Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 2: Imola Race Chat

Author Topic: Round 2: Imola Race Chat  (Read 72943 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Round 2: Imola Race Chat
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2014, 03:57:11 PM »
Wow.  Those cuts are not accidental.
It's amazing for me that someone would want to race in a league and would do this. 
I'm at a loss of words right now.   The immaturity of this behaviour is astounding.
Don't jump the gun. I'll talk to him.

+1 Wally. It maybe his first league run ever and may not know what is and isn't except able.

First league race is one thing but surely everyone knows that is blatant cheating, especially the way AC is atm we need to self enforce many settings and rules on ourselves. If someone is to do this when they think nobody is looking its not a good sign for them in general first race or not IMHO.

I know thats not acceptable even in a random public server let alone a league race and pretty sure everyone else knows this too.

G0RGAK

« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2014, 03:57:20 PM »
Hey guys in relation to the cuts, I had been taken out in the race, and was simply trying to catch up to the person in front of me to make it a more exciting race for myself, it did not result in me gaining a higher finishing position. I'm sorry if this has annoyed people and I won't be doing it in the future.
I had a great time racing with you guys, and while I assume the lag resulted in me being taken out by other players, I understand that its just apart of the game at the moment. I've already started to tune my setup for Mugello and would love to continue in the race series.

Cheers, Gorgak 

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 06, 2014, 04:05:12 PM »
Hey guys in relation to the cuts, I had been taken out in the race, and was simply trying to catch up to the person in front of me to make it a more exciting race for myself, it did not result in me gaining a higher finishing position. I'm sorry if this has annoyed people and I won't be doing it in the future.
I had a great time racing with you guys, and while I assume the lag resulted in me being taken out by other players, I understand that its just apart of the game at the moment. I've already started to tune my setup for Mugello and would love to continue in the race series.

Cheers, Gorgak

But you still snagged a Fastest lap championship point, and its always going to be frowned upon no matter which league you jump in with. As long as you have learned from it I guess....
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 04:08:26 PM by Mopz »

G0RGAK

« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2014, 04:18:25 PM »
oh, sorry i didn't know i got an extra point for that, please give the point to the person who got the fastest lap without cuts.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2014, 04:38:23 PM »
oh, sorry i didn't know i got an extra point for that, please give the point to the person who got the fastest lap without cuts.

No worries G0rgak - it's just a matter of setting expectations that the cutting is not tolerated. Next time you'll know :)
Getting taken out (by accident) is always part of close sim racing. It will happen to everyone at some point in time. But what is not tolerated is revenge, or cutting to gain lost time. You're expected to drive within the rules at all time, just like in real life.

I'll adjust the points accordingly.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2014, 04:47:19 PM »
I dont think a point is really an issue its just playing fair in general, if someone can do that its quite likely they will try any other trick possible to gain an advantage. People really shouldnt need supervision to ensure they play fair as you should be able to know whats right and wrong and not do the wrong thing playing as youd hope everyone else will.

You gain others respect by driving clean and fair, speed isnt that big a deal. I had driven some races where I started a lap down and just lapped with no real chance of catching anyone. Never once did it cross my mind to cheat just to make it more fun for myself. Even if I get bumped off the road I will not do anything to have a negative effect on anyone elses experiance just get back into it and battle my way back.

I have yet to see anyone else do this in the league and do boot people off my server if I see that and also will add them to the ban list if they do it again after being warned.

I hope you learn from this and play fair in the future, its fun to have as large a field as possible but your not goining to gain much respect from others with that sort of driving in a league or even public server.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2014, 05:04:08 PM »
G0rgak's been educated in the expectations of this league, and that's enough. It's a friendly place to race for all. No need for the big stick unless there's a repeat offence.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2014, 05:18:14 PM »
To be fair, if Gorgak was going to cut to gain an advantage he would have done so during qualifying or more often during the race.  The first thing I thought was that he would have been trying to catch up to the pack for some company, which tunes out was the case.

He obviously now knows that the league isn't quite that casual, so I'm sure he will be fine in the following races and we can all move on :) its a learning experience for everyone.

Hope to see you at the next race Gorgak.

G0RGAK

« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2014, 05:21:30 PM »
I dont think a point is really an issue its just playing fair in general, if someone can do that its quite likely they will try any other trick possible to gain an advantage. People really shouldnt need supervision to ensure they play fair as you should be able to know whats right and wrong and not do the wrong thing playing as youd hope everyone else will.

You gain others respect by driving clean and fair, speed isnt that big a deal. I had driven some races where I started a lap down and just lapped with no real chance of catching anyone. Never once did it cross my mind to cheat just to make it more fun for myself. Even if I get bumped off the road I will not do anything to have a negative effect on anyone elses experiance just get back into it and battle my way back.

I have yet to see anyone else do this in the league and do boot people off my server if I see that and also will add them to the ban list if they do it again after being warned.

I hope you learn from this and play fair in the future, its fun to have as large a field as possible but your not goining to gain much respect from others with that sort of driving in a league or even public server.

I understand your point marty, but i'm not the type of person to cheat at stuff, it was simply to make the race more fun for myself. Apart from the extra point for best lap (i didn't even know there was extra points given) I gained no advantage in the race. I have now read the rules thoroughly and won't breach them in future. 

Offline Mopz

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2014, 05:23:27 PM »
G0rgak's been educated in the expectations of this league, and that's enough. It's a friendly place to race for all. No need for the big stick unless there's a repeat offence.

Awww and I was gearing up for a public spanking!!  :'(  I would have voted Dick to initiate the punishment. Hope to see you again on track G0rgak.

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2014, 06:01:56 PM »
Luckily I avoided.......... the hard bottoming........ but I felt very uneasy all through the race antici...........pating it to happen  ???

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2014, 06:24:17 PM »

Here is my first bottom out on Aqua Minerali on lap 8, Same setup and line used all through practice qualy and race 1 without issue. I do go flat through this corner normally but the next few laps I lifted a little avoid it. Was using more throttle each lap and went for a faster final lap with delta of a high 1:44 to this point only for it to happen again.
I was following Vipergood in R2 when at the same spot he suddenly was kicked right onto the infield...!

The bottoming out collisions are screwy. You need to raise your ride height.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2014, 07:39:12 PM »
The bottoming out collisions are screwy. You need to raise your ride height.

I am not sure what the grip level was at the start of the race, but even this will have an effect on ride height. Less grip = less tyre temps and so lower pressures and ride heights. I think thats quite likely what caused my car bottoming out, those hard tyres arent easy to get up to temp and keep them there.

Back off a bit more and the ride height may drop more but it still doesnt make complete sense, seeing as lap one the tyres are coldest and car is heaviest and I had no issues on the same line until lap 8. That was also the first time I bottomed out that setup in about 100 laps and many on heavy fuel loads with hard tyres and by lap 8 the fuel load was down but I did notice my pressures were down about 1psi.

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2014, 08:07:01 PM »
What Freezer said
It was like I hit a pole in the track, I dont think ride height had anything to do with it, I was literally lifted off the ground
As for my races ....................... Can't think of anything nice to say about myself, Had some fun running with tailend charlies but just cannot get my head around these things.
I know i'm not the best on track but i usually do heaps better than what i am doing now.
Will stick with and try to get better...
Oh you fast guys.. I will race you to a certain point, if its for position, but generally i will move over to let you by.

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2014, 08:50:29 PM »
What Freezer said
It was like I hit a pole in the track, I dont think ride height had anything to do with it, I was literally lifted off the ground
As for my races ....................... Can't think of anything nice to say about myself, Had some fun running with tailend charlies but just cannot get my head around these things.
I know i'm not the best on track but i usually do heaps better than what i am doing now.
Will stick with and try to get better...
Oh you fast guys.. I will race you to a certain point, if its for position, but generally i will move over to let you by.

Its happened to me a few times Dion, it does feel like a little pole but what the boys are saying is correct, what should be happening is you bottom out but the car would normally keep going, not ideal at all as it would still mess up your corner approach or exit, at the moment because the game is still in its early stages it sends the car up in the air. Much like some collisions in netkar used to send people off into the wilderness from the smallest touch, this seems to be happening with the car hitting the ground.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal