Xtreme Gaming Network

S12R1: Mugello Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S12R1: Mugello Post-Race Chat  (Read 16568 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S12R1: Mugello Post-Race Chat
« on: June 07, 2016, 10:11:39 PM »
RACE RESULTS

I have added a new feature to the race results, Rivals. Your rival is the person who has finished a race one position in front of you the most times in the season. So far, we have one rivalry forming, with Phil's rival being Grat.

Penalties
In race 1, Grat moved across left to right after T1 and rubbed Jeremy. Then coming into T2, Jeremy moved right to left towards the apex and hit the side of grat and spun him off-track. Because it was still only T2 and you're supposed to stick to your side of the track to avoid exactly this kind of accident, Jeremy gets 80kg penalty ballast in race 1 only of next round.

Round Points

NameQualRace 1Race 2Bonus
Marty
Jeremy
Matthew111
Rolz
Bafs17
Freezer
hylas
Grat
Phil.8
Bird
Rob
AJ
Wally
Bacchulum
Simone
StanDaam
Mael
Vipergod
Chap111
Doobs

Congratulations to Marty and Jeremy on the race wins, and Marty on the overall round win.

Season Podium
1. Marty, 88
2. Jeremy, 84
3. Matthew111, 83
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 10:55:08 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S12R1: Mugello Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 10:25:50 PM »
Good fun in these race 1 I got a reasonable start and got away with some issues trying to find my microphone but luckily had enough of a gap and clear track to control my pace.

Race 2 my car was horrible lol, I changed pressures a bit  before the start dropping rears and lf. Also seems I forgot to fully press my brake after joining server and I didnt quite calibrate the pedal this meant I was locking up everywhere. I think I went off about 3 times early and all self inflicted luckily each time I went off I was able to rejoin relatively safely and not get in anyone's way. I lost lots of positions and really couldnt figure out the car issue so started adjusting bias and that only made it worse.

I then thought I havent really gone much brake pedal yet but was locking on every entry pretty much so I slammed it into 1 corner and then I got regular pedal back and was able to have some control on entry. Still pressures were down but likely due to lower grip and going much slower then normal and once I got back some control pressures came back to where they should be. All this time I was stuck in some battles mostly with Grat but also a bit with Freezer and Phil having made quite a few passes earlier but I kept going off and needing to do it again. Stupid but fun :) but even once back and comfortable I still had the issue of passing Freezer and Grat while running longer first stint hoping to gain on Jeremy and Matthew out front.

I managed to get Grat just before our pits but he came in with big balls flat out and managed to pass me in pitlane lol. Then I exited after him and again needed to get past which I did when he had a big moment. So then miles behind Jeremy and Matt I figured Id just go full qualy effort ( actually much harder then I went in qualy) and with a couple mid 47's was gaining about 1 sec per lap but still 6 seconds back from 2nd and 1 lap left it was never going to be.

I think reverse grid race 2 would actually be more fun then regular positions and I had no issues running close to some and making a few passes. Still should be a fun season and from what I saw around me in the races everyone seemed to do well except for some messines in the mirror t1 race 1.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 10:36:59 PM »
Yeah "fun"  ;D  I spend most of lap one trying to get a car which could not turn left back to pits for repairs. Really need to improve my race-craft! 

Well done to everybody who made it to the finish unscathed. The pace was a bit quicker than expected.  8)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 10:57:04 PM »
Results up in first post.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 11:32:33 PM »
In race 1, Simone didn't move off the line in front of me, so I only took off slowly. I think it was Grat behind me who tried to avoid us both by going onto the grass, but ended up slipping into the wall.
Later, Grat surprised me after I exited from pits, with a sudden burst of speed he was inside me at turn 2, and I wasn’t aware and turned into the side of him. I think the sudden surge of speed surprised me, as I was well in front after turn 1. That was probably my fault, as Grat had the speed to make the pass, but I came off worse, going out into the sand. Thanks for the redress, although in hindsight it wasn't neccesary.

In the opening lap of race 2, I wasn’t expecting Bird to come spearing back across the track after he hit the wall after turn 2. I thought I’d be able to pass him while he was off-track, but I ended up hitting him, damaging my front wing and dropping quite a few spots waiting to rejoin safely. But I pressed on OK.

In race 1, I pitted half way, putting on new softs. I was doing 1:51's.
In race 2, I ran hards and started with a full tank, so I only needed to do a very quick splash 'n dash on lap 14 in the Ferrari, without changing tyres. The hards stayed on 100% the whole race, so easily went the distance, but with the fuel load and the hard tyres, my lap times started at 1:56 and went down to 1:52 as I got lighter. So timewise, it wasn't a good play, as I was dropping a few seconds each lap. When I did my quick pit stop, I was in P9, but dropped 3 spots. So I wouldn't call that a successful strategy :)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 12:02:28 AM »
Sorry guys. The car just bit me. I don't think I'll continue this season. Without praccy these cars are too dangerous. I've little time anyway, and I don't want to mess up your fun, guys.  I thought I had a handle on it but I was probably too tired.  Sorry.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 12:13:50 AM »
Sorry guys. The car just bit me. I don't think I'll continue this season. Without praccy these cars are too dangerous. I've little time anyway, and I don't want to mess up your fun, guys.  I thought I had a handle on it but I was probably too tired.  Sorry.

If you saw my race 2 then youd see even with practice it can be hard or at least I made it look like that driving like a proper muppet early. It will be a challenge for everyone and seems the grip started lower in race 2 and caught a few more out.

Rolz

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 07:27:34 AM »
Gobsmacked at how I pulled that shit out of my arse there... I must have been good to some deity last night.  :o

Marty - thanks for your setup.

Q1 - Was disappointed with my qual time, couldn't get a clean lap together...
R1 - Had a good start and probably gained 6 spots... Overall I just tried to stay on the track... dunno if it was colder track or low starting grip, but I wasn't comfortable... still just tried to stay consistent.
R2 - Same again, stay consistent, get a good start and stay out of trouble.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 08:03:25 AM »
Lol Rolz.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2016, 08:45:06 AM »
First race with AC in weeks and i have to say i had a ball!! Not much practice but after all i am  not getting much of it these days.The default setup was not very good but enough to make me  going and enjoy the races.I have no idea whats going on with the starting lights,kind of confusing especially the second start ::)  sorry 8)
No idea about strategy as well but hey,,,it was fun and good to catch up with you guys and over all i did not do it that bad. My right wrist was sore,the mid finger completely in pain,my neck paralyzed for a minute but my heart was beating and thats important  hahahaahahahaa

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*   hopefully see you next week

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2016, 09:25:56 AM »
Simone it says you have the older version of PLP in results. Some guys noticed an issue where the lights didnt always work. Wally fixed this with the latest version so thats probably your problem.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2016, 09:48:07 AM »
Grat is my Rival :),  Glad you put that in this season wally, adds a bit extra excitement
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2016, 10:08:19 AM »
Grat is my Rival :),  Glad you put that in this season wally, adds a bit extra excitement
Yeah, I can have season rivals and "all time" rivals.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2016, 10:42:12 AM »
sweet
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2016, 10:53:49 AM »
Would rivals not be those that finish within 1 position of eachother. Or is it just for those narrowly dominate  another more like a nemesis.  ;D

I thought a rivalry would be those that may finish ahead or behind but be the nearest competitors most often. Matthew and I were 1 place apart in both races and Jeremy and Matthew were also 1 place apart both races they did stay close on track both races unlike Matthew and me who had a fairly large gap both ways in each race even if there was only 1 position by the end of the races with 1 win each in the battle.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal