. I knew one mistake would mean sudden defeat and I’m sure Mael was hoping I would fall…Despite a couple of close calls as the tyres became red I managed to fall over the line for a very long awaited win.

Race 2 was just as tricky as the nature of this track allowed me to get very close to the leading car but it was really difficult to get a better drive off a corner to make a pass at the next. When I eventually caught up to Rob (who was leading at the time) it took several laps to find a way past as he was very quick in the opening section of the lap where I was fighting understeer  and the only place I felt I had an advantage was at the 2nd to last corner where there was no passing options. Eventually Rob managed to clip Mael’s curb coming onto the front straight and I was able to make a pass into the first corner but then crept home with 1tr of fuel.

Race 3 was more of the same, get a good start, avoid the carnage and press on. The temperature difference really played into my setup for this race as I felt I could run in the mid 8’s for the whole race as for some reason they didn’t seem to wear as much. The conditions felt much like what I’d had in the practice server so I knew tyre wear would not be an issue. Once in front of doobs I tried as hard as I could to build a gap and not make a stupid mistake. I did at one stage cook a tyre with a massive drift and so the next lap I back off a little and lost about a second to Wally, but then the tyres came back and I was able to maintain my lead.

I must admit I’m really enjoying these tracks as they’re all new to me the challenging of learning them has been very enjoyable.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2022, 04:24:03 PM »
Bit of a tough night for me.  I'm slowly finding pace in these cars and qualified 3rd however a slight touch from Wally in R1 led to a hit by Seanus
coming through which put me last.  A spin of my own doing early in R2 saw me again last and to cap it off R3 saw a run wide and hit the fence which
you guessed it . . . last!   Had I stayed on track I was pretty competitive with Wally and Mael and had some good laps whilst they lasted.
My dodgy shoulder is doing me no favours either so hopefully that starts to improve....

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2022, 05:31:34 PM »

Thanks Rob.
It is indeed a beautiful looking track.

Just as beautiful at midnight.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2022, 09:51:04 PM »
This is the free roam track I was talking about.  LA Canyons.
Lots of online servers or just go driving.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/la-canyons.15067/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal