Xtreme Gaming Network

S42R6 - Roberto Mouras La Plata

Author Topic: S42R6 - Roberto Mouras La Plata  (Read 4060 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S42R6 - Roberto Mouras La Plata
« on: May 31, 2022, 10:48:35 PM »
Brad takes out two of the race wins with me taking out the third. Brad wins the round, 6 points clear of AGK and Bacchulum. A bad race 2 for me sees me slip down into 3rd in the standings, with Mael taking my place in 2nd.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS

SEASON STATS

Round Points
bradc   48
AGK   42
Bacchulum   42
Mael   41
Wally   37
Freezer   31
Rob   28
Doobs   20
PumpkinWalrus   16
Seanus   0
Joe   0
Rolz   0

Penalties
Race 1
AGK locked brakes in turn 1 and ran into the back of Bacchulum, causing a few spins - 20% penalty restrictor for race 1 of next round.

Season Standings
1. Brad, 232
2. Mael, 207
3. Wally, 206

This track is part of the track pack. We're using the corto layout.

Races are 18 laps.

It's going to be hot, so watch those tyres!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 10:51:04 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S42R6 - Roberto Mouras La Plata
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2022, 06:46:06 PM »
Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 07:28:40 PM »
People are telling me it's still last weeks track......

2+2=√16

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022, 07:35:06 PM »
People are telling me it's still last weeks track......
It certainly looks like it. Parana

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2022, 10:52:15 PM »
Results are up. Congratulations to round winner Brad with pole, 1 fastest race lap and 2 race wins, extending his lead at the top of the standings.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2022, 12:05:17 PM »
Some good racing!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2022, 12:27:58 PM »
Race 1, OK, 20% bad boy restrictor made it difficult.

Race 2, I started OK with the restrictor removed, had some good racing with Bacchulum and some near misses, but my car didn't want to stop at T1 and went straight into the barrier, had to reverse out, back to 2nd last.

Race 3 I was away in the lead, with Bacchulum slowly reeling me in, lap by lap, building the pressure. Luckily for me he oversteered out of T1 on the final lap trying to make a pass, leaving me with a clear run home for the win.

I had reduced my cambers a bit to try and lower tyre temps. I don't know how much that really helped.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2022, 01:49:57 PM »
Well here I am in race one thinking I've got Wally's measure, chased him down and put on a good pass into turn one only to find out he had 20% restrictor!!!
Anyway, was still having a good night until my internet dropped out on lap 8  so race over.
Race 2 sadly a bump with Mael as he checked up on PumpkinWalrus so me onto the grass and last.  Chased hard to get back to the pack but no cigar!
Race 3 got underway well until Bacchulum threw a nice move underneath me into the last turn to take P2.  From there it was a case of holding of Doobs, AGK
and the charging pack to the end to grab P3.
I've found roll bars my savior, softer seems to give me more turn and can really launch out of the corners.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2022, 02:59:28 PM »
I felt really rusty last night with some very dubious overtake attempts at T1.
Following I could brake later than most but when I tried a move I kept cocking it up.
Felt a bit like Lance Stroll......

Thanks for the reminder about the final turn move Freezer, I'd forgotten about that, I feel a little better now. ;)
I'll try and clean up the rust for next week. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2022, 03:02:16 PM »
That felt like a bit of a strange night from my side, despite the results saying otherwise. Yes my pole position was a mighty low fuel, max risk lap, I then decided to try a couple of set up changes which just didn't work and whilst I could do another high 3, they were never going to beat my pole lap - I just wished I'd saved that replay as that was an absolute cracker!

Race 1 was nothing short of tedious and completely nerve racking! I still don't think I know where the braking marker is for turn 1, nor am I sure I know the best spot is to go to full throttle off the last. AGK never was more than about 1 second off me for the whole race and he drove mistake free! At one stage there I wished I knew where the button was to turn the mirror off as he was rather distracting!

Race 2 - I made a slight tyre pressure adjustment for the different conditions and I ended up going too low on the front left corner. All race the tyre pressure was 1 pounder under where it needed to be and my pace showed! I had nothing to fight with and once I'd got up to 4th place it really was a game of follow the leader. Mael could make a pass on Bacchulum in front and then he's lose it again but I could never get close enough to attempt a pass on Mael.....I just waited out my time until lap 13 when those in front had their little 'moment' at turn 1 and I was able to do a Bradbury and get past but bloody Mael was still in front and I had nothing to fight him with! Eventually I was able to make a pass into the 3rd corner when he ran wide and despite Mael's superior straight line speed I was able to hold him off for another win!

Race 3 - I think I was a little bit arrogant....rather than just alter the tyre pressures and race on, I decided to tinker with the setup - B I G Mistake! I decided to stiffen the ARB and dropped the diff settings in the coast, hoping that would help by giving me better turn in.... it didn't! All this did was make the car very loose in the rear on turn in and extremely unstable during trail braking, especially into the long right turn 3. Needless to say, I struggled and then I struggled badly. What didn't help was losing part of my front splitter in the lap 1, turn 1 incident but after that the car just wasn't fast! In the end I spun off and then spent the rest of the race trying to catch the battle for 3rd. I could not see the end of this race soon enough, but a lot of learning will come out of this one.

Another good night and it was great to see another new racer on track in Pumpkin

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2022, 10:40:25 PM »
I just spotted in the overall stats that Bradc cracked 202 races here and I rolled over 602.    8) 8)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2022, 08:35:56 AM »
I just spotted in the overall stats that Bradc cracked 202 races here and I rolled over 602.    8) 8)
Nice, I missed that. Freezer, you must be the 2nd highest number of races, I'm guessing.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2022, 09:01:48 PM »
Nice, I missed that. Freezer, you must be the 2nd highest number of races, I'm guessing.
Correct . . . . I've been here a loooooonnnng time :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 12:04:03 AM by Freezer »

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2022, 11:21:10 PM »

Wow, who would have thought that as clearly I had no idea

That’s a lot of good race nights  8)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2022, 03:47:27 AM »
No one can beat Wally in that stat (if he can't make it, there's a bye  :P )

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal