Xtreme Gaming Network

S46R2 - Homestead Miami Speedway

Author Topic: S46R2 - Homestead Miami Speedway  (Read 4843 times)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S46R2 - Homestead Miami Speedway
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2023, 10:11:33 PM »
Hi , had a power outage that is why I disappeared all of a sudden.

:-[

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2023, 10:31:47 PM »
Results are up - congratulations to Brad on the round win, taking the championship lead, and to Mael who reached a milestone of 600 Tuesday league races in race 1!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2023, 10:21:35 AM »
I can’t believe how much of an influence the wind direction and speed made to these cars. The greatest differences I noticed was in race 1 I could hit the limiter just before turn 1 but the infield right handers were tricky, then in race 2 the wind made gave so much grip in these same right handers and in the last race I could only get 2/3 into the rev range before turn 1! There wasn’t a lot of difference in the ultimate last times but how you made the lap times changed during the night which made the driving rather difficult and extremely challenging. Despite what the results say, I found this night rather difficult and was driving on a knifes edge every lap to extract my speed. In the final race I had a little spin in the infield section and Joe was able to capatolise from my mistake and I ran out of laps to try and catch him.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2023, 11:32:45 AM »
I really struggled with spins in the slow, 1st gear corners. I find breaking in this car hard at the best of times, but the downshifting to 1st really killed me, kicking the rear out. And of course the more I spun, the sadder the rear tyres got.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2023, 07:16:27 PM »
I really struggled with spins in the slow, 1st gear corners. I find breaking in this car hard at the best of times, but the downshifting to 1st really killed me, kicking the rear out. And of course the more I spun, the sadder the rear tyres got.

I experienced the 1st gear spinning thingy in testing and found that braking longer before downshifting at a much lower rpm with a decent throttle blip fixed this. That rear tyre issue did my head in during my disastrous round 1 where I did a lot of spinning and found that the tyres took a decent calm lap or two before they could be leant on again. These certainly are challenging beasts to drive.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2023, 09:57:52 PM »
Sorry just saw the question on sparks and ride height. Mine was stock ride height.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2023, 08:08:31 AM »
Sorry just saw the question on sparks and ride height. Mine was stock ride height.

Don’t stress mate, seanus gave some technical justification which basically said that it wasn’t relevant  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal