Xtreme Gaming Network

S7 Nurburgring GP Race Chat

Author Topic: S7 Nurburgring GP Race Chat  (Read 15976 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S7 Nurburgring GP Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2015, 06:24:13 PM »
Cant get in those XGN servers,can someone help?

I had the 110% grip Nurburgring up - now it's back to the normal Nurburgring.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2015, 06:26:43 PM »
 -XGN- Wally ks_mclaren_p1 01:57.041
Steve Crosslandks_mclaren_p101:57.061
Rolzks_mclaren_p101:57.069
Hmmm... close race maybe????
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2015, 06:49:22 PM »
thx marty
...but bloody hell  i am struggling BIG TIME at Nurburgring,cant get under  2:04 i can see wally and rob in the 1:56??   WTF??????   8) 8) 8) :o :o :o
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:51:20 PM by Simone »

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2015, 07:58:35 PM »
thx marty
...but bloody hell  i am struggling BIG TIME at Nurburgring,cant get under  2:04 i can see wally and rob in the 1:56??   WTF??????   8) 8) 8) :o :o :o

But..ok..if i practice not in the server i am slower?..why is this ? 
I think wally,,,you are hacking my car in nights races >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2015, 08:02:34 PM »
I just jumped on the server and with tyre blankets off everyone will be much slower and tyres will be shot before you get to t1 even if you start as slowly as possible. There will be no rear tyre grip even a basic pit exit before hitting limiter my rears got to 20 grain level so Wally really should enable tyre blankets on, if you jump on my server you will notice a big difference in grip yet both servers have the same 100% grip level enabled.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2015, 08:25:35 PM »
Is funny how much quicker the xgn server is compare to the practice track in the game

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 09:25:37 PM »
Seeing I was 1.5 seconds faster on my server because there was no graining issue, your offline may be different temps or weather. Overcast and cloudy along with time of day will change track temp. This will effect your tyre temps and lap times, all mp servers are still fixed at 26c ambient and 36c track. In SP even with optimum grip and ambient at 26 track temp can vary from under 20c to 37c.

If you dont run tyre blankets in SP then graining will be the same as on the xgn server, after some testing I found you can mostly avoid it with a conservative first lap and no wheel spin off the line. I could keep graining to around 3 at the rear this way and once tyres get above 60c they dont seem to grain any more.

A normal race start on cold tyres will get rears over 20 and if you go hard into the first few corners it will ruin the tyres even more. Then no matter what later on the tyres will just stay worse all stint.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 11:17:09 PM »
I didn't have tyre blankets enabled at Silverstone. I can't say I really noticed any graining.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2015, 07:44:39 AM »
Also, I think the sliding is felt more at the front end? I notice that even the F1 drivers are always searching for frontend grip. You can hear them waiting for the frontend to bite before getting on the throttle coming out of corners.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2015, 08:09:41 AM »
I didn't have tyre blankets enabled at Silverstone. I can't say I really noticed any graining.

But you noticed a lack of grip and found it much better raising grip level by %10 which will make up for graining and then some more. Have tyre blankets on and its like another car so I suggest try it first.

I didnt have the dev apps on when I first ran on the server and had no idea why my car had so much less grip. I assumed graining and after going back and turning on the app it was clear this was the issue seeing the levels it got to.

I went back to my own server with blankets on or even a sp hotlap and grip levels were as expected. Lap times went back to what I did before and I didnt have to drive out of the pits like a granny. Car wasnt sliding around like it did on the first race start.

If people are using tc then it wont be as big an issue but still I could see starting from the back and taking a slow first lap. After lap 1 I clearly had more grip then the others who went harder and would have grained their tyres more.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2015, 08:19:14 AM »
I had TC on. Tyre blankets are arcade for anything but F1 ;)

I don't have a problem with the grip of the P1. Let me be clear on that. Its a generalisation, about all the cars, that they don't feel as grippy as real life, even on warm tyres.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2015, 11:06:13 AM »
I had TC on. Tyre blankets are arcade for anything but F1 ;)

But if there is a game bug that makes starts on cold tyres degrade tyres way too much its a good option. I wouldnt use them had I not found out about this issue a long time ago. It effects every car just some less then others, seeing we dont have a chance for a warmup lap it just helps avoid the grainjng.

For a qualy lap tyre blankets have no effect as tyres will be at normal running temp by the end of the outlap anyway. I think adding grip above 100% is proper arcade stuff and if you used tyre warmers all the time avoiding the graining issue you wouldnt have the loss of grip and need to up the grip levels in any car.

If kunos fix this issue then trye blankets wont be needed but still with no warmup lap its more realistic to start with blankets then without.

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2015, 11:29:11 AM »
My GPU has taken a massive dump on itself. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be repairable, so I will be out. Possibly for a week or two. 

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2015, 11:55:18 AM »
My GPU has taken a massive dump on itself. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be repairable, so I will be out. Possibly for a week or two.

Bad luck Chris. I hope you get it sorted soon.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal