Xtreme Gaming Network

April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance

Author Topic: April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance  (Read 110099 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2015, 05:43:21 PM »
Just wiped out Guybrush even before we got into the Nords bit :)) I reckon that makes my practise complete????

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2015, 06:35:42 PM »
Just wiped out Guybrush even before we got into the Nords bit :)) I reckon that makes my practise complete????

Good work Gratulin!

I also crashed him good.  :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2015, 07:28:49 PM »
Did maybe 5 laps last night but one of my kids kept waking up screaming so had to stop. Think I'll take the 458 GT2 Marty.

I know I've been playing AC a lot more than driving my real car when today I tried to shift up with a paddle that doesn't exist...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2015, 07:32:20 PM »

Your practice isnt complete if GB ever manages to get around the track and learn it. Get back in there and finish the job.  ;D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2015, 10:18:03 PM »
Apologies, but I'd like to change my hurried car selection.
I've tested them tonight, and I'd like to settle on the Mercedes.
It's a toss up between that and the C7, very close.  However, the Mercedes gave me 8s extra per lap, did an 8:29.  The Corvette was very docile, though.  Amazing that the very car that has no ABS or TC out of the whole field is the most driveable.  But I could not whip it to go faster than an 8:37 or so, and I don't want to mess with setups.

My findings;
- The Nissan has heaps of speed, but can be a bit tricky in corners, and the default handling does not suit me, so I'd have to mess with the setup...
- The p4/5 felt great, until I touched a curb. Then it spun. 
- The McLaren was a bit of a handful, and lack of top speed was an issue.  I think it takes a bit of setup to optimise.
- The C7, as above, looks the safest option with my driving style.  I did not spin it, not once in 4 or 5 laps.  Sounds great.
- The Merc is a tad more handful, yet it's more exciting and got a bit more grunt by the looks.  Still feels fairly safe for me.  Also sounds great :)

I haven't tried the beemers; lack of time. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 10:24:41 PM by Bird »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2015, 11:52:11 PM »
Ok I will change your selection Bird, for me though laptime wise there isnt any real standout car but the gt2 cars I found quite a bit easier to get time out of even though they are slower in a straight line. I only did a few laps in the c7r and basic setup yet need tp work much harder for the same time from the gt3 cars.

The gt2 cars just have quite a bit more aero so need to be driven fairly differently yet in the end times are pretty close.

I didnt want to be another gtr guy as this seems the easiest choice at this place, its still quite a handful in the corners but the sls is failry close speed wise to this.

Also noticed Bird that your running the old Ptracker app and this is the same with any people that are showing incorrect splits. Best to update to the current version as the old ptracker version doesnt work properly since v1.1 in AC.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 19, 2015, 12:09:08 AM »
and Marty, do you still need to do an offline timed lap to get splits to show up?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2015, 12:20:59 AM »
Yes you do need to do an offline valid lap in order for splits to show up at each track. Only 2.6.8 version of ptracker will work correctly with multi layout tracks though with the older build likely using splits from another nords version.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2015, 08:59:23 AM »
If all people still undecided on the car could give me a selection by tomorrow nite. I will be able to put up a set grid server to make sure all are entered correctly. Id rather find any errors im the entry list before race nite rather then need to restart the server closer to the race if somebody cant get in.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2015, 09:16:48 AM »
Is there a button to turn factor TC on?  When I go to turn it on it just goes through numbers 1 to 12, but not sure which is factory.  I figure it's probably necessary to save the tyres as the Nismo seems to chew through the mediums.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2015, 09:29:19 AM »
Is there a button to turn factor TC on?  When I go to turn it on it just goes through numbers 1 to 12, but not sure which is factory.  I figure it's probably necessary to save the tyres as the Nismo seems to chew through the mediums.
Don't know. I've wondered the same thing.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2015, 01:12:56 PM »

Factory is just the default and one of the options just not sure which, if you want to run with tc best to play with it a bit and see what level works best for you. I findn it funny how rsr allows tc at only one level within pro mode as really any level selectable in car is factory. Its just another setup option like everything else you are able to change in the car.

I only played around with it a little but in the end prefered it off in all cars. The gtr at a very low level can help out of somen of those slower corners but does tend to hurt some faster exits. Also give the hard tyres a go as I am pretty sure I can lap faster from half way into the hotlap on hards over mediums. They then dont go off anywhere near as quick as the mediums. Mediums on lap 10 still are driveable but quite a bit slower then hards, you wont overheat rears as easily either so more stable and less chance of blistering.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 04:19:42 PM by marty »

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2015, 01:47:24 PM »
You can only tell the def TC by testing, sadly.    Since there's a distinct difference, usually, you can tell fairly easily, usually.
I do prefer to have some, on most of the cars. I tend to have a bit of a lead-foot. :)

Btw for me the Merc and the C7 both used about 2% up in around 4 laps. So it's not too bad.  (Mediums)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2015, 03:16:47 PM »
Bad news gents, Guy is learning the track, fast.  He managed to complete a so-so lap...

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2015, 03:37:16 PM »
Marty, it looks like I've not fixed my problem after all. Back to getting a runtime error. I'll try and get on the server later today. If I do get it sorted I'll take the McLaren thanks, but I've missed a heap of practice time :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal