Xtreme Gaming Network

S12R6: Imola Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S12R6: Imola Post-Race Chat  (Read 11757 times)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S12R6: Imola Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2016, 04:33:52 PM »
Thats one thing in racing, the late apex very wide entry is not a good form of defence. My view if someone leaves a big enough space for me to safely take away their apex and not run wide leaving them room then they need to decide if they want to make contact or concede some space. If the guy inside takes a proper dive bomb hail Mary type move where they go inside with little to no hope of holding that inside line I dont think thats on.

Agree on that, I thought I left you enough space but on replay should have left a teeny bit more. If that was the last lap of the race I would have plonked my car solidly on the inside line forcing you to try and overtake around the outside but at that stage in the race not losing time being overtaken was more important in my battle with other drivers   :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2016, 04:55:33 PM »
So what were saying here is that everyone just lets marty pass? So thats how he does it...  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 05:08:21 PM »
In the Mael pass though I thought about it early then saw I was a bit too far back, then he kind of coasted to the outside and left enough room for a safe pass so I took it. I think he could have actually hung on there on the outside but as I saw the door close I just went further left. It wasnt fully shut so there was still no contact but I needed to go slightly off track to avoid a collision. Thats where it would be interesting regarding last week as it was quite similar to the Wally Freezer incident but there was no contact here.

Pass was made but by going off track and under the Cams rule Mael didnt need to leave racing room, so under that rule would I also get a penalty for making a pass off the track and taking away the racing line from someone else?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 07:26:03 PM »
Racers with over 100 Tuesday night races:

Wally   165
Freezer   159
Marty   144
Rob   141
Bacchulum   139
Phil.8   133
Matthew111   128
Standaam   128
Bird   114
Guybrush Threepwood   109
Vipergod   103
Grubbet   100
Do those figures include funruns Wally?
No way I'm 26 races down on you in 'season' races?

2+2=√16

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2016, 07:58:10 PM »
Congrats to marty on the season he defs had a good handle on these cars from the get go.

Didnt get the bet out of it in qualy stuffing my good lap and not having enough time to do my second lap

race 1- Got the jump into t1 but with marty getting the penalty off the line it didnt really matter so i just ran my own race trying to pull a gap on the ferraris knowing they had a pit advantage not realising it was a 20sec advantage lol I did a lot of fuel saving as before coming into the pits so i wasnt flat out and in th end came out 5 secs or so behind phil. Pushed like mad to catch passing him on the final lap not even realising it was the final lap haha.

race 2 - Got the jump on marty again going into t1 and set out to control the race in the first stint with some good pace to again gap the ferraris, was a good challenge with marty on my tail the whole time pushing pretty hard, so it was a juggling act trying to keep the pace and manage the fuel to the stop. Towards he end of the stint i hjust over a sec gap to marty so i tried to drop the revs and short shift to really save the fuel as it was getting pretty damn close lol. Came into the pits with marty right on my rear but went to conservative with the fuel putting in to much and costing me 6 secs to marty and back behind phil after he pitted so again i pushed like mad to try and close on marty and pass phil but not to be couldnt get the move done on phil, he left just enough room for a lotus on the outside run into the 2nd last turn and i wasnt able to slot the lotus properly into the gap in the rush to get past and locked up and went wide into the dirt, i wasnt able to reclose the gap to phil again before the finish so 3rd it was for me lol.

Took me a while to get a grip on the car but was good fun when i did just wish i did earlier lol but good racing all round, cheers wally for another well run season :)
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2016, 09:57:29 PM »
Racers with over 100 Tuesday night races:

Wally   165
Freezer   159
Marty   144
Rob   141
Bacchulum   139
Phil.8   133
Matthew111   128
Standaam   128
Bird   114
Guybrush Threepwood   109
Vipergod   103
Grubbet   100
Do those figures include funruns Wally?
No way I'm 26 races down on you in 'season' races?
No,  that's  just seasons.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2016, 10:11:10 PM »
I think most guys did the same in the Ferrari, filled it up, ran to lap 14 or 15, then you only needed to top it up to 60l or so to get home. Even that took a reasonable amount of time to refuel. Your Lotuses must have felt like an eternity.

My stop took nearly a minute and that was running maybe 2l more fuel then required for the full distance so that was cutting it very tight. Had I had any damage I probably would not have made it on fuel.  ;)

Here is a race 1 video, I added the pedals app but it doesnt show clutch use and so my roll forward makes no more sense in the video then it did to me.

My passes on Bacchulum and Mael were fairly late dives, but both of those I had no intention of really making a move until well into the brake zone when they gave left more then enough room to squeeze in. Bacchulum either ran wide or left too much room so I took the apex.

Mael eased off the brakes quite a lot too and so the apex was free and I took it. He did start to squeeze me though so I had to turn in tighter to avoid contact. I wonder if that would be a legal pass? I probably had 4 wheels off the track at 1 point but was forced off the road, the move was late by me but so was the squeeze.

Pass on Bacchulum was 21:30 and Mael 26:00

Most of my passes were simply not planning a move but the guy ahead missing the apex so I took it. Passing wasnt the easiest thing here but was doable just.
You carry a lot of speed through the corners, hitting the apexes beautifully. Maybe that was the Lotus, the Ferrari felt like it needed more nursing through the corners.

I thought the pass on Mael looked fair.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal