Xtreme Gaming Network

April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance

Author Topic: April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance  (Read 109324 times)

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
Re: April 21 season break - fun run - Nordschleife endurance
« Reply #195 on: April 21, 2015, 07:19:24 PM »
My ac went weird and wiped my account so will I have to give you a new guid? if so here it is 76561198049373312
do you even motorsports?

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 21, 2015, 07:19:50 PM »
-----------!There is a serious issue!--------------------

My pit sign guy wearing AMG branded uniform....

I'm driving a McLaren!!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 21, 2015, 07:20:02 PM »
Marty if there is room for one more slot me in if you're yet to restart the server. cheers.
OK there are a couple spots left still I can add you what car do you want?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 21, 2015, 07:21:42 PM »
My ac went weird and wiped my account so will I have to give you a new guid? if so here it is 76561198049373312

Still the same one I think this is linked to steam not AC, you should be able to get into the server still but I will restart it at 7:30 once Bafs gives me a car choice.

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2015, 07:22:33 PM »
not many of the SLS in so lets try that. :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 21, 2015, 07:23:19 PM »
OK SLS it is for you too.

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 21, 2015, 07:24:05 PM »
oh and thank you  :-*

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 21, 2015, 10:47:26 PM »
Thanks guys was "fun" in its own way, unfortunately my computer froze up on lap 3 and I needed a full reset. Came back and was a long way down so not much of a race for me.

Qualy results
http://52.64.20.230:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=1256#

Race Results
http://52.64.20.230:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=1257#

Rolz

« Reply #203 on: April 21, 2015, 10:48:17 PM »
I know it was only fun race tonight - poor Marty had his PC crash, but I querying the incident between me and RJM... did anyone else want to check the replays right at the end... Who was at fault there?  :o

Offline mooface

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 21, 2015, 10:55:40 PM »
Great race!

Was bringing up the rear as always with BAFS and GRUBERT, i unfortunately hit GRUBERT at the start of the 2nd last lap, which im mega sorry for, entered too fast and ran out of brakes.

Was good chasing BAFS towards the end, i had momentum but came in too hot into a corner then into the grass. Got back on the road and realized i had no more rear grip and couldnt keep pushing.

Very glad i managed to get to the final lap before the server shut down, huge achievement for me.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 21, 2015, 11:44:28 PM »
I know it was only fun race tonight - poor Marty had his PC crash, but I querying the incident between me and RJM... did anyone else want to check the replays right at the end... Who was at fault there?  :o

I will take a look at it as I think I saved the end of race dont have the start due to my pc crash, but anyway was still a fun nite.

Guy had the pace on me I think and he pulled quite a gap early meds vs my hards and unless he hit a wall I wasn't likely to catch him. I was surprised I didn't hit a wall all race but went a little conservative on race aero to try and avoid crashing. GB did well to pull a very quick pace all race and keep it on the black stuff.

After rebooting the computer I rejoined mostly to see how the scoring would work in a pre booked server, I didnt lose all the laps but had no real idea what lap I was on or who I was racing. I passed a few cars but most I was still more then a lap down on.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #206 on: April 22, 2015, 01:41:24 AM »
Good roll up and sounds like a fun to gone down to hell, and nice work Dick!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 09:16:21 AM by Flattop in San Diego »
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 22, 2015, 07:11:28 AM »
Good race guys.  Just glad to have finished in one piece.  Got to say that I'm glad we won't be doing that again for a while!  It's quite a unique track but I don't find it as enjoyable as a lot of other tracks like Spa and Murillo, etc. It does have a few fun corners though.  Seems more of a track day type thing for going for a cruise.

Thanks Mary-Ann for organising it all.  Your level of administrative performance was thoroughly acceptable.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 22, 2015, 07:38:26 AM »
Well done guys. It sounds like it really was an endurance test. Did people actually get to race together for a while, or did it get lonely?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 22, 2015, 07:58:16 AM »
Seemed a few stayed together but GB would have had a lonely one. He pulled an early lead with some very quick times and I went the opposite strategy and took it a bit too easy trying to avoid damage. I should have started on mediums and taken more risk early nut credit to gb for going for it and sticking it to the track all race.

Then as I had a pc crash and rejoined after a reboot I went through a few cars that were fairly close. On the results there were 3 guys that finished within 2 seconds RJM, Perch and Peter Reid. Thats not bad after 1700 corners and nearly an hour and half.

You really would want a larger grid here or even a revers grid would have been interesting. Passing people on the Nords section is pretty tricky and I had a brain berp lockup when passing Dick after I rejoined the server. Luckily he expected it  :D and so avoided a collision.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal