Xtreme Gaming Network

S38R2 - Eastern Creek

Author Topic: S38R2 - Eastern Creek  (Read 12402 times)

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S38R2 - Eastern Creek
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2021, 07:39:56 PM »
Checksum error for me too. Tried to d/l latest version from site but download quota has been exceeded. Guess I'll take the night off. Have fun guys, cya next week.

rob

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2021, 08:18:55 PM »
Checksum error for me too. Tried to d/l latest version from site but download quota has been exceeded. Guess I'll take the night off. Have fun guys, cya next week.

rob
That's a nuisance. There's no more tracks from that website in the season, so no more download quotas.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2021, 09:03:25 PM »
No worries Wally, and thanks AB for the offer. As you can probably tell I had done no practice (as usual) so was going to be off the pace anyway.

Bring on next week. ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2021, 10:33:18 PM »
Results are up. Congrats to Dietmar on the round win.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2021, 09:42:16 AM »
I thought my car felt alright in my practice, but on the night it was quite unstable. I spun several times, often while downshifting in the slowest corners, and that final corner sequence gave me the heebee geebees. I did try Bach's setup, but it didn't click for me, but I should probably try to adjust my overdriving style to suit his setup.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2021, 10:20:42 AM »
Good to have some pace and consistency again, but no match for Deitmar's pace. I think Bacc would have been a lot closer to me without his restrictor.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2021, 08:27:44 PM »
I thought my car felt alright in my practice, but on the night it was quite unstable. I spun several times, often while downshifting in the slowest corners, and that final corner sequence gave me the heebee geebees. I did try Bach's setup, but it didn't click for me, but I should probably try to adjust my overdriving style to suit his setup.
I also went the Bacchulum route which was very different to my first set up.  Biggest difference is the engine braking, it like pulling on the rear brakes when you lift off, and can lead to lockups/spins!
My original setup had it right down however I was quicker with Bacchulum's but felt more on the edge.  I also was slower on race night for some reason, although I did my fastest lap on the last lap of the last race . . nice time to finally find some pace  ::) ::)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2021, 08:33:27 PM »
I used fairly large 'blips' on my downshifts to aid stability, adjusting the engine braking would also work, but could compromise overall braking efficiency.

I have some ideas to help the stability in heave (braking/throttle).
I'll be testing them on the weekend. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Alphonso_Timmins

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2021, 10:43:19 PM »
These are nicely matched cars with eastern creek, and there are lots of little details in the track that help extract an extra tenth here or there, such as a curb or subtle camber, which keeps it fun

Good racing all, and nice dicing with you in race 3 Joe

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal