Xtreme Gaming Network

S14R7: Spa Race Chat

Author Topic: S14R7: Spa Race Chat  (Read 28378 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S14R7: Spa Race Chat
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2016, 11:16:50 AM »
To me its much like driving a street car with semi slicks at this grip rather then a race car with slicks. If your expecting it to have plenty of grip then you will have issues but drive to the grip levels its not much different to any other car with less grip.

On a real track you have no control over weather or track conditions so you simply have to deal with what you have. There is no point complaining as everyone is in the same position and those accepting the challenge will likely do better then those putting themselves on the back foot complaining about things they have no control over.  ;)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2016, 11:42:24 AM »
i am not complaining, I don't mind, its a challenge,  i just don't think it feels realistic or very nice to drive, which is proved by the lack of people practicing this week,
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2016, 11:51:44 AM »
I was away all week so didnt practice before last night, I also checked the Tuesday vs Thursday prac server lap count. General public woud also likely be scared off by the lower grip.

223 valid laps Tuesday server with nearly 3 minute laps if you include invalid laps its 459 laps in this weeks combo.

Thursday practice server 28 valid laps 46 includong invalid.  With laptimes 1 minute shorter. ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2016, 11:59:24 AM »
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/porsche-pack-1-comments.38046/page-5#post-774483

Thats not simulating a damp or very green track, just a normal track condition. Spa is very often low grip as its gets very cold and can stay damp all day in such conditions.

There are no wet physics and so we also dont have wet tyres. A wet track is mosty just more slippery then a dry track but also the water on track cools tyres more so softer compounds are used for wets. They also need some groves to clear water so less surface area to the track which means even an inter tyre has lower grip then a slick.

Main reason people would go on a slick asap even if its too cold as long as there isnt standing water they need to clear as it will be faster then a wet tyre on a damp track. Also a soft wet tyre would overheat quickly on a drying track so if we had rain and proper wet tyres and physics it wouldnt be much different to what this is other then visually and possibly a more dynamic track with drying line and puddles.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2016, 12:22:29 PM »
I really appreciate Wallys effort and I know what he is trying to achieve,  sorry If i seemed negative,  All i mean it is hard to achieve a wet simulated track in AC   

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2016, 06:16:39 PM »
Sorry guys out tonight
Have fun

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2016, 06:20:45 PM »
Driving on a wet track really means three things in real life:
1. the wet racing line is different to the dry racing line because of the way the track is rubbered,
2. Reduced visibility
3. Reduced traction

Can't do anything about 1 or 2, but we can reduce grip as per 3. Even if AC simulated rain, all that's pretty much missing from the look & feel of racing in the wet is raindrops on the windscreen.

Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2016, 06:31:33 PM »
Sudden case of gastro and feel like I'd rather die. I'm out.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2016, 07:07:14 PM »

that sounds nasty

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2016, 07:08:05 PM »
Oh, that's crap ;)

Jokes aside: get better, mate.

Offline stevenngo

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2016, 08:26:34 PM »
Been trying to fix my G27 for the last 30 minutes, for some reason its calibration is off centre, reinstalling drivers don't even seem to work, can't race tonight  :(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2016, 08:33:26 PM »
Been trying to fix my G27 for the last 30 minutes, for some reason its calibration is off centre, reinstalling drivers don't even seem to work, can't race tonight  :(
Bad luck Steven :(
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2016, 08:44:40 PM »
Sorry guys i have just came back from work,very busy up here in QLD plus we r in the middle of an incredible drought and i am a bit concerned about it,,but anyhow hopefully see you next week...ciao!!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2016, 08:56:37 AM »
Sorry for no notice of my absence Wally. :(
Picked up a migraine yesterday arvo, only just woke up.

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal