Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun Run June 6 - BTCC 99 @ Oulton Park

Author Topic: Fun Run June 6 - BTCC 99 @ Oulton Park  (Read 4938 times)

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Run June 6 - BTCC 99 @ Oulton Park
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2023, 10:19:41 AM »
They all have Four wheel steering, but I've found reducing Rear Toe to zero or even below seems to work for me.

The 'suspensions' app has a rear wheel steer trace and if I'm reading it right movement to the right of the line means the rear is trying to spin the car around, whilst movement to the left is trying to move the whole car sideways rather than spinning.

On default setup the app is nearly always showing to the right, at zero toe the app hovers either side of the line and at full negative static toe the app stays all the way to the left.

I could be wrong and YMMV.
The FWS explains the difficulty of correcting the first instance of oversteer, thanks Seanus :).
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2023, 05:24:58 PM »
They all have Four wheel steering
You sure about that?  the rears don't move when you turn the wheels in pits and I don't recall this era of cars having that.
But I could be wrong . . .  :-\

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2023, 06:01:13 PM »
It's in the data files, but it probably isn't being done for actual 4WS, but rather to replicate flexible bushings which cause/allow toe change with load, as AC's joints are nominally solid and can't do this.

The controller uses Steer angle and Speed as inputs, so I'd need to check, but in the pits the speed input would scale the effect to zero.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 06:14:23 PM by Seanus »
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2023, 06:04:07 PM »
They all have Four wheel steering
You sure about that?  the rears don't move when you turn the wheels in pits and I don't recall this era of cars having that.
But I could be wrong . . .  :-\
It might not be active, but more of a change in the geometry under dive conditions.
Negative rear toe is just so wrong to me, but that's static, not what necessarily is happening in the braking zone. :-\

2+2=√16

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2023, 06:36:59 PM »
Hey Guys, I'll be missing again tonight. My PC is playing up again, and won't even boot up, unless you call a BSOD booting up. Automatic Repair doesn't help, so its back to the drawing board once again.

Good racing guys.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2023, 10:12:04 PM »
Good nights racing.  Wally I did a quick couple of laps in the CSP version Honda and the rear felt much more stable just on default setup!!
Might keep a few more of us on the track :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2023, 10:23:58 PM »
Good nights racing.  Wally I did a quick couple of laps in the CSP version Honda and the rear felt much more stable just on default setup!!
Might keep a few more of us on the track :)
Yeah, I just had a quick blast in the CSP version too and it does feel a little different. Yes, maybe more stable. I noticed with the same setup, my rear tyres ended up over-pressured, so there's definitely some different behaviour going on there.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2023, 10:32:12 PM »
I put the CSP versions of the cars up on the server too, if anybody wants to give the CSP extended physics version a go.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2023, 12:40:20 PM »
:o Night and Day. :o

Also; Content Manager>Settings>Assetto Corsa>Controls>Patch> Extra Option E & F

Set a Key or Button for each, to enable Onboard Swaybar adjustment.

I had some trouble finding free Keys\Buttons that were also recognised by CM, YMMV

Cycles each setting from -3 to +3 (7 positions) and loops.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal