Xtreme Gaming Network

S7R7: Mugello Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S7R7: Mugello Pre-Race Chat  (Read 14768 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S7R7: Mugello Pre-Race Chat
« on: June 30, 2015, 10:59:47 PM »
Entry List

Bacchulum
Bafs17
christopheraser
Freezer
Gratulin
Grubbet
Guybrush Threepwood
Imperious
JamieP
Jeremy
Joe
Marty
Matthew111
Phil.8
Rob
Rolz
Simone
StanDaam
Vipergod
Wally
Ysu
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S7R7: Mugello Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 12:36:37 AM »
There is a practice server up, its running 100% fuel and wear but I can change it to the race 2 setup if wanted.

Server is called "Marty's XGN.com.au Tuesday practice server reg fuel/tyres" and using my server password so anyone that doesnt have it can pm me for it but make sure your inbox isnt full so I can reply.

Stracker times for this combo on my servers are here http://54.153.159.164:50041/lapstat?track=mugello&cars=ferrari_laferrari,ks_mclaren_p1&valid=1,2&date_from=&date_to=

I think I ran them there a while back so some times are already up. I was faster in the p1 then which isnt a good sign but Im sure those times are probably crappy and the lafa must be at least 1 second faster or I want a proper re run at Monza with people in their battery depleted P1's so my pre season car choice strategy helps as I hoped.  ;D

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 06:32:53 PM »
It's a long straight but there are so many med-high speed corners, that downforce is good to have.
 ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 08:00:01 PM »
I'm out for the remainder Wally
Just not getting into Assetto Corsa atm
I dont know if it's me, my net connection or both. but am finding very hard drive

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 08:13:01 PM »
I'm out for the remainder Wally
Just not getting into Assetto Corsa atm
I dont know if it's me, my net connection or both. but am finding very hard drive
OK, no worries. It is strange to hear about your unpredictability woes, as I don't find that at all. I find the cars feel and react very intuitively. Perhaps it's a controller issue of some sort - spiking maybe.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 08:52:13 PM »
Not sure Wally   I do seem to be the only one having issues
Maybe delete and reinstall ??

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 09:21:21 PM »
Not sure Wally   I do seem to be the only one having issues
Maybe delete and reinstall ??
Maybe.... Have you ever deleted your My Documents Assetto Corsa folder and let the game recreate it?

Rolz

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 09:24:32 PM »
Please don't throw in the towel totally mate... def try Wally's suggestion, or rename to keep setups, but let's u start fresh.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 10:20:16 PM »
Have you tried the fmod channels change? Wally, I think, mentioned it a little while ago. I did the change and the spurious game freezes I was getting have now disappeared.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 12:41:31 AM »
It's a long straight but there are so many med-high speed corners, that downforce is good to have.
 ;)

But I loved racing at Mugello in gt cars with very low aero, nobody is going to get past in the mid section unless you make an error then anyone you can hang on to through there is a sitting duck into t1 if you have more top speed. Even if they pull off an awesome move in the mid section you can easily enough get them back on the straight. The ferrari also likes the kerbs unlike the p1 which is prone to the old kerb of death, which unless 1.2 comes out this friday will still be an issue for the P1 boys and girl.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 04:40:13 AM »
Yeah I don't like the chances for the P1.  Will be interesting to see where it will actually be able to pass the Ferrari.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 09:48:16 AM »
C'mon Dion, try to sort it out mate.  It's the best game since nkp, and very intuitive to drive.  I reckon it's just some controller issue, as others have mentioned.  Can you borrow a wheel to see?  Or can you come over here and try mine? ;)   (central coast)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 04:36:30 PM »
 ;)

But I loved racing at Mugello in gt cars with very low aero, nobody is going to get past in the mid section unless you make an error then anyone you can hang on to through there is a sitting duck into t1 if you have more top speed. Even if they pull off an awesome move in the mid section you can easily enough get them back on the straight. The ferrari also likes the kerbs unlike the p1 which is prone to the old kerb of death, which unless 1.2 comes out this friday will still be an issue for the P1 boys and girl.
Downforce is good for a solo hotlap, but as you say, not for a race. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 05:04:36 PM »
You could try running my wheel settings some time if you want or jump on the server to do a few tests. Im a g25
do you even motorsports?

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 05:29:38 PM »
Could be input lag.  Does it work OK with other games?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal