Xtreme Gaming Network

Your command centre

Author Topic: Your command centre  (Read 25222 times)

Rolz

Your command centre
« on: July 30, 2014, 05:57:25 PM »
Out of interest, what does everyone's racing setup look like? I spend the weekend totally redesigning my layout... a lot happier now with it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Your command centre
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 06:04:47 PM »
Mine looks fairly similar to yours.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 06:43:55 PM »
Same here except I took the wheels off the chair.  ;D

Nice use of the weights on the pedals, I may pinch that I have them blocked from moving forward but they still drift a touch side to side, my screens are 28 inch in the middle and 27's on the side. Was my first round with triples and makes racing so much more fun when you dont need to guess where others are.

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 06:54:33 PM »
I did a home made one years ago....still in service..... just got to take a picture.

Offline cramjet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 07:54:16 PM »

I built this a few months ago when I moved into my new place based loosely on some plans found online. Comfy bucket(ish) seat from wreckers on rails means its adjustable and you can sorta see where I vertically mounted the pedals - took a while to get used to it but it feels great now.

I still need to hard mount the wheel, one of the mounts broke during qualy at Mugello in the e30's so I quickly cable tied it back on. Been like that ever since. I also need to paint it and then cover the foot well up somehow. I meant to do that months ago but it works just fine :D

The smallish tv is a downgrade from my previous 3x 23" screens but they won't fit on the end of my desk. I'm looking into getting a rift soon so that shouldn't be a issue for much longer.

Rolz

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 08:54:14 AM »
yeah the weights really helped with it stopping slide from side to side... I am waiting for new office chairs to come in and then I can take one of the old ones home... still in great shape and yes no wheels to slide around on.

Cramjet, that's a really cool home-made setup!

Yeah my setup might become obsolete once my rift arrives...  ;D

Offline crimespree

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 10:46:09 AM »
Here a slightly older shot of mine. Now have a fanatec shifter and surround sound.
The best part is using the phone as a dashboard via the ios dashboard app, you see it through the steering wheel as it should be. I spent a lot of time getting the ergonomics right and would love to spend some time making it beautiful. The only spare time I have is when kids are asleep though and that means no power tools!

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 11:20:11 AM »
I made this many many years ago using chip board and some paint with plastic checker (cos that was in fashion lol).......

I am contemplating whether it will make the move to our next house or get left behind..

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 11:31:46 AM »
Here a slightly older shot of mine. Now have a fanatec shifter and surround sound.
The best part is using the phone as a dashboard via the ios dashboard app, you see it through the steering wheel as it should be. I spent a lot of time getting the ergonomics right and would love to spend some time making it beautiful. The only spare time I have is when kids are asleep though and that means no power tools!

Looks nice and Tidy, would probably come together a lot better if all the colours were matching but what ever, best thing I find is having everything in the exact same place every time you jump in.

Offline crimespree

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 11:39:37 AM »

Looks nice and Tidy, would probably come together a lot better if all the colours were matching but what ever, best thing I find is having everything in the exact same place every time you jump in.
Definitely, what I want to do is built another based on this layout. This was more of an ergonomic trial. I have the matching chair. It's just time...

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 12:48:17 PM »
Wow so many full on setups... I'm embarrassed to post mine. Just imagine a small desk with a wheel bolted to it lol

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 12:55:53 PM »
Wow so many full on setups... I'm embarrassed to post mine. Just imagine a small desk with a wheel bolted to it lol
I'm with you Davo, G25 clamped to a L shaped desk so I cant even fit on the shifter.....! + a single 24 inch monitor . . .
Not to mention an office chair on wheels..... :'(

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 01:10:40 PM »
Mine is somewhere between Rolz and Freezer's. I had to baby sit the 'plumbers' a couple of years back and was told not to work on the cars or play games by 'she who must be obeyed', so out with the welder some old square light weight square tubing, some old chip board and a groovy 70s office chair, done.
I drive a little better, but very envious when I noticed the video on the Cobra, with his FOV on 3 screens, and the dash appearing in front of his physical wheel.

hahah can't find pic, now... later brb.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 04:46:52 PM »
The only camera I have is my phone and buggered if I can get the photos off it. ???

2+2=√16

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2014, 09:53:42 PM »

The only camera I have is my phone and buggered if I can get the photos off it. ???
Use DropBox

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal