Xtreme Gaming Network

S38R1 - Phillip Island

Author Topic: S38R1 - Phillip Island  (Read 11462 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S38R1 - Phillip Island
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2021, 10:44:54 PM »
Hi blokes. Long time, no race, but I've been lurking. I know I haven't signed up, but I intended to and race tonight, but Tuesday is the only day I work and I wanted to make sure I could get home with enough time to eat, get setup and race, but I can't. So sorry for using a vote for this series and not racing. I'll keep an eye on things and see if I can at least race some weeks. They're a fun car to drive, and difficult to make go neat and fast. Have fun.
Hope to see you on track Doobs. The racing was fun - hard to keep it clean for the whole race, which mixes the field up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2021, 10:48:00 PM »
Results are up in the first post. Congratulations Bacchulum on the round win.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Sin

• Edit Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2021, 10:54:38 PM »
I have PLP ticked in the APPS section of CM. Not sure why it would show "no".

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2021, 11:34:28 PM »
I have PLP ticked in the APPS section of CM. Not sure why it would show "no".
Have you actually enabled the app when you're on track as well (via the right hand menu)? When you enable it, it appears briefly before it hides itself.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2021, 11:57:50 PM »
Good nights racing.  It all seemed pretty competitive throughout the field.
I had some good battles, and some good luck to get a good overall result.
Should make for a good season.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2021, 09:34:40 AM »
I had some surprisingly close racing too, mostly with Killagorilla and Dietmar. I copped a few unlucky taps from spinning cars (in slo-mo) in a few places, and had a few barest of misses. The killer for me was a good battle with Dietmar in race 3 - after swapping positions a few times, he got passed me on the final lap, but I then got right back onto him after he ran a bit wide at MG (bottom of Lukey Heights), and I knew I was in with a good chance to get the position back on the finish line with the help of a tow down the straight. But I just clipped the grass on the outside of the final turn which spun me into a marshal's barrier.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2021, 10:27:41 AM »
Nice to be back after a season or so off. Thought I'd be way off the pace. I had better pace than I thought getting in the 1:50s in the last race, but lack of practice meant too many mistakes loosing many many places.

Race 3 had a great couple of laps with Seanus and Freezer, but Freezer and I going side by side through T2 didn't quite work out, then I collected Wally trying to get out of the way  :o

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2021, 01:43:13 PM »
Race 3 had a great couple of laps with Seanus and Freezer, but Freezer and I going side by side through T2 didn't quite work out, then I collected Wally trying to get out of the way  :o
Checked the replay and I would say 50/50, I was trying to hold tight bit drifted slightly wide and you came in very slightly, just a small touch saw us both off!  :(

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2021, 04:15:21 PM »
Checked the replay and I would say 50/50, I was trying to hold tight bit drifted slightly wide and you came in very slightly, just a small touch saw us both off!  :(

Yeah I had a feeling I squeezed you more than intended as the car is a bit loose through that corner. It seemed like a slight side to side knock shame it spun us both around. Was looking to be some good fun until then.

Offline Alphonso_Timmins

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2021, 12:39:35 PM »
I had a good time here.

R1: Managed to keep it straight for 95% of the race, then spun out for no discernible reason which allowed Bacchulum to give me a run to the flag on the final lap.
R2: A 4 way squeeze into T1 on the second lap with cars jockying for position meant that I had to roll the dice and either a) roll into the corner and hope the car in front had enough mid corner space so I wouldn't rear end them, or b) give it a touch of the brakes and hope the car behind did the same. In the split second decision my caveman brain decided on option A, and unfortunately I made contact with Killa. Apologies again. I went down to last or thereabouts, and then somehow got back up to 4th place
R3: Had a good battle up the front, until my impatience got the best of me and I tried around the outside on T1. Not a good idea. I did end up having a really good battle with Wally for a few laps which was probably the highlight of the three races.

Bring on Eastern Creek

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal