Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 2: Imola Race Chat

Author Topic: Round 2: Imola Race Chat  (Read 72892 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Round 2: Imola Race Chat
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2014, 03:22:48 PM »
Honestly not sure if I can make this Wally, held back at work :(
Probably can but if there is a reserve let them through. It's only fair... Sorry.
I've been struggling to get hold of most reserves, to be honest. But thanks for letting me know.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2014, 03:24:07 PM »
Yeah, really tough track especially with these cars. 
I've got 20 invalid laps & 10 spins for every proper hotlap.
But being that close to Guybrush is a nice warm and fuzzy feeling.  :)
Sounds good for Team TKO if you're up there.
I don't know about feeling warm and fuzzy close to Guybrush though.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2014, 04:33:22 PM »
Yeah, really tough track especially with these cars. 
I've got 20 invalid laps & 10 spins for every proper hotlap.
But being that close to Guybrush is a nice warm and fuzzy feeling.  :)

I hope you have saved a few spins for the race Bird!! I'm banking on peoples mistakes. The whole season!!
On a side note, I'm very happy for you and Guybrush getting close.

and a warning to everyone! I break in stupid spots and way early at Imola... just letting you all know... (sideways glance at Vipergod)  ;)

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2014, 04:53:30 PM »
COME ON INTERNET!!!!  >:(

I'll give TPG another call and see what's going on.

Good luck all for the race

G0RGAK

« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2014, 05:08:54 PM »
Hey, can someone give me ts permissions, thanks

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2014, 05:11:15 PM »
Hey, can someone give me ts permissions, thanks
If no one's done it, I'll be able to do it a bit later on this evening.

Offline crimespree

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2014, 08:20:10 PM »
I'm back. I will be in.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2014, 08:46:48 PM »
bugger I've just lost connection to the server & TS...but the net is on :/

Edit: this is uncanny.  I can't connect to these, even though they're in very different locations.  And everything else seems to be working...ffs!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 08:56:19 PM by Bird »

Rolz

« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2014, 09:11:35 PM »
Sorry for the PC bombing out right at the start... then took out another car because of some PC glitch...  :-[
Never mind... Always had fun while in.

Hope you guys had a fun night and I'll try again next week  ;D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2014, 10:20:42 PM »
Soooo.... results?

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2014, 10:28:45 PM »
Had some decent pace tonight qualifying around 4-5th in each race.
R1: Got away and found myself 3rd but on my own.  Started putting in steady laps when I realised I fueled for only 10.6 laps so I spent the second half short shifting everywhere to make the shortfall but with Wally catching in the final lap I ran out about 150m before the line and Wally collected my as I unexpectedly slowed, but at least i got home.
R2: Big apology as on about lap 3, I spun coming out of the second chicane and came to a stop on the edge of the track.  I just went to move off a bit but the car was obviously sitting on the kerb and started spinning like a top which unfortunately put me in the way of those coming through and chaos followed.  Following that I had good fun chasing back through the pack with a hard fought pass on Dave0 and a few others and almost caught cramjet on the line.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2014, 10:48:54 PM »
Race Results
Season Standings
Season Statistics

Congratulations to Marty on the race wins as well as the round win.

Round Points
Marty   49
Wally   43
Bacchulum   42
Mopz   40
Glen73   39
Rob   34
Freezer   33
Insomniac   32
Ysu   31
Crimespree   29
Grubbet   29
cramjet   28
GWyar   27
Gratulin   24
Imperious   23
Vipergod   19
G0RGAK   18
Dave O   11
BJSRacer   11
Dick Forrest   7
Rolz   6

The championshop top 3 is now:
1. Marty 49
2. Wally 44
3. Bacchulum, Rob, Ysu 42

Team TKO extends its team lead to be leading Achilles Heels by 19 points.

G0RGAK scored points for team Achilles Heels, in Guybrush's place.

In race 1, Gratulin pitted on lap 4, and Dave O pitted on lap 1, so I've adjusted the positions shown in the race results accordingly, moving Gratulin to 20th and Dave O to 21st.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:23:02 PM by Wally »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2014, 11:02:10 PM »
In race 1, the car in front of me (Rolz I think it was) didn't move off the starting line, and I took evasive action but hit someone else to my left, causing a bit of a mess. That put me back to 14th after qualifying 8th, but then I had some good racing back through the field, with Insomniac, Crimespree and Freezer in clean racing to get back to finish 4th. I was gaining on Freezer on the final lap, not knowing why I was gaining on him - thinking his tires were struggling. I was drafting him down the finish straight on the final lap, all ready to whip out to the side, when he slowed rapidly being out of fuel, and I collected the back of his car. Luckily we both still crossed the line, with me in front by 0.062 seconds.

Race 2 was less eventful, chasing Ysu with me in 3rd spot for the whole race (after dodging a few accidents here and there). The gap to Ysu was around about a consistent 7 seconds, with Glen73 about the same behind me but slowly dropping back. My only mishap was a bit of an oversteer moment at Piratella on lap 3 which saw me smack the wall there, but I had enough of a gap to not lose any positions as a result. That race ended up being a bit of a hotlapping stint, to come home 3rd.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2014, 11:32:56 PM »
Was good fun even though I officially didnt win race 1 from pole running a clean race. Race 2 was much the same except I made a mistake into the 2nd last turn on lap 1 which gave Bird a sniff but luckily I held him off into t1. I then just tried to put in quick consistant laps to pull a gap, somehow I bottomed out twice on the Aqua minerali in the race once in the middle then again on the last lap, this didnt happen in any of my longer stint practice runs but possibly I backed of a bit more so my tyres cooled and lost pressure causing this.

I then noticed the lap times in race 2 by Gorgak who was actually my team mate for the race. But seeing a best lap of 1:43.107 made me check the replay and as I suspected he is straight cutting the chicane which just isnt how you should drive in the league I think and they dont look like accidents in any way. At least 3 times in 14 laps too that I noticed but I didnt watch his full race.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 12:00:29 AM by marty »

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2014, 08:05:55 AM »
I feel like a thief, race one I went mediums to try something new and it was ok, although I never felt as I belonged in 7th pace wise that's where I finished. Bj scared me to crash at one stage over ts,  I lost three places lol and had trouble holding off a fast finishing Insomniac at the end of the race. I dont think he positioned his car that well to force an overtake trying the outside of corners, never the less good clean respectful racing. I am sorry if my defending came across a bit aggressively, that was unintended.

Race 2 and there is no way I deserved 4th, people behind me were much quicker and Wally drove nicely to keep consistently opening the gap infront of me. I say I am a thief because my practise during the week lasted about 1 hour and it showed last night. Sorry Rob about the chicane,  I never felt comfortable under brakes and will be looking to fix them before next race. It is either little braking or fully locked up. Its not through lack of love for this league I didnt practise it is the fact I had no time this week.

Bad luck to those who got wierd discos,  well done Marty on the round domination and well done to the other podium finishers. Good job Wally on your 2 races, I can see the hard work your putting in during the week is giving you great round results. Consistency is key!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal