Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 10: Australian GT3 Regulations and Sign Up

Author Topic: Season 10: Australian GT3 Regulations and Sign Up  (Read 104601 times)

Offline Sin

• Edit Master
    • View Profile
Re: Season 10: Australian GT3 Regulations and Sign Up
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2016, 04:22:59 PM »
Put me in the Mercedes AMG GT3. Happy to run it for the series.  :D

I will start my first bit of testing on this thing tonight.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2016, 05:00:25 PM »
I havent decided my car yet but I wont take the easy option of the lambo  ;) as this seems to be the quickest in general and its likely the car that will end up winning the season.

It would be funny if Kunos cripple this a bit during the season and you will see lots of people abandon ship.   ;D

Yeah the audi and lambo are about a sec quicker lol, which leads me to the question are we going to put default balast on these cars to bring them closer together?
Nope. Choose your car wisely, and drive it out of the box.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2016, 05:51:56 PM »
I havent decided my car yet but I wont take the easy option of the lambo  ;) as this seems to be the quickest in general and its likely the car that will end up winning the season.

It would be funny if Kunos cripple this a bit during the season and you will see lots of people abandon ship.   ;D

I haven't done much running in the Lambo, but I know the Audi is quicker at Vallelunga.  Lambo is also more difficult to control... Allegedly.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2016, 07:04:25 PM »
I thought the Lambo was a bit tricky to drive, small power band range, not much torque, unforgiving. Had some excellent races with GB last night, the Audi advantage over the Lambo made it quite competitive (I know what you're thinking, how much did I have to slow down to make GB feel like he was catchin me, yep yep yep...  :-X).

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2016, 07:55:09 PM »
I think most if not all of the cars have potential. They all have their various strengths and weakness', and it will be interesting to see how they all go at different tracks.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2016, 08:20:39 PM »
Agreed!!!
 :P :P :P

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 17, 2016, 10:22:20 AM »
Managed to try out of a few of the cars on Friday night. Think I'll take the Audi please Wally.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2016, 10:35:05 AM »
Managed to try out of a few of the cars on Friday night. Think I'll take the Audi please Wally.
OK.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2016, 03:10:52 PM »

Yeah the audi and lambo are about a sec quicker lol, which leads me to the question are we going to put default balast on these cars to bring them closer together?

There really isnt much incentive to select some of the cars. I tried to give the 650s gt3 a fair crack, it can get reasonable lap times but is so out matched in traffic by everything else the only reason youd choose it is if you wanted to be passed easily and not be able to pass anything thats not a mclaren.  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2016, 03:42:47 PM »
What we could try, as a bit of an equaliser, is to say that at the mid-season car swap, the top half of the standings have to swap to one of the Mclarens or the Mercs. The bottom half can stay in the car they have, or swap if they want to. But we'll see how the first 4 rounds shape up.

In the Vallelunga stats, Marty has the second fastest time in a McLaren 650S. So it depends a lot too on who drives what.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 03:49:33 PM by Wally »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2016, 04:03:11 PM »
Here is the server lap times for Vallelunga on medium tyres only.

http://52.62.71.102:50041/lapstat?track=vallelunga-vallelunga_osrw&cars=ks_audi_r8_lms,bmw_z4_gt3,ks_lamborghini_huracan_gt3,ks_mclaren_650_gt3,mclaren_mp412c_gt3,mercedes_sls_gt3,ks_mercedes_amg_gt3,ks_nissan_gtr_gt3,ks_glickenhaus_scg003&valid=1,2&date_from=&date_to=&tyres=%28M%29

Here is a comparison with the 650s gt3 for me and the fastest laps in the Huracan with GB.

Here is Stan in the Audi vs me in the 650s

You can see the main difference here is out of the final turn, also interesting comparing the Huracan and Audi, not sure if GB needs to brake more in the Huracan into t1 or his best lap on medium tyres he just stuffed that corner up.

Here is GB and Paul Wallace both in Huracans so it seems the Lambo has clearly more acceleration but needs to slow more for this turn.

Seems the only reason the Audi is quicker here is because t1 it can carry more speed then the Lambo but the lambo has some real grunt out of t1 and why GB could easily pass me out of the last turn well before needing to turn in for t1. It then needs to slow more and so is giving a little time to the audi here, the rest of the track there isnt much in it but seems maybe audi is quicker through the trickier corners. Mclaren doesnt lose time the rest of the lap but it doesnt quite make up what it loses out od t1 and this was running 1 0 aero so min drag at the rear.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2016, 04:21:11 PM »
Nice glory board!!!
So that's what the 'plus' button does!!
:P :-X :P

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2016, 04:43:41 PM »
I haven't driven the Audi extensively, but from what I have, it seems to corner better than the Harycan.  I think it's a classic case of each car having different strengths.  At Vallelunga the Audi is quicker, but at other tracks like Monza I'd imagine the Huracan to be quicker.

Also, it's difficult to guage the parity of lap times when there is variable grip.  The difference between 97% and 100% can be a couple of seconds.

Offline fozzy

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2016, 04:44:16 PM »
Do you guys race with ABS/TC?

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2016, 04:54:19 PM »
Do you guys race with ABS/TC?

First thing I normally do is turn TC off, but I usually leave ABS as is.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal