Xtreme Gaming Network

S37R2 - Road America

Author Topic: S37R2 - Road America  (Read 7342 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S37R2 - Road America
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2021, 07:49:46 AM »
Good on ya, Brad! I heard you on Discord, and my hopes went up wondering if you'd had an off, but you looked OK up ahead. Then I saw your lap time in the 28's, and my hopes of catching you were crushed.

I wasn't feeling great about the race early in prac, because I could barely corner without coming off. But like Brad said, in the race I drove at 8 tenths, a bit of extra caution, and did well.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2021, 10:58:20 AM »
Had a look at the results...great racing, Brad. You certainly proved the '65 Mustang is driveable.
I'm done for this season. Just don't enjoy driving these cars.
Wally, re this incident during qualy, the way I see it, I left you the racing line and didn't interfere in any way when you're going for the apex...you had all the chances doing a good lap. Being on a crap line I logically must have been rather slow there coming out of this turn. However, you went very wide and slow, so I then was suddenly right next to you going a bit faster up the hill. I doubt I screwed up this lap of yours...at least I thought at this point in time it couldn't have been a particularly good one.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 11:00:55 AM by killagorilla »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2021, 02:05:35 PM »
Had a look at the results...great racing, Brad. You certainly proved the '65 Mustang is driveable.
I'm done for this season. Just don't enjoy driving these cars.
Wally, re this incident during qualy, the way I see it, I left you the racing line and didn't interfere in any way when you're going for the apex...you had all the chances doing a good lap. Being on a crap line I logically must have been rather slow there coming out of this turn. However, you went very wide and slow, so I then was suddenly right next to you going a bit faster up the hill. I doubt I screwed up this lap of yours...at least I thought at this point in time it couldn't have been a particularly good one.
C'mon, don't you like a challenge? I thought I couldn't even keep the car on track, and ended up coming second.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2021, 03:28:50 PM »
I made some setup changes to prevent what will from now on be called the "Killa Flick" an alternative to the Scandinavian flick   ;D   Made me slow but at least could stay on the round unlike my fellow late braking companions.

It looked spectacular in the mirror Killargorilla!

Congrad Brad. Thought I was doing well by lapping in the mid 31's during that second race. 28's weren't even possible in my mind!

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2021, 11:44:03 AM »
I made some setup changes to prevent what will from now on be called the "Killa Flick" an alternative to the Scandinavian flick   ;D   Made me slow but at least could stay on the round unlike my fellow late braking companions.

It looked spectacular in the mirror Killargorilla!

Haha...yeah, it's practice...done the same thing at the same spot a few laps earlier following Wally.
Weird things going on there. I thought I've got braking from high speeds somewhat under control, but this spot really messed me up. I think it's a combination of lack of driving skills, modded track and modded car...is what it is...don't wanna whinge too much ;)
Doing some work on my rig...rumble motors on throttle and brake pedal for slip and lock up and 4 transducers run on extension mode...really looking forward to getting this finally up and running. Believe it or not, had those brand new amps and the bass shakers lying around for 5 years or so...just too lazy welding up some brackets.
Have fun the rest of the season.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2021, 01:50:03 PM »
The brake fade was challenging.
If you had a 'traditional' brake bias, as the fronts overheated and faded, it would become rearward biased during the braking phase.
But it was a nice, historically accurate, touch to the mod. 8)

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal