Xtreme Gaming Network

S6R3: Imola Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S6R3: Imola Post-Race Chat  (Read 8974 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« on: April 07, 2015, 10:25:29 PM »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: S6R3: Imola Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 10:44:17 PM »
Good fun guys.  Loved the reverse grid.  Would be good even to try it over a pit stop race.

Was race 3 at Imola a miracle in that there were no incidents into T1 at the start?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 10:53:20 PM »
Race Results and Charts
Season Standings

Round Points
Guybrush Threepwood    68
Marty    67
Wally    66
Matthew111    58
StanDaam    56
Jeremy    54
Ysu    49
Wobblyone    46
Bafs17    41
Rob    41
Rolz    40
UnFknBLievable    38
RJM    35
Perch    34
Shameless    33
Vipergod    33
Gratulin    31
Krahl    31
Freezer    28
Grubbet    21
Whitemoo    14
Simone    7

Congratulations to Guybrush Threepwood on the round win, and Marty, Guybrush and Perch on the race wins.

Season Podium
1. Jeremy, 143
2. Matthew111, 124
3. Wally, 120
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 11:12:36 PM »
Races 1 and 2 was just following Marty's Ferrari around. Who would buy a yellow Ferrari? Pffft.

Actually, in race 1 Marty and Jeremy put on a good show in front of me, with a patient chase by Marty, then some side by side racing and eventually a pass. It was good to watch.

Race 3 was immense though. I was in second, chasing Perch's Alfa. The only place I would get close enough to attempt a pass was at the end of the straight, using the legs of the Ferrari, but I just wouldn't have room to make the pass, and nearly drilled him one lap but I chucked the car off the left at T1 to miss him. Then in the last couple of laps I had Guybrush and Marty bearing down on me, so not only was I trying for one more crack at Perch, but also not making any mistakes letting Guybrush past. Over the line, I was 0.66 behind Perch and 0.36 in front of Guybrush. Top stuff!

Various people were complaining about warping. That's just how AC is, unfortunately. The server has a measured 500 mbps upload/download. I only saw one warp the whole night, myself. AC seems to be very sensitive to your own local connection, more in terms of quality, not just sheer ping.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 11:40:38 PM »
Was fun good to finish 3 races this time.

Race 1 got lucky a few of the quicker guys went off infront of me then I just tried to chase down the leading Alfa. Each lap I got a little closer into t1 but knew I needed to get it done before the last lap. Finally got close enough into the last turn to make a move and hang on for the win over the last couple laps.

Race 2 I had a good run at the start but nowhere to go so just coasted in to t1. Had a few good battles mostly with perch who I somehow made the pass on into 1 braking a little deep. Couldnt quite get close enough to jeremy in the Alfa during the race and one minor error ended my chase with a couple laps to go. In the end Wally was getting closer so I just tried to manage the gap to the end.

Race 3 was fun, starting ahead of guybrush I knew I couldnt make any errors. Tried picking my way through traffic without exposing myself to him too much. Couple laps to go I messed up the last chicane outbraking myself so gave the spot to GB on a silly error.

Ended finishing pretty close woth the first 4 and had there been 1 more lap the 3 ferraris all may have made it past Perch in his Alfa as we were all fairly close at the line.

I didnt see any warping around me and was some good clise racing. Amazed start of race 3 was incident free into 1 as we were all very close into there. Only contact I had all night is when gb gave me a little hurry up into the hairpin.

Rolz

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 07:47:23 AM »
Race 1 - Shocker, Shocker, Shocker... probably my worst form ever in league racing so far and poor Bird copped it not once, but three times. I am really sorry Bird, first race you should have done so much better if I didn't continually take you out.  :'(  :-\ :(

Race 2 - A little better, qualified ok and just was consistent, great battle with Rob

Race 3 - Had been playing with tire pressures and rear camber after seeing Matthew111's setup and decided to push my settings closer to his. (Dropped tire pressure and increased rear camber) Paid off, got a PB (though RSR wasn't working again %#$@) Had some respectable pace and was overall happy by the end of the evening.

Sorry once again Bird poor form on my behalf and happy to cop a penalty if you want to put it to the review board.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 09:09:49 AM »
Really struggled last night with braking the Alfa. I think Bird was correct when saying I didn't know if I was locking fronts or rears. Set bias to 80 as suggested by Jeremy and that improved things a bit. Jeremy, your setup must be doing something else to improve the braking? Would you mind posting your setup? Thanks.

Got into a spot of bother with RJM. Not sure what was going on but RJM seemed to overtake me on the outside and then pull in front to block me coming back on the inside. With my Alfa braking issues I was never going to avoid a car suddenly swerving in front of me and hitting the brakes.

I finished the night by "running" into the back of Jeremy. He warped back into me. Was pretty funny to see his car body go up over the top of me while his wheels hit me!!

Rage quit to finish the night with a flourish!!!

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 09:23:29 AM »
Race 1 - Shocker, Shocker, Shocker... probably my worst form ever in league racing so far and poor Bird copped it not once, but three times. I am really sorry Bird, first race you should have done so much better if I didn't continually take you out.  :'(  :-\ :(
It definitely made it harder to achieve...well... anything :)

But no sweat.  The first one wasn't even your fault; it was a chain reaction.
This season many of us definitely not racing to win - I'd not have chosen the F40 if I was hunting points. 

In fact, I don't think we can treat this season as a full regular season, as the cars are not well balanced, so winning is simply up to a choice of car. 

The races 2 & 3 were good fun.   I can't match Guy's skill in the F40 - ~1s/minute off the pace, as usual.  Bloody aliens :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 09:56:05 AM »
Here is a video from race 3, some fun racing with team achilles heel staying in formation until I stuffed the chicane and donated my position. Guy clearly had the pace on me all nite for some reason I was slower then in practice, but had I not made the error he would have found it tough to get past the yellow ferrari so silly me.

[youtube]cRygrgioaGQ[/youtube]

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 10:37:01 AM »
Race 1 was a dismal failure for me.  For some reason I was in fairy land and missed the brake point into T1 and overshot into the gravel.  Got back on track down the field and then Vipergod and Shameless came together in front of me which I had to stop for.  Came up to Stan, overtook, and then had another brain fade and spun going into Aqua Minerali.  Putted around for 6th after that, but was never going to get higher than 5th after the early off.

Race 2 was a little more straight forward.  Managed to hold onto the lead, although had a small moment at the tight chicane on the second last lap which cost me a couple of seconds.

Race 3 was great fun.  Started behind Marty in the yellow peril and cruised along behind him for the race until he made a mistake into the tight chicane.  I was never going to be able to pass unless a mistake was made.  Passing others was fun though - almost got onto the grass when passing Bird which got a little hairy but all was well.  After I managed to get past Marty I got up to the back of Wally in the 458 towards the end of the last lap but wasn't able to do anything from there.  Another couple of laps might have made things interesting but I suspect it would have been just as dfficult to pass Wally as it was Marty,

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 10:45:50 AM »
Fun night of racing for me, no podiums but enjoyed  ;D
Race 1 was a bit quiet, a little bit of dicing with GB making his way back to the front but that was about it.
Race 2 was quite good, ended up behind Baf in his Ferrari, had a good race trying to get by but couldn't manage it.
Race 3 was pretty good too, lots of cars around, got passed by Marty and GB as they worked their way up front, then watched them dice it out in front of me.
I like the Merc, but the starts are killer...  :D

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 10:56:16 AM »
I think race 1 can be summised by the fact that I with one of the slowest lap times managed to grab 7 spots and finish 2 spots behind Guybrush who was 6 seconds a lap quicker!!
Have to say I stuggled in the Merc at this track.  Couldn't really manage the braking well, but had some good dices with Krahl & Grubbets Xbows.  Unfortunately in R2 Shameless moved across on me as we approached the second chicane and a small bump saw me spin, clipping him on the way out and then a number of other cars piling into the mess.  R3, well that was a none event!
Time for a car change I think...

Offline mooface

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 12:30:54 PM »
Was great fun guys, despite being at the back of the pack as always.

Managed to break 2:05 which is an achievement for me in this slow BMW E30 GRP.A. Best time of the night was around 2:04 so mega happy.

I think it was race 1 where i managed to hit the only other BMW in the field? haha what are the chances.

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 07:30:00 PM »
Strange night for me
Had a couple of incidents i cannot explain
The one with shameless, i swear i saw a black car split us, I was wayout wide
The other major one was at T1 one (not sure who it was. you were very vocal) Need to see replay. but there was lots going on
Was trying to pass a car there while watching what Rob was doing as he just went off and was re-entering, I just didnt see you
Dunno,,, if my fault sorry BUT oh well    WARPING and LAGGY for me big time all 3races

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal