Xtreme Gaming Network

S37R7 - Watkins Glen

Author Topic: S37R7 - Watkins Glen  (Read 4203 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S37R7 - Watkins Glen
« on: May 18, 2021, 10:59:01 PM »
Bradc continues his unstoppable march to the championship, with another clean sweep of pole position and three race wins.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS

SEASON STATS

Round Points
bradc   60
killagorilla   49
AbleArcher83   42
Wally   39
Freezer   37
ab156   34
Mael   29
Phil.8   26
Dave O   22
AGK   20
Rob   14

Penalties
None.

Season Standings
1. bradc, 340
2. Wally, 246
3. killagorilla, 245

Round 7 is 3 sprints of 10 laps at Watkins Glen. Temperature is in the low 20's.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 10:44:59 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S37R7 - Watkins Glen
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 06:11:49 PM »
Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2021, 06:54:52 PM »
Getting a checksum.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2021, 07:44:36 PM »
Getting a checksum.
Fixed - the server had a n older track.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2021, 10:45:24 PM »
Results are up. Congratulations Brad on another dominant performance.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2021, 10:59:09 PM »
Thanks Wally, those results certainly don’t show how hard the racing was tonight. These cars are bloody hard to keep on the track going fast lap after lap after lap and I’m not sandbagging once I get into the lead.....I was trying as hard as I could ever single lap because if I were to slow, then I can’t slide and if I can’t slide, then I can’t get the old pony around the corner. Fighting to the front from 4th in race 2 and race 3 were a lot of fun. I had a great battle with killa in the 2nd race where we went side by side for almost two laps and I don’t think we touched once! It’s amazing how much of a difference a tow makes and I was able to good runs out of the turn 2-3 esses and make a pass under brakes at the end of the straight.

Whilst I’m sure everyone is looking forward to a new season and new cars, obviously I’m not lol.... I’ve had a ball and it will be sad to see the ole pony go after next weeks races at Sebring.....what will be interesting is seeing how we can get these old cars to change direction around those twisty bits mid lap and that last corner is going to be very interesting..... 8)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2021, 11:11:28 PM »
 Wow what a difference a car makes!!  Whilst these are not my style of car generally I haven't been able to find any pace this season.
I did a race or two in the Javelin before changing to the Camaro but found them to be hard to turn in and just wanting to turn around the
minute you hit the throttle . . hence every race has been start down the back them drop back further during the race.
Then came the Mustang.  I only drove it for the first time 45 minutes before the race and spent that time tweaking the setup.
Qualified 5th.  I wide in race one cost me some spots and got home 7th, Race two a 5th and Race 3 a 3rd having started from 8th :) :)
Far more balanced and controllable and a lot more enjoyable night!   Good fun...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2021, 07:57:30 AM »
Good racing - I always enjoy the Glen. I'm not surprised that in the third race, I was Hunter, Hunted and Busiest in the results. I actually managed to hold the lead for a lap or two before being slowly picked off to end up 4th (where I finished in each race).

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2021, 08:31:26 AM »
Sorry for quitting during the last race. I've had a few migraines this week and on top of that I forgot to load my setup and ended up with a car that didn't want to turn and hit the rev-limiter half way down the straight.

I thought a good nights sleep sounded like more fun.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal