Xtreme Gaming Network

S12R4: Spa Pre-Race Chat (with optional CAR SWAP)

Author Topic: S12R4: Spa Pre-Race Chat (with optional CAR SWAP)  (Read 18609 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S12R4: Spa Pre-Race Chat (with optional CAR SWAP)
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2016, 03:15:25 PM »
Can I switch to the 98T? :D
yeeeeeaaaaaaahno.
Can't blame a man for trying. ;)

Hey Marty, I assume sTracker is running on the praccy server?
(if not, ignore the following)
For some reason, I can't access it about 9 in 10 joins, the icon is greyed out like in offline. ???
It is like that now and was the same yesterday when we were racing. :(
It just seems like a very temperamental app to me.
pTracker is great, I use it all the time over the in-game timing but it's a very rare thing to actually connect to sTracker.
(it seems a lot worse the last few months)

You know a lot about this app, is there something I need to do to rectify this?
Maybe Wally's suggested setup app maybe worth it if others have the same issue as me. :-\

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2016, 03:20:37 PM »
Bacchulum make sure your running the latest version 3.2.9 I had it set to enable all ptracker versions but noticed it was causing some server issues when really old ptracker versions were being used by some people. Now it should only connect if your running 3.2.9 or newer so if you dont update then it wont connect. Im not seeing anybof your sessions as connected to ptracker so you kust have an older version.

Sorry I really should have made mention of this but since forcing it not to connect to old ptracker versions it has had no issues at all in the server.

I only made that change about a week ago to test and it seems to have stopped the fairly regular server overload that was causing all pings to spike. If I ever update syracker I will make mention of it in the prac server thread.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 03:24:21 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2016, 02:20:46 PM »
With the week's delay, it looks like it's going to be a fair bit warmer : more like 24 with light cloud.  That should make it a bit grippier, and bring engine performance down a bit (I'm not sure how much temperature effects performance, really).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2016, 04:21:16 PM »
Ok I will change up the prac server to some warmer conditions. I did notice at Brands hatch that the lower temps made it considerably quicker. I did set an RSR lap though at Spa in 26c pro mode temps and I was quicker. In the prac server even though I ran a few laps none of them were really a qaully run mostly did full race runs there and only .5 off my optimum conditions lap.

The extra temp may in some tracks help with grip but will reduce power, with the higher fuel loads its hard to compare but maybe it will be a few tenths slower with some more temp. Possibly tyres may get a bit warmer and could overheat on a long run but I dont think it will make a significant change. If it was 34c or more things would get interesting though.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2016, 06:20:45 PM »
Server is up.

Weather is a cool 15 degrees for both races.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2016, 06:38:39 PM »
Server is up.

Weather is a cool 15 degrees for both races.

I dont see the server Wally.

Edit, my bad was a server filter setting.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 06:48:06 PM by marty »

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2016, 07:19:20 PM »
Sorry Wally, I can't make it tonight  :(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2016, 08:11:50 PM »
Sorry Wally, I can't make it tonight  :(
No worries Bafs, see you next week.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2016, 09:04:51 PM »
Apologies Wally, I don't know what happened there on Lap 1. From my point of view I was right behind you then suddenly it was like you either had to back off because of the person in front of you or I got a much bigger tow from you than I expected or a combination of both, but I literally had no time to react and suddenly I was tapping your rear. Probably I shouldn't have been following so close. Sorry to ruin your race.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2016, 09:12:38 PM »
Apologies Wally, I don't know what happened there on Lap 1. From my point of view I was right behind you then suddenly it was like you either had to back off because of the person in front of you or I got a much bigger tow from you than I expected or a combination of both, but I literally had no time to react and suddenly I was tapping your rear. Probably I shouldn't have been following so close. Sorry to ruin your race.
I haven't looked at the replay yet - it's disappointing to go out so early in the race, but that's racing.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2016, 10:51:36 PM »
Looking at the replay, I didn't appear to slow. It looks like more like you got more tow than you expected, and just clipped my rear wheel.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal