Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 37 - Dowsetts Tipo 184 - SEASON BREAK

Author Topic: Season 37 - Dowsetts Tipo 184 - SEASON BREAK  (Read 21181 times)

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Season 37 - Dowsetts Tipo 184 - CURRENT
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2023, 12:08:36 PM »
Next track please Seanus? :)
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2023, 12:19:41 PM »
I thought as we had to abort the Falkenberg round we might revisit it.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2023, 01:07:33 PM »
 8) thanks.

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2023, 09:36:47 AM »
Bump, see OP.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2023, 12:00:05 PM »
Love this track Seanus ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline rpo83

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2023, 09:22:41 PM »
Hi Guys,

I finally got my new wheel and am ready to dip my toe into sim racing again, can i join you on Thursday?

I haven't raced for about 14 years, so i might need some tips in regards to how everything works these days... I might need some assistance with discord and other new things since i last raced..

I have just downloaded the car and track and had a quick drive, what a great combo... I was cutting 1:05 and high 1:04 laps, can you guys le me know if i'm in the ball park to race?

Is there a list of things i need to check before racing?

Looking forward to seeing you on Thursday.
Cheers

Steve

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2023, 07:53:53 AM »
Not far off..see u on Thursday

Pos    Driver    Car    Best lap    Gap to 1st    S1    S2    S3    Laps    Date    vMax
1.    Bacchulum    Tipo 184    01:02.296    +00.000    00:21.116    00:12.790    00:28.390    8    2023-03-25 13:08    175 km/h
2.    Rooshooter    Tipo 184    01:02.438    +00.142    00:20.984    00:12.650    00:28.804    17    2023-03-26 17:33    174 km/h
3.    Seanus    Tipo 184    01:04.325    +02.029    00:21.341    00:13.546    00:29.438    6    2023-03-25 09:24    175 km/h

Offline Scott_Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2023, 08:39:56 AM »
Hi Guys,

I finally got my new wheel and am ready to dip my toe into sim racing again, can i join you on Thursday?

I haven't raced for about 14 years, so i might need some tips in regards to how everything works these days... I might need some assistance with discord and other new things since i last raced..

I have just downloaded the car and track and had a quick drive, what a great combo... I was cutting 1:05 and high 1:04 laps, can you guys le me know if i'm in the ball park to race?

Is there a list of things i need to check before racing?

Looking forward to seeing you on Thursday.

Awesome!  Don't worry so much about your times yet, just join in along for the fun and concentrate on not coming off the track!

Make sure you have the pit lane penalty app running, and a car radar like helicorsa is always a good idea to check where others are on the track.  Discord is pretty straight forward, connect a mic/headset, join the discord group (link in the post below), setup a push to talk button on your wheel, and hit the speaker icon to join the chat.

Have a read through this post which explains most the stuff I just mentioned.
https://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=307.0

See you Thursday.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2023, 12:17:53 PM »
Thanks Scotty :) :) :)

Offline rpo83

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2023, 06:40:34 PM »
Thanks Guys,

Do i need to provide my steam ID for Thursday fun league or is that only for Tuesday's league? I have the pit lane app installed, but in the link provided there was a cut track app, does this also need to be installed?

I haven't driven Assetto Corsa before, i have a quick question about setup, driving this car i can't get any heat into the tyres of the Dowsetts, is this just how it is?
Cheers

Steve

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2023, 07:11:41 PM »
You'll not need Pit Lane Penalty PLP app for Thursday nor do we need your Steam ID. Later if you need a specific skin we can use that.

IMHO 'Car Radar' pisses all over Helicorsa like a jellyfish sting fetish.***

Tyres are as is, not affecting grip a lot in this car, and in general AC prioritizes pressure over temperature.

Grab 'Race Essentials' and/or 'SideKick', these will display all the realtime telemetry you will need in car.

We don't really have rules on Thursday but I guess our preference is to:

Hold your line, even under Blue flags. You can always 'be' out of the way if slow but no need to 'get' out of the way.

Try not to block, you will under the red mist but so will we all.

Don't redress an accident, even if your fault, we know you didn't do it on purpose, so if possible call out an apology during or after, but we all realize none of us are perfect and it is just better to continue racing than assigning blame.

In short do as you would be done, keeping the spirit of having great competition via Fun rather than the real world's cluster fuck of ad-hoc and sanctimonious rules.

*** I have Car Radar plum in the centre of my screen, it only shows up when cars are nearby, it's transparent, and it's the only place you can look with enough reaction time to use it for what it is designed for. If I had me druthers I'd have it move with my steering angle so it always appeared where I am looking.

Did I forget anything?

And welcome to Thursday's Flattop Fun Races.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 08:34:40 AM by Seanus »

Offline rpo83

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2023, 07:32:35 PM »
Thanks Seanus,

I was heavily involved her back in 2007 to about 2011 racing with Bruce, it is great to see he is still fondly remembered, the group of us all mainly enjoyed the old bangers, so mainly cars from the mid 60's to mid 80's. I should be good when it comes to racing, it's just all the software differences. I downloaded car radar earlier today, i'll check out Race essentials, thanks for the recommendation.

It's a brand new rig i have, so the first time racing Assetto Corsa, first time driving a force feedback wheelbase, my new wheel has something like 36 buttons, so i can map at least half of them to chat... :)

Do people practice on the race server or just single player, back in the day a few of us would jump on before the race and test setups, then distribute them if others needed help, is that still a thing.
Cheers

Steve

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2023, 08:33:13 AM »
I knew I was missing something.

You'll need pTracker, this is a client app to sTracker that runs on the server. Practice Times.
And of course, 'Content Manager' from which you'll be able to install 'Custom Shaders Patch'. Free version's fine but it only costs a dollar anyway.

Offline Scott_Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2023, 08:45:54 AM »
You'll not need Pit Lane Penalty PLP app for Thursday nor do we need your Steam ID. Later if you need a specific skin we can use that.

IMHO 'Car Radar' pisses all over Helicorsa like a jellyfish sting fetish.***

Tyres are as is, not affecting grip a lot in this car, and in general AC prioritizes pressure over temperature.

Grab 'Race Essentials' and/or 'SideKick', these will display all the realtime telemetry you will need in car.

We don't really have rules on Thursday but I guess our preference is to:

Hold your line, even under Blue flags. You can always 'be' out of the way if slow but no need to 'get' out of the way.

Try not to block, you will under the red mist but so will we all.

Don't redress an accident, even if your fault, we know you didn't do it on purpose, so if possible call out an apology during or after, but we all realize none of us are perfect and it is just better to continue racing than assigning blame.

In short do as you would be done, keeping the spirit of having great competition via Fun rather than the real world's cluster fuck of ad-hoc and sanctimonious rules.

*** I have Car Radar plum in the centre of my screen, it only shows up when cars are nearby, it's transparent, and it's the only place you can look with enough reaction time to use it for what it is designed for. If I had me druthers I'd have it move with my steering angle so it always appeared where I am looking.

Did I forget anything?

And welcome to Thursday's Flattop Fun Races.

Good summary Seanus,  it might be worth copying that and creating a sticky for a Thursday night readme???

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2023, 06:17:22 PM »
Hi , what time do you put the server and when is race time ?

Nvm, found the info ,  7.30 for 8.30 race time.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 06:24:53 PM by Jarmel »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal