Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R7: Spa Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R7: Spa Pre-Race Chat  (Read 33603 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S10R7: Spa Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2016, 08:09:58 AM »
I posted a driver briefing post, to lay out the rules for that round. I think I'll do that for each round, with the expectation that people will have to read those posts before the round.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2016, 01:16:43 PM »
Can I suggest that if there is any overlap approaching Eau Rouge, the car on the left hand side of the track has right of way?
Yeah, that sounds like a sensible rule as they have the more natural line. I'll add that to the first post.

I thought the natural line to Eau Rogue was from the right along the pit wall at entry. Otherwise why did they make such a big deal about those that passed from the outside there which is the left side.  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2016, 02:19:34 PM »
When I go through there, like most I touch the kerb on the left on entry.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2016, 03:29:21 PM »
The fast line is to run as close to the pit wall then clip the left curb. You dont run down the left side of the straight before Eau Rogue or at least you dont if you want to maximise the line and speed.

A higher aero car you can run more down the center on entry if its easy flat compared to a gt3 car with low aero setup.

Here in f1 its very easy flat so they dont have to maximise use of track to get through there quick.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2016, 06:18:03 PM »
Since you're actually on the left as you enter that corner, it makes more sense to let an overlapping car who is to your left go through first. Otherwise, the left car backs off and the right car moves across in front of it, which is more dangerous.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2016, 10:56:05 PM »
I think the Lambo's will have a very tough time of it here this round, Can not get the front end to get any temp and massive front graining at 28% through 7 laps. Front temps barely over 50c but at least it has some straight line speed so its not easy to pass as long as it gets somewhere near the apex. I dont think there is anything that can really be done with setup but I need to pretty much get the rear end loose on entry and back it in to get into corners then spin up the rears to keep it turning. Not exactly fast but kind of fun and should make for an interesting race mid pack at least.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2016, 11:30:12 AM »
Hey my friends,a quick update on my pedals situation.I have pulled the load cell apart ,i have put a bit of grease into the pistons case,put everything back together and still no good,so at this stage the new loadcell is coming tuesday(according to aus post) and finger crossed  i should be good to go next week.

yours ,   Simone

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2016, 01:32:06 PM »
I really hope it comes in time, Simone!

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2016, 06:27:51 PM »
I really hope it comes in time, Simone!

I am good to go!!!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2016, 06:35:03 PM »
The pedal gods smiled on you! Good one.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2016, 06:37:45 PM »

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2016, 09:37:44 PM »
I make a monument for the pedal gods!!! Is all I can do!!  :-X

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2016, 09:43:58 PM »
This is going to be an interesting race.  The tyres will be extremely cold and thus extremely slipper after that formation lap.   If we push, they'll be extremely grained, too, very quickly.   

I think the formation lap would work better if we were doing a decent speed, not 120.

Btw, the question came up; are you allowed to pit right at the end of the formation lap?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2016, 10:20:14 PM »
This is going to be an interesting race.  The tyres will be extremely cold and thus extremely slipper after that formation lap.   If we push, they'll be extremely grained, too, very quickly.   

I think the formation lap would work better if we were doing a decent speed, not 120.

Btw, the question came up; are you allowed to pit right at the end of the formation lap?
The problem is, the faster you go on the formation lap, the more accidents you will have, with people bunching up and rear ending people.

I don't see why people shouldn't be able to pit at the end of the formation lap, provided you make your intentions clear. And provided you think you can go almost the full distance on one set of tyres.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2016, 06:36:59 AM »
I  changed my mind. We will have a practice start.  Then I'll restart the race session and we'll do it for real.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal