Xtreme Gaming Network

S6R2: Cobra Cup Spa Francorchamps Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S6R2: Cobra Cup Spa Francorchamps Post-Race Chat  (Read 15044 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: S6R2: Cobra Cup Spa Francorchamps Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2015, 09:43:12 AM »
Sorry for the shunt Joe, must have been one of my few faster exits, missjudged the gap!

No worries Bruce, I had a better line than Rob and was concentrating so hard on getting on the power without spinning to go up the inside that I then doubted myself if I'd turned in to you. With no TS I just waited to see if you'd go first, but you didn't so I went, but by that time we'd both fallen a bit further back.

All part of the fun :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2015, 10:56:39 AM »
Yep, it was a good nights racing.  This thing around Spa certainly took some taming - so tempting to get on the throttle earlier than traction will allow.  I hadn't driven it in a while before I got on the server and used an old setup that a made a few changes to allowing for my lack of practice.  The car was behaving a little strangely so I went back towards the original setup just before my final run in qual which gave me an extra second.

Race 1 I got a decent get away and had fun coaxing it around for 5 laps.

Race 2 I started from near the back and made it around the first corner OK, but then someone lost the tail in front of me and I yanked on the anchors as I didn't dare swerve left or right for fear of hitting someone in the pack.  This meant that there were 3 wide going into Eau Rouge with me being the meat in the sandwich.  I saw Wally back off from the outside and just as he did that it felt like Gwyar may have eased over a little and we collided.  This sent me spinning through Eau Rouge and into a wall and then into Wally (although I'm not sure in which order).

From then on I had a heap of damage and was losing way too much time on the straights, but managed to come through and grab second behind Krahl who looked to have a clean run from the front of the grid.  It was good fun coming through the pack though.

A shame TS didn't work.  It felt really empty and solitary doing laps without the usual chatter.

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2015, 01:22:39 PM »
A shame TS didn't work.  It felt really empty and solitary doing laps without the usual chatter.

Yeah, TS really makes it a far more fun night. Been in other leagues where some people refuse to use TS, reckon the chatter is distracting, but for me it makes the night, would quickly lose interest in on-line racing without it.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2015, 01:30:18 PM »

Yeah, TS really makes it a far more fun night. Been in other leagues where some people refuse to use TS, reckon the chatter is distracting, but for me it makes the night, would quickly lose interest in on-line racing without it.
Really made it difficult to admin the server as well. Really rely on feedback especially when things aren't quite right. Not that I EVER make mistakes LOL!!

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2015, 02:54:39 PM »

I miss TS working, being 'a little' gregarious, i enjoy the good company, the conversions are short, but allow camaraderie.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2015, 02:58:56 PM »

I miss TS working, being 'a little' gregarious, i enjoy the good company, the conversions are short, but allow camaraderie.
I particularly enjoy when someone has had enough and tells everyone to SHUTUP  8) 8)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2015, 03:05:04 PM »
I hadn't driven it in a while before I got on the server and used an old setup that a made a few changes to allowing for my lack of practice.  The car was behaving a little strangely so I went back towards the original setup just before my final run in qual which gave me an extra second.

NOOOOOOOOOOoOOOOOOOooooooooooo!

jumping back in the server for race 2 I forgot to load the setup, did a some laps, and thought, wow this is better, then realised why the change, thought, "your imagining things'!

(and I loaded some other setup that didn't have enough fuel, hence my pit for a splash of fuel.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal