Xtreme Gaming Network

S44R5 - Wuhan WSK

Author Topic: S44R5 - Wuhan WSK  (Read 4490 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S44R5 - Wuhan WSK
« on: November 08, 2022, 10:23:12 PM »
Brad wins the round with 3 race wins, with a handful of fastest lap/pole bonus points going to Scott. This sees Brad leapfrog Scott to take the championship lead from Scott by 9 points. Positions 3 to 5 are tight, with only 3 points between Bacchulum, Joe and Seanus.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS

SEASON STATS

Round Points
bradc   55
Scott_Racer   44
Seanus   40
Joe   39
Wally   34
Freezer   32
Bacchulum   30
AGK   0
Mael   0

Season Standings
1. bradc, 196
2. Scott_Racer, 187
3. Bacchulum, 163

Round 5 is at Wuhan WSK, China.

Races will be 21 laps.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 10:20:46 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
Re: S44R5 - Wuhan WSK
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 03:00:03 PM »
Server has the wrong Kart?
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022, 09:08:16 PM »
Server has the wrong Kart?
No? Did you join "Tuesday Practice Karting"?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2022, 09:38:41 AM »
Server seems to have, KZ Shifter TM K9C, folder name, acfl_gokart.

Season Kart is, KZ2 Shifter Maxter MXO, folder name, legion_shifter_kart.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2022, 11:17:03 AM »
Server seems to have, KZ Shifter TM K9C, folder name, acfl_gokart.

Season Kart is, KZ2 Shifter Maxter MXO, folder name, legion_shifter_kart.
Yep, my bad - fixed.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2022, 10:19:59 AM »
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view), these grey kerb sections in the image are marked as valid track, so you can pretty much straightline this esses section.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2022, 01:22:47 PM »

2+2=√16

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2022, 05:29:10 PM »
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view), these grey kerb sections in the image are marked as valid track, so you can pretty much straightline this esses section.

I don't think 'track limits' exist in Karting, at least from all the videos I've been watching lately.
Of course the toxic meme may be infecting the scene even as we speak.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2022, 07:49:05 AM »

You’ve still got to be pretty careful,  because if you hit the wrong part you’ll be off imitating the General Lee

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2022, 06:47:12 PM »
Server's up.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2022, 07:31:43 PM »

2+2=√16

Offline Scott_Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2022, 07:39:07 PM »
yeah I can't seem to find it either

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2022, 10:21:21 PM »
Results are up - congratulations to Brad on the 3 race wins, winning the round and taking the championship lead from Scott.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2022, 10:24:27 PM »
Another interesting night in these little troublesome beasts…..I had a great qualifying battle with Scott and tried a few set up changes and I got very close but his pole lap was simply too good. Then came the race, I got a good start and was on a different line to him going into turn 2, we touched resulting in Scott going off and me sustaining some minor damage. From there on it was head down and drive hard for the win….winning like this doesn’t sit well with me and I’ve rewatched the contact with Scott from many different angles and it’s hard to think about how it could have been done differently, ultimately I believe it was just two people both pushing very hard and our different approach angles had us on a collision course where contact was made.

Race 2 was very challenging and it took quite a few laps before I had an opportunity to capitalise on Bacchulum’s mistake when he got too close to the tyre wall on the s-shaped straight and crashed. I got about 6 seconds down the road when I nearly binned it myself by stuffing up the left handed at the end of the s-shaped straight and managing to stop millimeters from going head on into the wall. A quick reverse out and I had about a second of gap which allowed me to push on for a 2nd win

Race 3 was more of the same, bide my time and then try not to bin it. Whilst I had a good battle with Bacchulum, he made a mistake and I managed to get past and then build a safe lead. The change of the tyres had taken quite a lot of laps for me to get used to and now I think I’m getting my head around it but, I find they now need a totally different driving style to which I’m not a fan of. Before I enjoyed the wild sliding style required and now they feel rather under steering requiring an early turn in and then patience when throttling out of the corner. I’ve just watched Wally’s YouTube link to next weeks race and it’s going to be interesting to see how these cars go on a fast flowing track after the last couple of tighter layouts..

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2022, 04:10:34 PM »
I'm still sliding it like before  8) (maybe that's why I'm slow?).
The only difference is I have to induce the oversteer now.  ;)

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal