Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R4: Mugello Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R4: Mugello Pre-Race Chat  (Read 33758 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S10R4: Mugello Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2016, 11:58:49 AM »
Guys setup is a little tailey :)

This I find hard to believe  ;) surely the best race setup for this round though. Is the diff typical GB maxed power too.

Funny how the car kind of needed softer tyres when we had in the cooler rounds now at least there is actually a round where the hards are useable. Not sure what temps you need to avoid graining on them but in the first couple rounds we couldnt even get the mediums up to temp so hards were completly useless.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2016, 12:46:56 PM »
Marty claims lap record at Bathurst in slowest car ever!!!!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2016, 12:57:34 PM »
Marty claims lap record at Bathurst in slowest car ever!!!!

The Giz was always going to be quickest and if you watched the race youd see how much closer the 650 was to top speed of other cars. It wasnt 15kmh down at Conrod as it is in game   ;)

I ran a few laps at Bathurst in all the gt3 cars. Most laps in the 650 yet guess which was the slowest by nearly 2 seconds.  ;)

Funny how the audi guys were having a whine about being the slowest car on track and not competitive even though they were the second quickest car laptime wise.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 02:17:54 PM by marty »

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2016, 01:36:14 PM »
Funny how the audi guys were having a whine about being the slowest car on track and not competitive even though they were the second quickest car laptime wise.

Yeah I'm with you.  There are some people who whine a lot about their slow cars, then finish in the top 3...  ;)

Rolz

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2016, 01:45:26 PM »
watched that video this morning... amazing footage and cool how they have moved to an F1 type steering wheel...  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2016, 02:27:27 PM »
watched that video this morning... amazing footage and cool how they have moved to an F1 type steering wheel...  ;D

Im really looking forward to see how SVG does at Nords, he will be partnered with Kevin Estre there who is the current track record holder of the 24hr layout in the mp4 12c gt3.

At Bathurst during the race Prente his team mate also did 2:01.6 to the Giz best lap of 2:01.5 so the 2 of them and Kevin Estre will probably the quickest gt3 enduro team this year.

Its kind of a shame they didnt have an actual speed trap at the end of Conrod so no top speeds were given in the results. By the look of it the GTR was the quickest followed by the SLS then 650s and slowest was the audi. The daytona coupe was the only one they mentioned a top speed of at 305kmh but it is a 1 trick pony being pretty average in corners.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2016, 05:22:55 PM »

Yeah I'm with you.  There are some people who whine a lot about their slow cars, then finish in the top 3...  ;)
:-X :-X :-X

2+2=√16

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2016, 05:29:32 PM »
To be fair, it's incredibly frustrating when you are faster than someone over a lap but lose so much straight line pace it's impossible to pass.  It's basically 0 steps forward a 2 steps back the whole time.

That McLaren is definitely slower in a straight line than what it should be. 

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2016, 09:29:18 PM »
Just to be clear about the pit window, the earliest you can enter pit lane for a CPS is when it says you are on lap 6. This effectively means "the end of lap 6". Likewise for lap 23. The latest you can enter pit lane for a CPS is on lap 23.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2016, 07:34:36 AM »
Hey Guybrush, I've tried the softs...finished on 89-90% after the hotlap.
It was a great drifter set in the last few corners ;)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2016, 09:48:26 PM »
...............me.........got.........in.........TERNET!!!!!   :o ;D ;D

testing the BMW right now,   VIVA Mugello!!!

haha love your posts!
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Rolz

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2016, 11:07:03 PM »
34laps will be a massive test for me... I can't stay on the track for 10laps... I don't know if it's lack of concentration or just the temp

Mediums die on me in 5-6laps and hards, one minute I'm under-steering, the next I'm over-steering...

Will be very interesting tomorrow...

;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2016, 08:00:04 AM »
34laps will be a massive test for me... I can't stay on the track for 10laps... I don't know if it's lack of concentration or just the temp

Mediums die on me in 5-6laps and hards, one minute I'm under-steering, the next I'm over-steering...

Will be very interesting tomorrow...

;D
Yep,  you may not be able to drive flat out if you need to look after your tyres. It will be very interesting.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2016, 09:29:47 AM »
Tyres will make it interesting, my strategy really hasnt got much room for flexibikity as in quite a few server laps even though I have the 2nd quickest lap time I have not passed another car in there that hasnt gone off the road infront of me. Running hard tyres is a little slower but more flexible and running mediums just means id need a longer run on hards later which with the extra fuel is too costly.

In race it may be possible to change things if needed but that would most likely be if someone damages my car. The end of the race will be interesting as some may have properly killed their tyres by then or maybe even need an extra stop.

Overall consistant pace is whats going to do well along with minimizing the time spent in pits. Does it take more time to fill then the time wasted on track carrying extra fuel? If your stuck in traffic then you may need to change things up but I expect Guybrush to be nearly a second per lap faster then me so its probably just a race for second at best if I dont end up behind anyone that slows me too much.

Even if I get pole I wont be getting to t1 first and using mediums and hards I need very different pressures so that idea kind of doesnt work as you cant change pressures during the race in a pit stop.

Rolz

« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2016, 10:25:37 AM »
I expect Guybrush to be nearly a second per lap faster then me so its probably just a race for second at best if I dont end up behind anyone that slows me too much.

I'll be super stoked with top 10 tonight... it will be tough  :o

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal