Xtreme Gaming Network

F1 Qual Challenge - Austrian Grand Prix

Author Topic: F1 Qual Challenge - Austrian Grand Prix  (Read 13965 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: F1 Qual Challenge
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2015, 11:52:01 AM »
Well, I can't have Marty beating me!  I better do a few more laps and work on the setup ;)

Edit: Back on top :P  Stuffed up the final two corners though - did a Rosberg and went a bit wide on the second last turn which put me out of shape for the last so another 2 tenths in there, plus tidying up T1 and the fast left handers.

You must be running some hefty wing Marty given your top speed.  I'll pretend I have a Renault engine and setup for the race ;)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 01:23:35 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 02:08:13 PM »
Better jump back on and try to take the crown back at least until GB gets back in there, I think you can drive it both ways in terms of setup but I think there is still more time to gain through every turn other then t2 which is the only one that is too slow for any aero help. In a race the lower aero setup may be better still but I will go the redbull settings for grip over speed. Or at least thats what they chose in the past now they cant go for grip and still have no speed.  ;D

GB you should also run a valid offline lap to get some sector times running at this track. Be interesting to compare against the different setups.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2015, 02:58:36 PM »
Marty,

The FormulaCorsa cars are quicker! Just a hint :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2015, 03:42:39 PM »
Marty,

The FormulaCorsa cars are quicker! Just a hint :)

But I prefer the mclaren, also more tyring to compete against others in the same cars rather then the quickest time in the server overall. Quite fun trying to play around with setups and trying a few different things. I ran a few laps and didnt quite get any better but did try quite a few things in setup. You can make the car better in some sections but trying to find something that works at each turn is a bit of a challenge, then you need to push quite hard into t1 but a small error and lose a couple tenths the same with t2. Then if on a good lap to get a real quick time you need to nail the last turn but If Im already on a good lap its hard to commit to that as much as needed.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2015, 04:14:13 PM »
A bit disappointed in the times so far. Had expected in the 1:08s like the real thing  8) 8)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
RESULTS
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2015, 04:47:12 PM »
Results for the first F1 Qual Challenge:

Pole for Lewis was 1:08.455

1. Guybrush 01:09.705 [POLE]
2. Marty 01:10.019
3. Gratulin 01:10.891

Since I made up the rules I declared that only the fastest time form each driver counts. Sounds fair to me!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal