Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R1: Silverstone Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R1: Silverstone Race Chat  (Read 46724 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S10R1: Silverstone Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 07:55:17 AM »
I said it before, but I'll repeat it.

You are not allowed to add fuel
(although I can't enforce it).

I will be able to check that people have pitted though, and yes, if you don't it will be a DQ.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2016, 09:12:42 AM »
I used to drink a beer before/during the race...but you guys are on what sort of meds? :D

Apparently the meds give them something in between soft and hard.
Are you saying they take the med to bridge the gap between soft and hard?  Blue pill?  ;)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2016, 09:14:38 AM »
Fellow BMW Z4 drivers, if you have a setup, I would be delighted to use it :)
I have a lot of seconds to find, and still having trouble getting it to turn in and still exit with out a very loose rear end!
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2016, 01:16:40 PM »
Wally: it seems like I can only do 14.5 laps on the practice servers... I do not know if I am doing something wrong, but this is what I get. With refueling not allowed, I could not finish the race.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2016, 01:29:53 PM »
Wally: it seems like I can only do 14.5 laps on the practice servers... I do not know if I am doing something wrong, but this is what I get. With refueling not allowed, I could not finish the race.

Did you try a full 15 lap run and see your fuel burn or is that just the estimate given in pits which still is often wrong.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2016, 02:09:51 PM »
It is the estimate after a two long stints. Yellow light turned on after 12 laps or so...

Rolz

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2016, 02:15:06 PM »
Anyone know... does ptracker use same estimate as AC?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2016, 03:22:34 PM »
Anyone know... does ptracker use same estimate as AC?

I dont know I assume it does its own calculations so this would likely make it better as it would be hard to be worse. ;D

Its a good thing to calculate fuel burn and save a setup with race distance fuel, I also ran a few races and so am fairly certain of fuel my burn but grip level and setup will still have an effect.

You will need to take into account track conditions as you burn more fuel on a grippier track being on throttle more. Also if you get damage it will burn more fuel due to a bit more drag so be aware of that.

For me in the 650s fuel burn is very close to 6l per lap but I also use dashmeter pro for my fuel calculations. This has been very accurate but for any software estimated you need to run at least 2 laps to get a reasonable figure. It will need about 90l but I always run a bit more just to be safe at least 1 lap more. This has a fairly big tank of 125l so it can do this distance fairly easily.

Where the ingame pit calculation seems to fail is if you dont do 2 laps then escape back to pits. It never really resets the calculation at times and so it will be no good.

Not sure how big the tank is in the scg003 but best to do a proper 15 lap run at least once to ensure this.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2016, 02:14:56 PM »
I have done the test: I am short by a bit less than half a lap. If we do a 14 laps race I should make it...

Phil is on the same car, maybe he can confirm?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2016, 02:40:53 PM »
I have done the test: I am short by a bit less than half a lap. If we do a 14 laps race I should make it...

Phil is on the same car, maybe he can confirm?

Hmmm, I didn't check the SCG 003C for fuel. All the other cars can do between 20 and 27 laps at Imola over 30 mins (which is a 17 lap race, on the schedule). Maybe the SCG burns a lot more fuel. If the SCG doesn't have the same fuel capacity as the "normal" GT3 cars, we may have to:
a) drop the SCG, or
b) allow refuelling in the stop.

I'll check as well.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2016, 03:41:28 PM »
Yes, I can verify this. The SCG chews the fuel, much, much faster than the other GT3 cars. To compensate for this -

the FUEL RATE WILL BE 1.5x for all 30 min races.

This means the SCG can now do 18 laps at Silvertone. The tyre rate remains 2x.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2016, 12:18:14 PM »
Nice that Wally has made the new plp show him who is adding fuel as this way we can enforce this no fuel requirement.

Regarding the stop in the 30 minute races I take it there is no pit window? Not that one is really needed as you will want to stop if changing tyres in a way to maximize your performance.

Can PLP also show who changes tyres in the stop this would be interesting to see after the race, I will actually try a couple race runs this afternoon with and without a tyre change to see the difference in time. Seeing tyre stop may be 5 or 6 seconds this may be more then the fresh tyres will gain you. But fresh tyres at the end vs some old rubber could make for an interesting battle at the end of the race. Especially in a car like the mcalren where it doesnt want to be behind anyone at any point as passing in it is quite a challenge.  ;D

The few cars I tried some youd kind of need to change tyres but some dont lose quite as much and could get away with either a late stop for tyres or just a stop and go which may end up quicker as long as you dont get held up by others.

The forced stop amd no fueling does add a fun element to the race strategy being able to easily change on the fly and stop when it works best for your current race position.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2016, 12:36:04 PM »
Regarding the stop in the 30 minute races I take it there is no pit window? Not that one is really needed as you will want to stop if changing tyres in a way to maximize your performance.

No, there's no pit window. Tyres will determine when you're best of stopping anyway. Any stop would have to be around about the middle of the race for the sake of tyres.

Can PLP also show who changes tyres in the stop...
Not sure. Maybe.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2016, 12:44:15 PM »
The practice server is still at 1xtires and 1xfuel I assume?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2016, 02:36:33 PM »
The practice server is still at 1xtires and 1xfuel I assume?
From memory, its 1.5x fuel, 2x tyres as per round 1.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal