Xtreme Gaming Network

Jan 19 - Season 10 Warmup Round: GT3 cars at Vallelunga

Author Topic: Jan 19 - Season 10 Warmup Round: GT3 cars at Vallelunga  (Read 33344 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Jan 19 - Season 10 Warmup Round: GT3 cars at Vallelunga
« on: January 12, 2016, 11:08:25 PM »
This is the last round before Season 10 starts in earnest. You can choose whatever GT3 car you want to try or practice in at Vallelunga (OSRW extra pits version).

TRACK DOWNLOAD - this is an additional track layout for Vallelunga that adds extra pit boxes (up to 31) without altering the official KS track.

There will be 3 sprints of about 20 minutes each (12 laps), so people can try a few different cars.

Update: This round will be 2x tyre wear (fuel 1x), as most of season 10 will be to simulate wear over 1 hour of real-life racing.

After this round, you'll have up to the end of Saturday (23rd) to choose a car for the season. Anyone who doesn't nominate a car will have one chosen by me, to spread the mix of cars.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 09:36:23 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
Re: Jan 19 - Season 10 Warmup Round: GT3 cars at Vallelunga
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 03:11:02 AM »
This is the round I will miss. Not the first round proper.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 07:34:17 AM »
This is the round I will miss. Not the first round proper.
OK, you can keep your job then.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline fozzy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 05:48:35 PM »
will definitely try to make this so i can get some practice in for the season :)

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 06:05:30 PM »
I think I posted this before, but I will definitely miss round one at Silverstone and maybe round two. My plane lands about three hours before the start of the race at Imola, so if everything runs smoothly I will be there.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 06:56:52 PM »
I'll be away for this. OK for season proper however.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 09:32:38 PM »
Thanks for letting me know if you're away, but with no reserves list, it's not really necessary.

I updated some round details in the first post.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 07:55:19 AM »
Hi Wally, I have not entered the GT3 Comp as I am not sure how my PC will go with the large entry list and varied car selection. This will give me a chance to try it out.

If all goes well and there is space for one more I "might" be a starter for the official season ;)

rob

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 09:45:24 AM »
Hi Wally, I have not entered the GT3 Comp as I am not sure how my PC will go with the large entry list and varied car selection. This will give me a chance to try it out.

If all goes well and there is space for one more I "might" be a starter for the official season ;)

rob
It would be good if we can get a big turnout for this race, to stress test everything.

Rolz

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 09:57:17 AM »
I've been playing with my video card settings and would also like to see how low the FPS drops with a full grid...

Sure I can do it with AI, but real racers is preferable :)

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 12:57:15 PM »
If you haven't tried it already Rolz, try turning Reflection Quality down to None. I gained about 20fps just by doing that.  Easily the thing that made the biggest difference for me :)

Rolz

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 02:01:42 PM »
If you haven't tried it already Rolz, try turning Reflection Quality down to None. I gained about 20fps just by doing that.  Easily the thing that made the biggest difference for me :)

Yeah found a few articles about it and ran the benchmarking tool they now have included...

What I had before I started to play with the setting was better than what I ended up with... still my CPU usage was lower... I must admit the current setting looks really good, but the proof will be when we have almost 30ppl at the start... that's when everyone's FPS drops it's guts... so to speak... :P

AC VERSION: 1.4.3 (x64)
FPS: AVG=118 MIN=42 MAX=206 VARIANCE=7 CPU=67%

LOADING TIME: 16s
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti (5760x1080)
OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x100-0x1
CPU CORES: 8
FULLSCREEN: ON
AA:4X AF:2X SHDW:4096 BLUR:0
WORLD DETAIL: 5 SMOKE:4
PP: QLT:4 HDR:1 FXAA:0 GLR:4 DOF:4 RAYS:0 HEAT:0

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 02:09:11 PM »
I've been playing with my video card settings and would also like to see how low the FPS drops with a full grid...

Sure I can do it with AI, but real racers is preferable :)

If you test with AI your performance will be better in mp with same grid as there is no need to calculate the artificial idiots lines and collisions.

Rolz

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2016, 02:12:04 PM »
no need to calculate the artificial idiots lines and collisions.

Haha... yes, humans... :P

Marty- before ur Titan died did u ever run the benchmark?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2016, 04:11:08 PM »
no need to calculate the artificial idiots lines and collisions.

Haha... yes, humans... :P

Marty- before ur Titan died did u ever run the benchmark?

With 2 cards i was running 8000x1440 pretty much maxed at capped 62fps. On a single card need to drop res down to 1080 on triples and have turned reflection settings down a fair bit. Also needed to to turn shadows down 1 level but with this still run capped at 62fps with no frame drops. SLI still had more input lag and stutter with bigger issues with onscreen apps in AC. It did run great most of the time though and scaled well in sli nearly doubling fps at 4k or my 1440 triple screen res vs a single card.

Now getting the random crashes but pretty sure this is all win 10 as my other pc was randomly crashing since going to win 10 and this gets no gaming being a htpc in the living room now.

Switched that back to 8.1 and it has never crashed since. When I get home I will upgrade to win 8.1 again as it seems the new gfx code in win 10 fails quite badly with older nvidia gpu's. Titans are 700 series, my other pc has a 480gtx and was randomly crashing the same way when watching full screen videos on yt or pretty much any other full screen apps.

Maybe win 10 may work better with 980/970 cards and the next gen but its a big turd for any older cards and I cant say much good about that OS.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal