Xtreme Gaming Network

Bucket list: future season ideas

Author Topic: Bucket list: future season ideas  (Read 82436 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Bucket list: future season ideas
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2016, 12:22:31 PM »
It reacts in AC like this..

hahah where is the saftey line??

So its almost a 2 wheeler, why bother with 3 is the question 2 or 4 works well.

[youtube]mLZzYM7KGbQ[/youtube]

Funny seeing fifth gear with an old top gear (Tiff) and new top gear (Sabine) presenter in the clip too.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2016, 08:49:29 AM »
wow   only slightly dangerous

yep, only slighty dangerous, he has hand grips with some bandage wrapped on for extra safety :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2016, 08:26:38 PM »
Marty: "OT here but even a fun season where start order would be reverse of season standings for people that have scored points Id find more interesting then starting in season order.

Maybe even top 10/15 reversed and rest of field in current standings order."
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2016, 08:52:42 PM »
To add to that suggestion thanks to Birds idea of just running in season order. It could be combined in a 2 race format with 1 regular qualy race and race 2 in season standings reverse order but a little longer to give some time to get through the field. That way the quicker guys would still get plenty of points to move up the standings and make sure they start nice and far back for race 2.

I think reverse grids are a great way of spicing up racing as its very hard to pass people that tend to qualify in similar times but if your a bit out of position passes will happen. Its also good practice for all getting involved in more battles for position even if its against people not usually battling.

It does seem that the racing is a touch messier mid pack then up front so it will either get the front runners to have some more collisions or hopefully show some others how better to race amongst others with minimal contact if others can pass them clean and setting a good example.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2016, 10:46:44 PM »
I really like the idea of reverse grid based on championship standings.  I think it's a winner.  1st race normal, second race reverse.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2016, 11:45:39 AM »
Is this the ballast we seek!!
I too like the idea of something like the top 10 set in reverse order of championship standings  :D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2016, 12:22:23 PM »
Is this the ballast we seek!!
I too like the idea of something like the top 10 set in reverse order of championship standings  :D
I don't think it's good to cut up the field like that.  Either do a full reverse grid, or not.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2016, 01:08:50 PM »
I think the full reverse, while it could be fun and I'm not against it, is a quite extreme option, where as just the top 10 or 15 is a more moderate idea. Basically I think the ideal solution is that the top racer (eg GB!!) should still have a reasonable chance of a good finish in the reverse race. Just MHO  :D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2016, 01:47:36 PM »
I have nothing against a full reverse for those actually in the championship and having scored points. If the race is long enough its possibly to get up front from the back especially if others take eachother out ahead of you. Top 10 only really isnt quite worth it but it would just need some way of keeping guys not running enough races to get put up front.

This should be for those in the actual championship and finishing races but with less points, not the guy that just does 1 race but is quick getting put at the front of the grid. Maybe people that missed the previous round should always start at the back in race 2 behind the championship leader or something, its kind of tough luck and a double whammy but still better then having guys that really shouldnt be up front in a reverse grid race up there.

With the regular race 1 and full reverse grid race it should be set in a way to discourage people from tanking to gain an advantage in the next round.

I am pretty sure GB would like the challenge of starting last in a full field race. There could even be bonus points given to the 3 people that gain most positions in the reverse grid race. This would be an added bonus to the guys leading the championship and doing well from the back and also help discourage people trying to game the system.

If someone games it by leading the championship and  doing well in the reverse grid races its not a bad thing and so good on them.  ;D

But some that may not try their hardest to get a more favourable grid spot in race 2 wouldnt be able to get bonus points for gaining most spots and so may get less points then a guy starting last and finish 3rd or 4th then winning from the front.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2016, 03:24:20 PM »
Full reverse grids can always end in tears as the fastest make their way through a large field. I've often seen it happen. The winners are much faster than the tail of the field, and are often surprised by how early people brake etc. It is better to reverse only the top half or even 2/3 of the grid.

Yeah, it would be better to use the season leaderboard, not just race 1 results, as that's too easily "thrown", or stuffed up by an accident, for example, resulting in a bad finishing position.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2016, 04:49:58 PM »
I think you put it too kindly Wally. The fast guys are aggressive,  competitive b's who make risky passing moves in a desperate attempt to get back to the front of the pack where they believe they belong, creating mayhem along the way.

I think Simone out it best - F@#$k them!!!!!?????  Aaaahhhhh!!???

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2016, 06:08:03 PM »
I think you put it too kindly Wally. The fast guys are aggressive,  competitive b's who make risky passing moves in a desperate attempt to get back to the front of the pack where they believe they belong, creating mayhem along the way.

That's what I meant but was too polite to say  :-X

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2016, 06:27:00 PM »

I think its more those guys in the mid pack that usually hit the other guys in the mid pack just hit anyone around them.  ;D

The main idea of the reverse grid I think is to show them its possible to pass others without sending them to the fence.  ;)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2016, 07:05:28 PM »
In my experience I can race side by side with other similarly paced drivers such as Marty, Stan, etc without anything more than a kissing of fenders.  However I do find I have more contact mainly with those in the midfield, not necessarily down the back, due to a number of reasons:

a) In reality I'm not that much quicker than them so I have to still hang on behind but allow for some slightly earlier braking/different lines, etc.  However sometimes it really catches you off-guard when someone brakes in a corner normally taken flat-out, or something you just don't expect.  This is always the car behinds fault though, so it's all on me.

b) The devil horns seem to grow on some who want to prove something and try to go beyond how they would normally drive which always ends in tears.

c) I have a feeling some people are fairly casual racers and haven't lived and breathed motor sport all their lives so probably aren't familiar with what is expected and acceptable when racing toe to toe with others.  Then there are those that just can't accept they are wrong, lol.

We all make mistakes though, but it's good to acknowledge when we have made a mistake as a courtesy to other racers and ourselves.

I actually think reversing the whole grid would be ok to try, because the thing is that it's always going to be fair if it's based on the championship standings.  If fast drivers can't win races, then this will be reflected in the championship points and those fast drivers will shuffle up the starting grid.
I think this sort of format owes itself to longer races though, as starting from the back you have a better chance of making your way to the front over a greater number of laps.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2016, 10:50:26 PM »
Yeah longer races.
Or two races: first starting reverse, second in finishing order.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal