Xtreme Gaming Network

S37R6 - Daytona

Author Topic: S37R6 - Daytona  (Read 4281 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S37R6 - Daytona
« on: May 11, 2021, 10:44:04 PM »
Bradc chalks up his third successive round win, with a clean sweep of pole position and three race wins.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS

SEASON STATS

Round Points
bradc   60
AGK   42
Wally   38
buellersdayoff   37
AbleArcher83   33
killagorilla   32
ab156   31
Phil.8   28
Mael   22
Bacchulum   18
Freezer   13

Penalties
None.

Season Standings
1. bradc, 280
2. Wally, 207
3. killagorilla, 196

Three sprints of 10 laps at Daytona (road course).

It's going to be hot again - around 30 degrees.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 10:55:50 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S37R6 - Daytona
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 09:59:30 PM »
Is the practice server up?
I can’t seem to find it atm….

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 07:39:51 AM »
It's up now again, maybe someone else restarted it.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 10:26:57 AM »
It's up now again, maybe someone else restarted it.

thanks Wally, I will try again after work tonight, at least I now know it wasn't me trying to access with the wrong track installed  :-[
cheers,

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 11:15:02 AM »
By the way, I've added an automated task to the server which runs at midnight each night and starts the AC server if it's not running.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 05:47:45 PM »
Server's up.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2021, 10:56:20 PM »
Results are up. Congratulations Brad on another round win.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2021, 11:19:10 PM »
This is my race 3 crash. I came into the chicane too hot behind Brad, and didn't want to rear-end him, so I veered left, and spun on the grass into the tyre barrier. Sitting there waiting for a safe re-entry, I see a red and white Firebird coming straight towards me...

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2021, 07:33:20 AM »
With an open fast track like this the cars were separated into their power/weight ratio classes, even at qualifying. I couldn't get the bulky cuda going any faster here although some tweaks to the set-up for each session would sway my speed up and down a bit. For the last race I lifted the rev limiter to 103 (kinda felt like Ford v Ferrari movie lol) which caused quite a bit of engine damage over the race particularly down/up shifts but let me get up over 260kmh down the straights. Good fun racing otherwise, thanks guys.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2021, 02:28:39 PM »
That’s one epic crash Wally, I think the odds of that happening would have been less than winning lotto!

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2021, 07:30:18 PM »
I think that was the best night of online racing I’ve had in my life!
To get pole was a shock but then to win each race and set the fastest lap in each one of them was something I’ve never before achieved and doubt I will ever again.....none of the races were easy and I found I was driving on the edge every single lap. I had so many battles over the night and it was a tonne of fun. The highlight for me was in race two when I came onto the back straight in third behind Wally and then was able to get a tow from him out of the chicane and then just as I was making the pass Killa moved right and gave me another tow which capitulated me off into the lead and a 2.00.6s lap, but due to the corner cut at the chicane when I was tailgating Wally it didn’t count! Never the less it was truely a highlight night for me..

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2021, 11:09:45 PM »
This is my race 3 crash. I came into the chicane too hot behind Brad, and didn't want to rear-end him, so I veered left, and spun on the grass into the tyre barrier. Sitting there waiting for a safe re-entry, I see a red and white Firebird coming straight towards me...

Wow...amazing driving skills...he made it look like an accident  ;)
Some fun racing. Apologies to (I think) AKG for running into you...lost the car when braking into this chicane.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal