Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R6: Nurburgring GP Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R6: Nurburgring GP Pre-Race Chat  (Read 19302 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S10R6: Nurburgring GP Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2016, 03:59:49 PM »
Is this a new feature with the extended starter map or the surfaces.ini?

Not recently, but previously, I used to run over them quite regularly and never experience this issue.

But if Marty and or GB wish to flatten them out during the race I certainly would appreciate it :P
It wouldn't be the surfaces.ini as that only defines track grips and things like that, not the objects on the track. But it could be something that's different in the OSRW extra pit box version.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2016, 06:16:27 PM »
Server's up - don't forget you need to download the fixed surfaces.ini as per this thread: http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1356.0
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2016, 06:21:59 PM »
Good to hear you'll be back in action.  Hopefully Paul and Marty hit the cones before I do as I think they'll be starting in front of me.  And by cones, I mean the hashish.

Will leave the cones for you mate, have fun with them pre race and during the races.

Offline paul_wallace

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2016, 06:23:33 PM »
The cone thing is just the way it is at the moment, it's set as a "pobject" which is what makes it move when hit, and there was a recent change to how those objects work in one of the patches, can't remember which, but now it can be like randomly hitting a brick wall, or like hitting nothing, it's not specific to this track or that cone. Just need to do your best to avoid it or try your luck, nothing you can really do about it for now. That cone does seem to be consistently bad though, maybe it's just incentive to try your best not to cut :). On the plus side pobjects are all client side and can only be hit by you on your end, so no one can knock the cone into you and send you flying :p

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2016, 06:32:40 PM »
My car has enough trouble taking the big curbs there so if I hit the cone Ive missed my line by a fair bit.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2016, 06:36:16 PM »
Hey guys I'm back.   I'll try my luck at this race w/o any much early practice. :)

I've just hit that cone, and had no problems with it.

Edit: and again, still nothing.  But then I've no problems with the curbs either.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 07:12:35 PM by Bird »

Rolz

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2016, 06:46:09 PM »
Let's hope the cone issue is limited to Lamborghini and Aud.... DAMMIT! :P

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2016, 07:26:49 PM »
Hey guys I'm back.   I'll try my luck at this race w/o any much early practice. :)

I've just hit that cone, and had no problems with it.

Edit: and again, still nothing.  But then I've no problems with the curbs either.

Bird Im sure you will hit it 10 times before the race with no issue. Do it once in the race and your car will explode.  ;)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2016, 09:07:49 PM »
Sorry all, but with this ridiculous heat, that hit at t3 was really to much to digest... The problem is that if I keep having a crash on lap one at each single race, it starts to be less fun... :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal