Xtreme Gaming Network

S11R4: Modena Race Chat

Author Topic: S11R4: Modena Race Chat  (Read 16488 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S11R4: Modena Race Chat
« on: April 26, 2016, 11:24:01 PM »
Round 4 sees us visit the short, tight track of Modena in Italy, on the "fast" layout.

3 x 18 laps.

FULL TRACK DOWNLOAD (Modena + OSRW mod)

OSRW MOD DOWNLOAD (Just the OSRW mod, if you already have Modena)

Weather Forecast

« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 06:59:24 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
Re: S11R4: Modena Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 02:16:10 PM »
Is this the track download or just the osrw mod. The game says I haven't got the track and in the folder data and skins are missing.

Cheers.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 04:10:57 PM »
Is this the track download or just the osrw mod. The game says I haven't got the track and in the folder data and skins are missing.

Cheers.

Ah, I'll check but you're probably right. This is probably just the OSRW mod, and you still need the original mod track. I will provide links tonight, if you can't find it on the AC forums.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 04:19:58 PM »
I was hoping it would be the 'fast' layout. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 04:46:44 PM »
Here is the current link v2.01B of Modena from the official forum with an RD download.

I will load this up on the practice server without the OSRW mod so more general public can also jump in to get a few more in the practice server, seeing the mod Wally added is only 500kb it shouldnt be too big an issue to get that on top of the track for the race nite.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/autodromo-di-modena.5346/

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 07:00:21 PM »
I've updated the first post with a full download from Dropbox (Track + OSRW mod), or just the OSRW mod if you already have Modena.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 08:16:01 AM »
What a great track for this car! Did a couple of laps last night,  it's a hoot, plenty sliding and drifting,  feels very realistic.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 09:22:07 AM »
Not sure if I am a huge fan of the track for this season, people complaining about not being able to pass last week will love this week.  ;D

There isnt much you can do if the guy ahead doesnt make a pretty big error, I followed Grat for 18 laps fairly close without even half a sniff of a pass. Come a big pack though from the back there will be passes made as people are battling away in different lanes.

1 on 1 passing anyone running within a couple seconds of your pace, unless scaring them into an error you will need some patience to avoid resorting to plan b.  ;D

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 09:34:07 AM »
Not sure if I am a huge fan of the track for this season, people complaining about not being able to pass last week will love this week.  ;D

There isnt much you can do if the guy ahead doesnt make a pretty big error, I followed Grat for 18 laps fairly close without even half a sniff of a pass. Come a big pack though from the back there will be passes made as people are battling away in different lanes.

1 on 1 passing anyone running within a couple seconds of your pace, unless scaring them into an error you will need some patience to avoid resorting to plan b.  ;D
You all overtook me easily, but I think you will have a fantastic race/battles on the track.   What a pity the track isn't in Melbourne! Love to have this one local.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 09:37:35 AM »
Bruce there are plenty of kart tracks just like it in Melbourne. The new Kart Sim even has laser scanned versions of at least 2 of them.  ;D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 10:51:07 AM »
Well, what's on the Central Coast ffs?

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2016, 11:11:37 AM »
Bruce there are plenty of kart tracks just like it in Melbourne. The new Kart Sim even has laser scanned versions of at least 2 of them.  ;D
shows my sheltered life!  I have run my car at Broadford bike track, but will do some searching for the cart tracks. thanks.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2016, 12:34:55 PM »
Modena is all part of the variety of tracks to test your skill on :)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2016, 05:05:34 PM »
Hi guys.

It is with great disappointment that I'm afraid I will have to pull out for the rest of the series and potentially ongoing.

A couple of reasons - somewhat because of my work commitments, but also I'll leave it as "affairs of the heart". :)

I will still keep an eye on the forums and try not to miss any opportunities to bag the crap out of Marty or marvel at Wally's genius.

All the best!

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2016, 05:09:26 PM »
Bummer, GB!  But I'm sure that phase will pass and "you'll be back for more" ;)  Enjoy!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal