Xtreme Gaming Network

Bucket list: future season ideas

Author Topic: Bucket list: future season ideas  (Read 82598 times)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: Bucket list: future season ideas
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2015, 06:04:17 PM »
Maybe Nords could just be one of the tracks in a season.  I think I'd get a bit bored of doing the same track each week - even if it is about 10 tracks in one!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2015, 06:23:39 PM »
It could work, with very different cars making the track feel quite different. It would get boring to use samish cars, but wildly different cars (road, GT, hyper, open wheelers, for example) could be interesting. Maybe a short, 4 week season would be enough, just for something different. The timing might work say after season 9, before the holiday season when people are away. It might be fun to really open the races up to 32, or whatever the pit limit is at Nords. I'm assuming the Tuesday server can handle it. It should.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2015, 09:46:50 PM »
GB's tutorial videos will have to be like 30 minutes long each, but maybe it will work.  :)

Otherwise, we could go for the GT season Wally had in mind with maybe two rounds of Special Nordschleife Endurance Night (SNEN for short).

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2015, 10:15:29 PM »
my problem with nords is i have  never learnt the track, Atm I can get about one third of the way until i smash and start over,  make it one third and next corner  start over  etc, etc
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2015, 11:47:30 PM »
my problem with nords is i have  never learnt the track, Atm I can get about one third of the way until i smash and start over,  make it one third and next corner  start over  etc, etc

I think try learn it as if you were learning the real track, surely in a real car youd drive at a pace that your not going to go off and then build pace. You learn much more each lap so going off means you just learn the first sector, do a few full laps and even better follow someone around that knows the track well and you will pick up the few tricks fairly quickly. The general sim way of learning a track is go flat out crash then back off Im not a huge fan of and prefer to learn as I did real tracks, do laps and build pace each lap.

Many corners there are blind entries and very high speed so knowing the turn in points is critical, also staying off nearly all kerbs is a good step with only a handful you can use and of these only 3 or 4 you need to use. This is a very tricky track because you feel you can always gain some time but then miss the line at pace by a couple centimeters and your race is done. Even maybe learn the track in something slow like the Mito or gt86, then getting into a quickler car you need to take special car at the high speed sections. The new physics have made Nords so much better too as its not flat everywhere anymore in lots of the quicker cars.

I know GB isnt a huge fan as he doesnt like to back off even a few tenths, but the main reason racing can be real close is because you cant really pass the car ahead too easily, especially not in a quick car only the main straight is a real pass chance but its so long if you draft pass someone they may draft pass you back.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2015, 06:55:04 AM »
It's also quite possibly every simmer's duty to learn Nords, in any case. My preference is still a GT season, but his might be a good ”Christmas Season filler”. I would start with a slower car, to let people learn the track, and then move into progressively faster (and different style) cars.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2015, 08:37:43 AM »
I can relate Phil, I think I spent like 5 years in that state of learning.
Then, after I embraced the Wippermann it all became clear... I was slaying my goats to quickly for my pagan gods to get into the ritual... that's all fixed now...  :-X

Rolz

« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2015, 08:42:38 AM »

When I had friends over and they were learning track the race line helped them get a great head start on it (ctrl-I)
Now they know it quite well too :)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2015, 08:50:11 AM »
I can relate Phil, I think I spent like 5 years in that state of learning.
Then, after I embraced the Wippermann it all became clear... I was slaying my goats to quickly for my pagan gods to get into the ritual... that's all fixed now...  :-X

hahaha, I am going to take that on board!
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2015, 09:27:40 AM »
Haven't we already done GT's around Nords?  I think a season in the Beamers might be fun around Nords... Nothing like trying to steer a cruise ship through a keyhole.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2015, 09:41:54 AM »
poor goats, But cant hurt to try stans method I guess,
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2015, 10:43:52 AM »
He lives here...   :P

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2015, 01:35:46 PM »
A short few week Nords season could be fun just need at least 1 week after this season is over as I will be away that week lol. Could start in something slow like a mito or gt86 then maybe end with some fast cars on the enduro layout.

The tricky thing with Nords is the more aero you have the more commitment you need through the quick sections. You can take much more flat with good aero but margin of error is in centimeters at 300kmh. Which is kind of why they dont let anything faster then gt3 run on the real track these days.

Rolz

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2015, 01:44:59 PM »
I have noticed recently and I didn't really before that some of the quicker cars (GTR GT3, M3 GT2) were getting some lift at Flugplatz now. Anyone else notice this?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2015, 02:04:09 PM »
Have you tried the real quick cars, p1 or Laferrari they could probably fly over the fence if you dont lift or brake. The ruf gets a bit of air too in sections but its quite stable of over the crests where the p1 and Lafa go nose up very badly.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal