Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 1: Silverstone Race Chat

Author Topic: Round 1: Silverstone Race Chat  (Read 84270 times)

Offline DarrenM

• View Profile
Re: Round 1: Silverstone Race Chat
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2014, 12:54:54 PM »
Interesting, and it'd be also sad if you'd leave.

What I don't understand: how is it that you see less from the same viewpoint on the monitor compared to the rift?  You're on the same "eye level" aren't you?  Or is it just the fov?  And why the low resolution?  I'm a bit confused...
Don't be sad. It's only a temporary hiatus :)

I meant 640x480 single monitor mode to simulate the view in the rift. The rift panel is 1280x800 and you see less than 1/2 that per eye, so 640x480 is still higher res than the rift. The issue currently is that AA isn't working, so it's just a mass of large pixels and you can't pick out markers until you're very close to them.

There are options for me to improve it a little, but they're a huge pain in the butt to use with AC so I'd rather just take a break at the moment.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2014, 01:03:33 PM »
Copse. ::)
(there's an app that shows corner names Wally ;))

2+2=√16

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2014, 01:30:06 PM »
They just released the SDK about 10 hours ago and posted it in the AC thread, hopefully Kunos get around to implementing it soon.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 02:53:01 PM by Phil »

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2014, 01:43:05 PM »
Interesting, and it'd be also sad if you'd leave.

What I don't understand: how is it that you see less from the same viewpoint on the monitor compared to the rift?  You're on the same "eye level" aren't you?  Or is it just the fov?  And why the low resolution?  I'm a bit confused...
Don't be sad. It's only a temporary hiatus :)

I meant 640x480 single monitor mode to simulate the view in the rift. The rift panel is 1280x800 and you see less than 1/2 that per eye, so 640x480 is still higher res than the rift. The issue currently is that AA isn't working, so it's just a mass of large pixels and you can't pick out markers until you're very close to them.

There are options for me to improve it a little, but they're a huge pain in the butt to use with AC so I'd rather just take a break at the moment.

Ok, I'm hoping they figure it out for you sooner rather than later!

Copse. ::)
(there's an app that shows corner names Wally ;))

That'd be handy!  Care to post a name or link, please?

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2014, 02:48:27 PM »
Now that the server can enforce the damage setting, damage will be ON. All this means at this stage is that you can blow your engine.
Oh dear, poor Dion...:D

8)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2014, 03:05:21 PM »
It's in in-game app called "Track Descriptions" Bird.
REAL handy 'round Nordschleiffe. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2014, 03:23:07 PM »

Here's a race setup (conservative) for anyone interested.
Tyre wear is negligable, so times decrease as fuel burns, no balance change through 10 laps (with my style, anyway).
Comments appreciated. 8)
Thanks Bacchulum. Interesting that the hard tires give the same lap times as softs. Both slow for me however. How do you guys get down to 2:02s? Would one of you mind posting a ghost? I don't know where I am losing time. Each sector is down so at least I'm consistent  >:(

I found there's much time to be gained if you can take that right hander before the wiggly bit flat (don't know the names... Copse, maggot, something).
I keep hitting the curb and going into orbit if I don't lift there :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2014, 03:44:51 PM »
Team Achilles heel has been practicing hard in private with the Robins, you guys should all be worried.  :)

« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 04:05:25 PM by marty »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2014, 06:35:39 PM »
Tyre wear is negligable, so times decrease as fuel burns, no balance change through 10 laps (with my style, anyway).
Comments appreciated. 8)
Thanks Bacchulum. Interesting that the hard tires give the same lap times as softs. Both slow for me however. How do you guys get down to 2:02s? Would one of you mind posting a ghost? I don't know where I am losing time. Each sector is down so at least I'm consistent  >:(
Actually, I gain around 2sec with the softs, but they don't last here.
It's the mediums that are useless, they seem to have the worst of both worlds (hard's laptimes, soft's degredation). ???
A couple of clicks more wing at both ends, drain the tank and softs will help with qually, and Copse needs to be flat. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2014, 09:01:02 PM »
Actually, I gain around 2sec with the softs, but they don't last here.
It's the mediums that are useless, they seem to have the worst of both worlds (hard's laptimes, soft's degredation). ???
A couple of clicks more wing at both ends, drain the tank and softs will help with qually, and Copse needs to be flat. ;)
Thanks for that. Gave it a go and still not under 2:04 but understand now where i need to improve: "that right hander before the wiggly bit"

BTW Love the Track Description app. never realised it did that - and it is a built in app as well. The double left-hander at GenTrack1 is called "Middle Earth"  :D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2014, 09:14:57 PM »

If you have enough time to read track corner names while driving Nords then you should already know each name and bump already. If you need to know the corner name you crash at then turning of this app you will less likely crash and so not need to know the name.  ;D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2014, 12:15:40 PM »

Thanks - altho I don't care for nords much, otherwise it'll be handy. :)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2014, 01:06:29 PM »

If you have enough time to read track corner names while driving Nords then you should already know each name and bump already. If you need to know the corner name you crash at then turning of this app you will less likely crash and so not need to know the name.  ;D
Nords is so bloody big, you need something to read along the way. :P
(but it works in replays as well ;))

2+2=√16

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Round 1: Silverstone Race Chat
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2014, 02:29:26 PM »
Comments appreciated. 8)
One further thing that I learnt from this setup - Bacchulum has set the FFB to 86% in his setting for this car and they came over in the setup file. I hadn't expected that. I remember NKPro doing similar things with wheel lock and view.

However, it made me look again at my FFB setup and I found that I was clipping FFB badly on the high speed corners in this car. The result was that when I hit a curb with a wheel the FFB was already overloaded and I really couldn't tell what the car was doing. Perhaps it also destabilised the car? Not sure. Anyway, not any faster but now not so scared of those curbs. :D

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2014, 02:37:28 PM »
The FFB as part of the car setup is new in the last (big) update.
I don't like to battle the wheel, just get a feel for the loadings. ;)

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal