Xtreme Gaming Network

Ringmaster 3 - Formula Abarth

Author Topic: Ringmaster 3 - Formula Abarth  (Read 48501 times)

Offline AJ

• View Profile
Re: Ringmaster 3 - Formula Abarth
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2015, 11:01:37 PM »
Had to bail out, having problems with my wheel. When certain power switches in my house are turned on or off my wheel turns off and back on. The Mrs turned on the washing machine downstairs and off my wheel went. Couldn't be bothered coming back in after that. This has only started happening in the last few weeks. Suspecting a bad earth somewhere or something like that.

I had something like that happening once. It turns out that there was an appliance with the plug half out of the socket (plug in a cupboard, so not immediately obvious).

Might go around tomorrow and check them all out, cheers Wally.

Rolz

« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2015, 08:21:11 AM »
Tough but fun night...  Improved my PB even more... might have to see what I get on optimum track settings
(Obviously no where near as close as Marty or GB)

sure was interesting to start near the back on the 2nd race... Wally ur a tough person to pass...  :P
I think in the end it was more when you went wide did I finally get past...

This track only really leaves it for the brave to pass on corners or you wait until the straights to pass.

Still love this track  ;D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2015, 10:09:36 AM »
Sorry chaps for the no-show, I caught a summer flu of all things, felt really crap.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2015, 10:20:47 AM »
Tough but fun night...  Improved my PB even more... might have to see what I get on optimum track settings
(Obviously no where near as close as Marty or GB)

sure was interesting to start near the back on the 2nd race... Wally ur a tough person to pass...  :P
I think in the end it was more when you went wide did I finally get past...

This track only really leaves it for the brave to pass on corners or you wait until the straights to pass.

Still love this track  ;D

I think it's more what you said... the track is just really hard to pass on.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2015, 01:26:13 PM »
Sorry, did all right in prac/qual, felt very comfortable, took medication, returned, flag dropped, pulled over to let others go and have a fun clear run at my pace...

just lost enough timing/co-ordination to equal disasters!... grrr
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2015, 01:31:22 PM »
Sorry, did all right in prac/qual, felt very comfortable, took medication, returned, flag dropped, pulled over to let others go and have a fun clear run at my pace...

What happened to the power nap?
It was in the mix, a nice afternoon nanna nap hahaha!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 07:46:36 PM by Bruce »

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2015, 02:13:09 PM »
It was good last night.  I'm very surprised I only crashed once!

Race 1 I got a good start and had my gearing and camber sorted for it so was able to shoot ahead of Marty into T1.  From then Marty hung on behind and the gap didn't move outside of around 6 tenths to a bit over a second for 2 and a half laps, which was fun and good pressure.  Then on the last lap the tyres went off a bit and Marty gave me a bit of breathing space by having an off.  It was very fun though having the car squirming around underneath me, hanging on for dear life.

Race 2 was not as exciting.  I was fortunate enough to start third on the grid, and then once again got a good start out of my setup which shot me up to 1st into T1.  I managed to build a 15 second gap and thought I'd try some different lines through a few corners... fatal last words.  I got hooked up on the inside of the second carousel which spun me into the fence.  I had front end damage which made the car somewhat slower.  From then on it was just preventing myself from doing anything stupid and bringing it home in front of a late charging Marty.

All in all it was fun, although not the best suited cars for that track.  I think had Marty got in front of me he probably would have had the legs on me so I was fortunate in that regard.

Looking forward to the SCG next week and hopefully a return to something that can ride the bumps a little better. :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2015, 05:23:01 PM »
I had a good chance to possible beat the Guybrush this week but it showed its class, too consistant race 1 after he got a good start I just tried to hang on. I was possibly able to get him down the dottinger hohe last lap but I ran out of talent before that and ended up rearranging my suspension pretty nicely. I limped it home with a badly bent front wheel losing a few spots at the end.

Race 2 I started last and had some fun and close moments getting through the field on lap 1, I did need to be fairly aggressive on the moves but somehow avoided any contact with anyone else. By the time I passed Bacchulum and got into 2nd GB was already 16 seconds ahead with just under 2 laps to go. I tried hard to make up the gap and noticed he was a little damaged but still I wasn't going to make it only gaining a few seconds a lap. In the end on the worn tyres I just pushed on 100% hoping he may make an error and I may make up the time.

Unfortunatly it was me again that ran out of talent half way through lap 3 and somehow I just managed to drag the damaged car home. Bacchulum did get past me at the small Karusel but even with lots of front and rear aero damage I managed to draft back down the dottinger hohe even though I needed a few attempts. the draft let me catch up but once I pulled out of it I was much slower. So I decided to back up a little and try to save the move til the left sweeper where I may have been able to hang on. This somehow worked and so I ended up saving second which was realistically all I was ever going to get from last on the grid anyway and losing so much time early to GB.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2015, 07:47:43 PM »

What happened to the power nap?

Quote button, that's the one i want... hehe edited your post by mistake Andrew  :-[
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2015, 08:05:28 PM »
Haha, Marty said "Hoe" again.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2015, 09:27:46 PM »
Haha, Marty said "Hoe" again.

Youd be popular on Santas lap for sure.  ;D