Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 5: Mugello Race Chat

Author Topic: Round 5: Mugello Race Chat  (Read 49585 times)

Rolz

Re: Round 5: Mugello Race Chat
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2014, 07:10:59 AM »
Congrats all! Top night, top season... thanks to all  ;D

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2014, 07:47:12 AM »
Yeah last night was fun, I practiced a lot during the week and I'm pleased to see it paid off.

I had a shocking start to both races, watching the grid overtake me while I figured out the clutch

Very sorry for the accident early up in race two, I knew someone had a highish ping with the car warping around the place and I thought it was safe to pass.

Race one for me was all about putting in consistent lap times while waiting for Marty to crash :P
It was my only real chance of catching him, no such luck but I was still happy to finish 2nd.

The second race I had a shocking start and but I managed to go from 2nd to 11th I think. After some focus I slowly got back into the race. Thanks Glen for the good battle at the end.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2014, 08:19:42 AM »
Thanks to everyone for my 1st ever season! Had a great time and looked forward to every race. Had a lot of laughs and hope to have a hell of a lot more. thanks to everyone who has helped me!! you are all awesome! and I will still need your help next season!!

big man hugs to Wally for putting all this together seamlessly!

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2014, 09:16:49 AM »
Spectacular start to both last nights races with some biffo.  Unfortunately I got tangled up in the first lap but it made things interesting as I had a couple of decent battles after that.

Second race I managed to avoid the accident at T1 but had to jam on the brakes to avoid the flying E30 with 3 meter long invisible suspension keeping it's wheels on the ground.  I came up behind a group of cars and miss-judged how early one of them was going to brake and gave him a tap into T1.  It was a red car which I thought was Rolz so I kept going after I saw him go past me, but watching my video it was someone else!  So sorry for whoever that was (can't remember the name).  The rest of that race was fairly standard afair, trying to catch Darren and another DTM.

I have videos of both races, so I'll do a quick edit and post them up in the next day or 2.

Thanks for a great season Wally.  It's the first full season of sim racing I've ever done and it was great fun racing with you guys.  Now I look forward to the next one and the casual fun races also.

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2014, 10:04:22 AM »
I've never been in a online league so I'd also like to thank Wally and everyone else for putting it together.

Offline DarrenM

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2014, 10:06:47 AM »
Thanks for the racing guys, and thanks Wally for running it all  8)

I got lucky in both races last night, managing to miss the crashes at the start of both races while Guy and Glen appeared to get caught up in both. If I'd taken the short gear set I probably would have been in the middle of them as well.

Overall the series was a bit of a mixed bag for me. Some races were good fun, but others got too mixed up by the mix of cars which neutered the potential for close competition somewhat. Hopefully we'll be able to do weight penalties in future.

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2014, 02:26:45 PM »
Thanks for the racing guys, and thanks Wally for running it all  8)

I got lucky in both races last night, managing to miss the crashes at the start of both races while Guy and Glen appeared to get caught up in both. If I'd taken the short gear set I probably would have been in the middle of them as well.

Overall the series was a bit of a mixed bag for me. Some races were good fun, but others got too mixed up by the mix of cars which neutered the potential for close competition somewhat. Hopefully we'll be able to do weight penalties in future.

Yer my race one I was in 2nd place, punted off, got going, punted off, got going, all most hit ESC sulking in the sand trap but kept going and got to 10th, race two was a consistent race for me finishing in 2nd with a fast closing Phil.

Even if I held my race one position of second to the end you would have still got me on points so nothing lost really, maybe a few points for the team, Bj didn't help matters by running off to grab a beveridge in race two (lol) while on grid. So he didn't get any points for race 2  ;D

Pat was a top bloke and I would like to get my name on the cup one day. Thanks for continuing that on Wally, I was hoping you would  ;)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2014, 04:54:06 PM »
It's a shame the replays aren't longer, I'd like to see the start of R1 again.
I missed some carnage and was in an intense battle with Grubbet (who was warping a bit) and never saw Darren in my mirros (I hate the V.mirror >:().
While trying to pass there was contact with Darren spinning me 'round but I think I chopped in and closed the door.
Like I said, I didn't even know he was there. :-[

Got and awesome start in Race 2 from 6th.
I went to pass Glen on the right just as he went right, so I changed the plan to left.
Then I saw why he went right, to miss the slow starting Phil but I was commited to the left and there was just enough room, so I ended up 2nd by turn 1. ;D ;D
Couldn't keep Glen or Phil behind though but my grunt helped keep Darren at bay.

Congrats Darren for the trophy and cheers Wally for the work. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2014, 05:37:06 PM »
Id like to see Guybrush replays of both starts, was kind of surprised to get so far ahead into t1 both races. I think Phil must have been running much taller gearng as he qualied in p2 both raced but got bogged down both races letting me have t1 on my own. Im normally a poor starter so was a little surprised amd thanks for glen to give me the all clear in r1 even thogu I didnt respond as i had my mic off botg races.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2014, 06:05:37 PM »
Id like to see Guybrush replays of both starts, was kind of surprised to get so far ahead into t1 both races. I think Phil must have been running much taller gearng as he qualied in p2 both raced but got bogged down both races letting me have t1 on my own. Im normally a poor starter so was a little surprised amd thanks for glen to give me the all clear in r1 even thogu I didnt respond as i had my mic off botg races.

speaking of starts.. What do you all do as the lights start flashing? Foot flat? 1/2 throttle? Just touching the red line? do you pump the gas up and down? I know Marty switches his mic to 'open' That's all I've learnt.

Offline jestronix

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2014, 06:15:23 PM »
Was happy with qualifying and dont know if anyone saw the replay of race one, but leaving softs on shot me off the line making up a number of positions to sit in 3rd, the wonders of softs soon wore off as the field passed by lap by lap. 

Grubbets lag really hurt, i was held up because i just couldnt see where he was, one moment im just about to run up the back of him, next frame hes already around the corner. Are we able to pop a ping cap in for next season Wally?  Auto retire for high pingers would be good, i know i dont want to be doing the same to others.

Race two, first corner chaos, i played it very safe sitting up the inside of the first corner, after the corner i was side punted off the track which i was already sitting on the side of to avoid chaos and spun back onto the track, it was a massive mess. I didnt bother running the rest of the race, my setup was a slightly modded stock config that wasnt doing the job. Game of Thrones somehow seemed better at this point.

Great season, no mic no voice, hopefully be alive and kicking next season, hopefully put some practice in before the event.

Thanks again Wally your a legend for all the work you put in and the fact we just rock up and race, i certainly dont take it for granted, so thank you once again.

Thanks all for a great season.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2014, 08:14:31 PM »

speaking of starts.. What do you all do as the lights start flashing? Foot flat? 1/2 throttle? Just touching the red line? do you pump the gas up and down? I know Marty switches his mic to 'open' That's all I've learnt.

All depends on the car you kind of need to do a couple practice starts. In the dtm I was abiut 3/4 throttle with clucth down then as lights go out I ease off the clutch keeping a little wheelspin then g4adually going up to full throttle assuming I havent bogged down or got too much wheel spin. Open mic always so you guys can here my shifts and get the shits.

In the group a I mostly had the tall gearing and so no matter what it would bog down and get a shocker every time. Its a bit of an art or ass to get good starts needing just the right amount of wheel spin as too much or not enough will give a poor launch.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2014, 08:29:16 PM »
My start in race 2?
Full noise, dump the clutch, hang on. 8)

The gearing just happened to be right (for 1st) so just a tad of wheelspin (to heat the tyres, of course ;)).
In real life, I was bouncin' valves through the hood! :P :P

2+2=√16

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2014, 08:33:19 PM »
My 2 races sucked nuff said

Congrats to Darren for winning the title
AND good to race so many guys, very fun
Once again Wally excellent job,, Big ThankYou

Offline Glen73

• Administrator