Xtreme Gaming Network

S14R2: Monza Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S14R2: Monza Post-Race Chat  (Read 18416 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S14R2: Monza Post-Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2016, 10:14:30 AM »
Yes, a reminder to all that you're not allowed to pass before the start line.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2016, 11:34:18 AM »
It was interesting that the start line could have been taken as two different points - either the true start line at the front of the grid, or the timing line at the back of the grid.  I yelled "GO" when I got to the first start line in case people decided to take off - it's important for people to be quiet and listen though.

Now, if I was being my mischievious self and was back in the pack I'd be temped to yell "GO" before the leader did...  that would be funny.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2016, 03:09:02 PM »
I was 21st and, yes, there was concertinaing in the back straight but I never dropped below 100kph out of parabolica.
Sure, I had to wait 4-5 sec before I could go full throttle (or I would have passed the car in front) but I never had to brake at all.
The only reason you would need to brake is if you just floored it on go, instead of looking at the car ahead. ???

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2016, 06:39:04 PM »
I think the no passing rule is fine. It might help to try and maintain a constant speed all the way around the track, say 150, before we slow to bunch up. There's a wild variety of speeds on the formation lap, and it all sends ripples through the gaps in the field.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2016, 07:11:57 PM »
I can't see how it's unworkable, we just need to check 1 lap placings against qually order. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2016, 07:35:24 PM »
...It might help to try and maintain a constant speed all the way around the track, say 150...

That speed would need to be at least equal to the slowest speed in the final corner or even the slowest corner of the track.
A maximum of 150, slowing appropriately for corners.
The no passing rule is common in real life, so it's clearly workable.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2016, 10:53:37 PM »
...It might help to try and maintain a constant speed all the way around the track, say 150...

That speed would need to be at least equal to the slowest speed in the final corner or even the slowest corner of the track.
A maximum of 150, slowing appropriately for corners.
The no passing rule is common in real life, so it's clearly workable.

The front of the pack was pretty slow and I dont think we would have been much over 150 for very long if at all on the formation lap. The thing is with lots of people dodging and weaving you want to not be too close to others that may end up hitting you. I didnt really bother doing much weaving but see some getting right into it. This isnt a huge problem but it can cause big gaos in the pack which come to the last turn and put straight can cause issues as people rush to catch back up.

In terms of positions gained before the line there werent that many if you look at the lap 1 gains. The actual timing line was just out of parabolica and I think only a couple people gained a spot at this point.

If there is no passing before the line then it may as well be the race doesnt start until you have crossed the line. We really shouldnt make it sonthe guys ahead are vulnerable to people behind backing off for a run up which is why leader should still call go.

Not passing til the line is manageable but its not really helping those at the back to either stay in touch with those ahead or get a clean start if there is lits of stop gontype stuff happening.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2016, 11:05:37 PM »
Sorry guys, I did not want to start such a big discussion. I think the procedure is mostly fine and we dealt with it decently well. I just wanted to ask to say "Go" loudly, as GB said something like "Ok, we can go" or at least that's how it sounded to me, and I remained confused for like 2 seconds.

As for passing before the line: I think we can just enforce it very loosely as we did till now. But I hear that at the back of the field it was a bit more problematic because they were still on the last corner. Perhaps we can say that if you are before the last corner at the "GO" moment, then you can pass at any time after that corner, and that's it.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2016, 11:21:14 PM »
Nothing wrong with discussions, I didnt look too closely at the back of pack pretty much just saw the video as I recorded it. Overall it didnt look too bad with 27 drivers starting a race at Monza I thought it was ok without really watching anyone in particular.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal