Xtreme Gaming Network

S7R7: Mugello Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S7R7: Mugello Post-Race Chat  (Read 17584 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S7R7: Mugello Post-Race Chat
« on: July 07, 2015, 09:52:46 PM »
Race Results and Charts
Season Standings

Round Points
Matthew111    72
StanDaam    67
Marty    65
Freezer    64
Jeremy    63
Phil.8    58
Wally    55
Bafs17    48
Joe    45
Grubbet    45
christopheraser    38
JamieP    38
Imperious    35
Rob    32
Bacchulum    13
Ysu    10
Gratulin    9

Congratulations to Matthew111 on a clean sweep: the round win, pole, and 2 race wins.

Season Podium
1. Matthew111, 423
2. StanDaam, 408
3. Phil.8, 331

With one triple-points round to go, can StanDaam steal the crown from Matthew?

Team Points
Struggle Street Racing Crew are just in front of Achilles Heels, 722 pts to 703.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 06:21:36 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: S7R7: Mugello Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 10:14:29 PM »
Race 1 ok,   race 2  for got how to drive fast   :o :o 8)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 10:42:31 PM »
Race 1 spun off on the chicane forgetting the track grip wouldn't be as good as qually, rejoined the straight but then had a couple of cars bearing down on me fast into the last turn so kept left but got hit from behind by Bacchulum I think? He was nice enough to redress, but it was partly my fault as I think I braked a bit early. Was behind bafs for a while after that and got past him when he went wide, then in last couple of laps I caught up with Chris. I couldn't quite get past him but finished right on his tail.

Race 2 was awesome fun! Managed to miss the crash at turn 3 then spent the the first 5 laps in a Ferrari sandwich with Grubbet infront and bafs behind, then Rob and Wally behind that. I was all over the back of Grubbet, then would get on his inside through the final turn, but then he'd pull away on the straight.  This happened for a few laps, but then, (at least from my replay) bafs warped into the back of me which pushed me off track. I was damaged but didn't loose position, he unfortunately did loose a couple. Wally got past me and Rob a couple of laps later when I screwed the exit to last turn then Rob went deep into turn 1 and went off. I stayed behind Wally and Grubbet for a lap or two, Grubbet pitted and Wally pulled away a bit. I then pitted and myself and Wally came out pretty much together. He got just infront or Grubbet and Bafs and I slotted in behind. Next lap Rob came out of the pits just infront of me behind Bafs and Grubbet. He got past Grubbet, then on lap 16 Grubbet spun and I also got past.

Definitely the most fun race I've had with lots going on. Often I'm sat on my own...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 10:48:49 PM by Joe »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 10:45:55 PM »
Race 1 - sorry Jeremy for locking up at the end of the straight and T-boning you. I was hoping I'd miss you, but couldn't. After that, I couldn't close the gap to Phil.

Race 2 - got a punt in the first few corners, but fought back until I got to the end of a Grubbett, Bafs, Joe and Rob train. That was fun for a while, until Joe warped into Bafs, taking him out. Then I was chasing Rob until finally I was close enough after the last corner to get the slipstream past both him and Joe. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see that Rob was closing on the inside way to fast, so I went wide into T1, held back just a fraction of a second, and let the Rob bullet fly past into the sand. From there I chased Grubbet until he pitted. After my pitstop on lap 10, it was a lonely race, with no one else in sight, and big gaps to packs of cars in front and behind.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 10:55:53 PM »
Joe warped into Bafs, taking him out.

Damn was the warp def me? My ping has been solid recently and very low. Much lower than Stan's and no goats harmed.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 10:57:10 PM »

Damn was the warp def me? My ping has been solid recently and very low. Much lower than Stan's and no goats harmed.
I'm pretty sure. In my replay it looked like you jumped backwards. It's pretty much impossible to see yourself warping. If you ever see every other car jump at the same time, that's you warping.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 10:58:04 PM »
Fun racing tonight guys.

Race 1 I made a meal of my qualy lap again, traffic second last lap so I slowed then had a crack and nearly drove off the road at t1 so fought back hard just to get a half reasonable time in. Start got so much wheelspin and from 2nd went backwards into 4th by exit of t1, then struggled badly early in the lafa was chasing Bird who was struggling about as much in the P1. He had an off then I had a bit of a gap to try make up to Stan and Matthew, I just had a full crack at it got back some time but ran out of laps.

Race 2, shame a few didnt start so I had a clean bit of track ahead of me off the line. The boys filled this pretty quick and it was 3 or 4 wide into t1 I ended up around 4th again after this turn but at least this time I gained spots rather then losing them. Was some fun racing with Jeremy and I unfortunately gave him a little tap on the rear that sent him loose then tap him in the front to straighten him up again.  ;D I dont think he lost any spots but I slowed a bit and Matthew and Stan got by. Then it was just some good close racing from then on, I had trouble passing anyone and after nearly going off the last turn I decided to pit in on lap 8 instead of 9 as I planned. I hoped I may get 1 or 2 laps in on fresh tyres to make up some ground on the guys ahead.

Next time by Phil pulled out of the pits just ahead but I snuck it by into 1 then next lap Jeremy was much in the same spot and I dived for the inside and made a spot. Car felt ok but then a few laps later tyres started to go off. I couldnt get much of a gain on Stan ahead and then saw Jeremy find some pace and start to get closer again in the rear. I just tried to run some quick clean laps to not give Jeremy much of a look and hope to get closer to Stan. Stayed in this place all race, well done to Matthew for the double win and he made some nice passes. He had the pace all nite and I couldnt quite match him but had some real fun racing with those around me.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 10:59:20 PM »

I'm pretty sure. In my replay it looked like you jumped backwards. It's pretty much impossible to see yourself warping. If you ever see every other car jump at the same time, that's you warping.

Yeah I've seen that in the past but didn't see anyone warp today, just had the impact from behind all of a sudden. In my replay bafs warped jumping forwards, but I guess even if it was me, my replay would show it was him?

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 11:28:59 PM »
Great nights racing for me.
Qualified 9th which was ok and would put me in a good spot for R2.
R1 Close but clean in the early stages and I think I grabbed one spot and then came up on Christopher and Wally.  I chased hard for many laps and it wasn't until near the end that Christopher caught a kerb ( I nearly went with him in sympathy) and I was through. Wally was now to far ahead and that's how it finished.
R2 Started at the front thanks to a missing pole sitter.  Phil used his Ferrari power to out drag me to T1 however toward the end of the lap he ran wide and I was through.  At this point I had a 2 sec lead which I held to the first stop.  Came out still in front but now with Matthew closing.
After a couple of laps damn Ferrari power came into play again and I was helpless down the straight.  Standam challenged but I was able to withstand him and bring it home in 2nd, a great result.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 08:25:38 AM »

Yeah I've seen that in the past but didn't see anyone warp today, just had the impact from behind all of a sudden. In my replay bafs warped jumping forwards, but I guess even if it was me, my replay would show it was him?
It's hard to see your own warping in a replay. You'd see all the cars jump though, if you warped.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 08:34:12 AM »
Race 1.
Race was going great and all according to plan until Lap1 T1 when I was taken out with too much damage to carry on.

Race 2.
Well done Wally on spotting my brain fade. I was trying to follow you under Grubbert and BAFs. We were off the racing line and I thought you were braking a bit early when I realized that I had completely missed my brake marker. I made the mistake of heading for the grass to avoid the inevitable, but of course as soon as I hit the green stuff I was a passenger. Well done mate.

Thanks to Grubbert and BAFs for making a really great race, was heaps of fun.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 08:51:24 AM »
Sorry gents, for the early exit, I got mugello'd. 
Pretty much every time this track does the same; 40 laps in praccy and qually w/o issues on the curbs, then during the 9 laps of race there's guaranteed to be a huge jump on one of them.
I just could not get myself to continue with the damaged car from the back.
Maybe I need a break.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 09:16:14 AM »
Qualified really well. Was looking forward to hounding Wally for a few laps. Then...

Had huge game freeze in lap 2. Just ran straight into a wall. Car badly damaged. Drive back to pits. Repairs were going to take about 9 laps to complete. Went and watched TV.

AC 1.2 better be good....

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2015, 10:11:26 AM »
Sorry gents, for the early exit, I got mugello'd. 
Pretty much every time this track does the same; 40 laps in praccy and qually w/o issues on the curbs, then during the 9 laps of race there's guaranteed to be a huge jump on one of them.
I just could not get myself to continue with the damaged car from the back.
Maybe I need a break.

There are allegedly kerb fixes in 1.2.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2015, 10:14:02 AM »
Race 1.
Race was going great and all according to plan until Lap1 T1 when I was taken out with too much damage to carry on.

Sorry, I had no race 1 replay because of a game lockup.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal