Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 2: Silverstone International Chat

Author Topic: Round 2: Silverstone International Chat  (Read 77185 times)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
Re: Round 2: Silverstone International Chat
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2014, 12:16:30 PM »
Fun reading guys!!
Race 1: I qual low 12 (Actually i am in position 10  in the official times  8)).....ahead of wally...... ::),a little back stabbing here i know but my races are bullshit so far.... >:( so i was saying  I was having a good battle with Glenn and someone else when exiting the corner before the straight i must have hit the curb to hard and i lost it,clearly i noob mistake...fark,,,sorry! After that i T-bone someone at that fast curve at the end of the back straight and after that i just tried to make it up but was too hard.

Race 2: Tragically ended when i sent bacchulum 180 ,jusssssst a touch on his back under braking was enough to ruin mine and his race,,,apologies!!...annnnnd i remember to re-address.

So even though my speed was competitive,it seams i can put it together in the race...great fun!!

....i found the game a bit laggish last night,in one instance my car disappeared while i was following close another car,and reappeared in front....i loved it though,... :P

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2014, 12:33:19 PM »

think of ur fuel levels everyone...   ;D

My little car will be over-flowing after the last race!

I still maintain that Achilles Heels Racing was the subject of a sinister sabotage attempt from a rival team which resulted in a loss of fuel in the final race for both drivers.  Perhaps the old "sugar-in-the-fuel-tank-while-they-are-distracted-by-Bird-doing-doughnuts-in-the-pits" trick eventually blocked the injectors.
Achilles Heels will not let this outrage be swept under the rug, and if I happen to get a red-shell pick-up you others better watch out!

sugar = no work
packet cigarette papers = ongoing misery  ::)
but I must admit Bird's doughnuts are interesting... :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2014, 12:50:52 PM »
I was 'wrapped' 'stoked' shouting 'kowabunga' (with my mic off for a change  :-X) oooo weeee!
WOW! What a change!  Thanks firstly to Marty for the latest setup, it "... Took understeering through turns to good turn in and mid-corner speed.
Second thanks to Phil, Glen had assisted in my wheel setting... yyyyyeeearrrs ago and it had 'changed over time' that I didn't notice. using the setting off the forum brought the experience back to 'car like', my old setting would have been fine for a 1930's Reo bus!

Hit a PB with softs for a great grid position for race one.  Got caught early on in a couple of bingles and slipped back to trying to lap consistently.
Race 2, much better start until I hit jestronic entering the straight on the outside, sorry, redressed and then drove to try and pickup some spots and eventually overtook my team mate, David, on the last lap! A highpoint, normally I don't see you on the track!
Ran on hards both races, didn't want to experience a fall off, but with the setup I can now control slides and recover without overcorrecting so may take on softer tyres for future races...
Great night, I just want to get home and practice... :)
Really enjoying the post race chats, informative, great to know how other sections of the race performed, not to mention the huge lift to the communty aspect of the races.
Dick ++ for your humor :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 08:33:31 AM by Flattop »

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2014, 02:32:58 PM »

think of ur fuel levels everyone...   ;D

My little car will be over-flowing after the last race!

I still maintain that Achilles Heels Racing was the subject of a sinister sabotage attempt from a rival team which resulted in a loss of fuel in the final race for both drivers.  Perhaps the old "sugar-in-the-fuel-tank-while-they-are-distracted-by-Bird-doing-doughnuts-in-the-pits" trick eventually blocked the injectors.
Achilles Heels will not let this outrage be swept under the rug, and if I happen to get a red-shell pick-up you others better watch out!

sugar = no work
packet cigarette papers = ongoing misery  ::)
but I must admit Bird's doughnuts are interesting... :)
How about five liters of water.... is heavier in weight than fuel and feeds through first. Not as spitful as papers I know but can cause hours of fun.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2014, 03:28:10 PM »
The replay file..

Besides all jerkyness (Mainly caused by Marty's haxx) :P I noticed that it's possible to do the race with all the pretty stuff turned right down. Then before you load the replay go into the game settings and turn all the sliders and pretty stuff up to max and the replay will load with all those settings. Good for me as I'm running a Pentium 486.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2014, 04:52:41 PM »
The replay file..

Besides all jerkyness (Mainly caused by Marty's haxx) :P I noticed that it's possible to do the race with all the pretty stuff turned right down. Then before you load the replay go into the game settings and turn all the sliders and pretty stuff up to max and the replay will load with all those settings. Good for me as I'm running a Pentium 486.

A 468! That would run my shareware copy of Jill of the Jungle so good.

Offline DarrenM

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2014, 04:59:00 PM »
Q2: Managed to go a bit quicker again and grab 4th on the grid but this was to no avail as for some reason the game would only start me in the pits.
I think what happened to me was I either hit esc and back to pits out of habit just after the session changed, or I did it as it was changing.

I normally make sure I've loaded my race setup before the end of qual because some open servers have a very short time between sessions. You don't get to finish a lap if the time runs out during it, so may as well use that time to get yourself ready.

If you jump straight in car and forget to check your fuel level I guess you're screwed.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2014, 05:52:52 PM »
Q2: Managed to go a bit quicker again and grab 4th on the grid but this was to no avail as for some reason the game would only start me in the pits.
I think what happened to me was I either hit esc and back to pits out of habit just after the session changed, or I did it as it was changing.

I normally make sure I've loaded my race setup before the end of qual because some open servers have a very short time between sessions. You don't get to finish a lap if the time runs out during it, so may as well use that time to get yourself ready.

If you jump straight in car and forget to check your fuel level I guess you're screwed.

I had that in one of the practice races I think it can only happen after you click the start button and go to grid, if you go back to check fuel you will end up in the pits. Just make sure once the race session begins that you check your setup before clicking the top left get into car button. Did it in a public server race at Monza once and the funny thing I started in the pits and was far enough back the turn 1 mess had cleared a path for me to go straight into the lead with everyone else wrecked.  Had I started in pole I would have been wrecked too but the pitlane may be the safest grid spot for Monza :)

Offline jestronix

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2014, 10:34:00 PM »
First of all I have to say very very nice setup Guy,  I didnt touch a thing and whilst a little light on the backend the ability to throw the car around was excellent, with great straightline speed too.

Race 1,  "Where the hell did Mopz come from ! is what im calling it" Had some slight early on battle with Mopz, as usual the sound of Moppsy's angry determination caused me to get tail happy and we settled into our positions. To finish third with only a little bit of practice on the night was a good result.

Race 2,  " Qualified in the 10s so was happy with that, as usual moppsy taking away a few ms. Having no clutch gave me a piss poor off the line start, then got tail happy once again under pressure, gotta learn to predict force feedback, my wheel "Driving Force Logitech, just hit its 10th birthday!" doesnt have any force feed back since win8.

Had a few mishaps on T1, sorry to someone i took out T1, i came in hot as I was scando flicking to keep speed through that one, i clipped someone as i didnt expect such a slow down.  I got bored and started pushing pushing and made a few mistakes.

Great drive Mopz and Marty, darn your on fire Marty there was no way i was getting in the 9s! Consistent low times during the race too, perfect drive, ppppsssst wheres your next setup :)

And hell no frame drops and system was silky smooth, must be all those trees at monza !

Offline BJSRacer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2014, 09:48:39 AM »
Not a great night for me.
My lap times were less than I had hoped for, but not unexpected given the amount of laps done in practice. After Qual, Race 1 saw me starting mid pack, but  somewhere on the first lap I got shunted and relegated to the back end of the field to play catch up, made places and finished. My experience in Race 2 was a bit of Déjà vu, "get punted, resume race from tail of field". That's racing I guess. Oh well.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2014, 10:38:43 AM »
This punting is obviously something I'd like to avoid, as it ruins races. I hope you at least got a redress. With more support from the server, I'd hope eventually to get some kind of penalties in place.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2014, 11:14:17 AM »
This punting is obviously something I'd like to avoid, as it ruins races. I hope you at least got a redress. With more support from the server, I'd hope eventually to get some kind of penalties in place.

The most annoying thing is the replay size limit means we dont get to see the race start again which is where most incidents seem to happen. Seeing a replay would help people learn who was at fault and how to  try avoid it next time. For me I am yet to have any contact in the RSR server I think only one shunt in the lotus 2 eleven at Valleounga and cant recall any other contact with anyone in any other session yet.

I havent been in the pack on a start yet either up front or in the pits but cant see me being too far up this week so will be interesting. I normally dont fight for positions into 1 just hold either inside or outside line depending on my start. As passing is quite tricky its not surprising people are taking more chances early where its easiest to gain spots though.

Monza may be interesting as t1 is quite a blackspot and in our practice race there I messed that up twice but somehow never hit anyone more by luck then anything else.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2014, 11:29:43 AM »
It was nice for me too see you on the track for once not lapping me :0

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2014, 11:58:52 AM »
I think people too are still coming to grips with baking distances etc. in a big field. Early dive bombs will always cause carnage.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2014, 12:15:24 PM »
Some drivers use different braking point and techinques also.I tend to apply lighter pressure for longer just to keep the speed on exit,some other I noticed brake almost suddenly.It is also true that  learning the behave of the opponent is paramount ..and that's what happened to me in the last race.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal