Xtreme Gaming Network

Assetto Corsa

Author Topic: Assetto Corsa  (Read 227967 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Assetto Corsa
« Reply #210 on: March 07, 2014, 03:50:41 PM »

2+2=√16

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #211 on: March 07, 2014, 05:58:45 PM »
and if you need a gift... 33% off this weekend on Steam...
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 08, 2014, 07:22:11 PM »
T125 with S1 upgrades... WOW I'm impressed!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 09, 2014, 12:46:37 PM »
I started chasing you Bacchulum in the S1 T125, at Mugello, in the friend's leaderboard, but couldn't get more than 2 seconds away from your time. It's quite a handful!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 09, 2014, 01:11:17 PM »
I may have done that time on Medium tyres, I think the Softs suffered in the middle sector. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 09, 2014, 03:21:14 PM »
I was on softs. All I changed setup wise was to put more front wing on and changed the gearing.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 09, 2014, 06:03:52 PM »
Added a few people to my steam account also.. Hit Mugello in the S1 T125 and got down to a 1:29.6xx on super softs using a set that was available on RSR in the setups section. Have not tried Daves set yet will give it a go soon.

Great to see at least you can compare times with others...at least until MP arrives.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 09, 2014, 06:10:28 PM »
The one I posted earlier was for the standard 125, this is my (rudimentary) Stage 1 Mugello:

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

2+2=√16

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 06:56:41 PM by Mopz »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 09, 2014, 08:56:39 PM »
That corner performance app looks perfect for implementing what Rob Wilson describes about cornering in this clip:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uFCGd37bHo&list=UUPwy2q7BNjdLYu1kM_OEJVw[/youtube]

(It's meant to be an analysis of Button v Magnussen, but he gets side tracked talking about Kimi's cornering ;))

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 10, 2014, 11:58:57 AM »
I got to a 1:29.757 at Mugello (setup attached).
I've gone max wings, and raised the ride height a little to compensate. I was having trouble with the kerbs throwing me off the track, so I reduced camber and lowered the fast damper values. The biggest gain I got though was by slowing my corner entry. I was coming in too fast, understeering and then overheating the tyres, and getting an even worse exit as a result. The soft tyres are so sensitive to any kind of sliding. They overheat quickly. So I went for a much more "slow in, fast out" driving style.

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 28, 2014, 05:59:05 PM »

HURRY UP, TOMORROW!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 02, 2014, 10:25:49 PM »
Post from Aris about the 312.

Warning! Nerd comment ahead, move over nothing to see here.
 As Bryant said, the statement "zero grip" is an exaggeration. As an example, the Lotus49, no aero, old 60s treaded tyres etc etc, still capable of doing more than 1.2lateral steady g force in the turns. If you can't quantify how much this is, it is equal to the grip of the Exige 240 S3 on semislicks and much much better than your typical street car. Keep in mind that in real life you feel a big difference in grip with 0.1g force variations.
 The 312T obviously does more, around 1.5-1.6g at any time. It's all in the choice of words really, journalists but often also drivers, will choose a fancy word to describe the handling of a car, but the reality is that there is never just a single variable that defines the car (like zero rear grip), but a big number of small details.
 In the case of the 312T, the small details are the ones that doesn't let you do one perfectly precise lap, after another. Each lap is different, you brake a little different, you do the turn a little different, you slide the car a little different. It's a very "alive" car, very exciting, but if you need to judge it severely, it's not such an honest car. For example a GT3 modern car is extremely precise, always honest as constant as possible and this permits to its drivers to get close to the limit constantly.
 The 312T is not as constant. The limit is more blurred, you go near it but you need to be creative to find it and to stay on it. This means driving a lot with your instincts and less with precise your reference points.
 Some say the GT or modern F1 cars are boring in comparison, but in terms of engineering and efficiency, they are far better than the old cars.
 I leave you with a page from a great book "Formula 1 Technology" from Peter Wright, which explains perfectly well the difference between old and modern racing cars. What you see is the grip and how it grows (or not) with speed from downforce.
 Modern rules limit the amount of downforce to keep cars safe. But as you can see, a modern car not only has more grip at high speeds, but also the change is gradual and has also more grip at lower speed. That is the difference. Not much how absolute values you get, but how you can exploit them.
 The later will be very evident with the Lotus 98T. Almost the same downforce like the Exos S1, much more power... but stil, slower laptimes, simply because you can't stay close to the limit, or even find the damn limit, with that tricky car.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 05, 2014, 10:50:09 PM »
Here's my latest baby :-*

(More work done since the SS, I learnt how to paint the wings and my helmet)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g83135fnflb4zru/Aleph0_37_312T.7z

2+2=√16

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 06, 2014, 12:02:45 AM »
Looks nice Dave. I had to do a double take. The Fezza looks sooo different in JPS-esque black.

rob

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal