Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R2: Imola Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R2: Imola Post-Race Chat  (Read 16756 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S10R2: Imola Post-Race Chat
« on: February 02, 2016, 07:34:24 PM »
RACE RESULTS

SEASON STANDINGS

Round Results
Name
Total
Qual1
Race1
Race2
Guybrush Threepwood
Matthew111
StanDaam
Ysu
Wally
Bacchulum
Rolz
christopheraser
Paul
Marty
Phil.8
Jeremy
Grat
Freezer
Mael
Rob
Ben
Gratulin
AJ
Doobs
Dave O
Bafs17
Will
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 11:04:02 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: S10R2: Imola Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 10:35:22 PM »
These were good races for me, but I can't stand that cut-detection .  And of course f*(&k GB! :D

It was lucky the goat-man voted out GB, as that run was completely botched for me. Bogged down on the line again, and then it just got worse in the fray, topping out with a couple of hits... 

The 'real' races went much better, I was able to hold onto my pretty decent quali position!  But Stan & Matthew were too quick for me, I could barely hang onto them.  Still it was good fun watching the battle. 

That momentary overtake felt really good in the 2nd, Matthew, shame that you managed to get back that quickly - I'd not have thought that you'll dare that overtake into the last combo there.  It felt a bit desperate & overshot to me. 

I was also very pissed seeing you jumping everywhere on the chicane entry, clearly cutting the entry curb way too deep and no penalty.  Then I'm running a tiny bit out and PING, right away I got it.  Oh well, you need to know the system to play it well, eh? :D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 10:38:10 PM »
Crappy nite for me, Qualified about as well as I could race one and was about where I expected to be but was bound to lose more spots in the race sitting at 5th before Guybrush got the kick. Restart on cold tyres made a silly error and spun in the first chicane, had to let the field by and so was dead last. I caught the tail of the field quickly enough but couldnt pass anyone so pitted lap 2 to try get some clear running and gain some spots by the time everyone pitted. Worked Ok as I ended 12th and had I pitted later I would have had to make more passes on the track. The only cars I was able to pass were the other mclarens no hope against anything else.

Race 2 starting 12th was never going to gain many spots, was going ok chasing Jeremy and Christopher but nothing I could really do about them was just hanging on. Then got rear ended into the chicane and lost even more speed and could no longer hang on to the cars ahead, made a silly error into villenueve trying to avoid getting hit again. Ended up pitting that lap and went as hard as I could til the end not gaining much on anyone and had a pretty boring race all up.

I didnt expect to do great this week but maybe a top 5 if I didnt make any mistakes but once I got to the back of the field my nite was pretty much done lap 1 race 1B. Kind of a shame this car is so slow and uncompetitive in traffic making passing anyone outside of the pits or when they spin pretty much not possible even if quicker per lap.

Yea was also amazed at the lines others were taking on the slow chicane and not getting called as ingame penalty that was penalizing people in the practice server but PLP for some reason doesnt do that one.

Seeing in race results is it correct that many actually started on the soft tyres in the races.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 11:20:26 PM by marty »

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 11:20:43 PM »
Strange night.

RACE 1: Qualified ok-ish in 8th, but had a very good few first laps getting into 5th(?) just behind marty for a pair of laps until... well.. you know.

RACE 1B: the restart was fun, although very scary---we might want to try it again. First few laps went ok, avoiding any problem. While trying to stay close to Jeremy without touching, I makle a mistake entering Piratella and Rolz passes by. When the teammate and Jeremy got into a stall at T1 I was passing on the other side thinking I was getting two positions easily when something hit Rolz which was pushed into me and... I was off and damaged. Decide to pit early, do my repairs and rejoin. Unfortunately I rejoin behind Marty, who is on crappier tyres, which means I have to slow down a bit, but I can't pass him anyway, so I just put myself close behind him hoping his pace is ok enough. When Marty makes a small mistake at Villeneuve I choose to go on the outside of Tosa to try to get a good run out of it, but Jeremy takes it as me leaving the door open and finds a space inside. I do not know if I closed the line too much (very possible, as I was not expecting him to attack me there) and we touch. Again off and again quite some damage... At this point I am basically last and decide to get a bit of a rest enjoying the wonderful battle between Stan and Matthew for 2nd place.

RACE 2: Very interesting! I start last (21st?). Grab some 6 or 7 positions in the first 2 laps and then I get behind a small train made by Christopher, Jeremy and Marty. Having been just behind Marty already for a few laps, I think I have his braking points memorized. But I am stupid and so I forget that he might brake differently because he is just behind two other guys battling. Sorry! After that, I choose to do my repairs and pit a bit early to try to undercut Jeremy and Christopher. I have to say that again the F1 style racing of hotlapping for 3 laps to try to pass them was amazing. I think I am doing really well, but It does not work completely, as Christopher pits early as well and so I am still behind him. We go on with a beautiful pressure race for around 8 laps until his second small mistake is sufficient for me to pass him on the straight. Great battle anyway! At that point I have 2 laps to chase Bacchulum, but they are not enough and I close just behind him in 7th. In any case: from last to 7th---I can't complain.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 11:23:00 PM »
Double hunter!... niiiiice :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 11:27:21 PM »
Seeing in race results is it correct that many actually started on the soft tyres in the races.
No, disregard that for that race, as I had to cut & paste the qually session from one log file into the other race session, so the tyres are wrong for the start of race 1.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 11:50:10 PM »
but I can't stand that cut-detection

Yeah I ended up bailing late in the 2nd race because I kept getting time penalties and I don't even know where I was cutting.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 07:21:47 AM »

Yeah I ended up bailing late in the 2nd race because I kept getting time penalties and I don't even know where I was cutting.

The app tells you every time you get a cut, so it pays to keep an eye on it. The app always has to find a balance, in the imperfect AC world, between penalising too much and not penalising enough, and it gets it pretty right the majority of the time. The thing is, the rules are the same for everyone. If you know you are likely to get a cut at a certain point of the track, don't cut there. It's like any sport... you play to what the umpire is picking up on the day.

My races were good, with a 5th and a 4th. In race 1, I was on Chris's bumper for the first half of the race, so I pitted just get some clean track. He pitted a bit later, and I was just able to nab the position at the end of the straight. From there, it was a matter of following teammate Ysu to the line.

Race 2 was uneventful. Rolz was very aggressive off the line, and  rounded me up before turn 1. I just followed Ysu about 3 to 4 seconds behind for most of the race. It was a good result for TKO Racing.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 08:38:00 AM »
It was indded ☺

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 08:52:58 AM »
Race 1 was interesting at the start.  It was kind of fun doing something different, although I imagine it would have been fairly tense back in the field.  Tyres were well below pressure so had to tippy-toe around for a few laps and weave all over on the straights to get some temp and pressures up.  After a few laps it was racing as normal.  Toward the end I realised I had cut it pretty fine on fuel so short-shifted and cruised around the last lap which cost me 8 seconds, but I finished with 100 ml left in the tank.  Thanks for restarting the server and race for my sake everyone :)

Race 2 was fairly straight forward.  Tried to put in a few quick laps which went OK, although toward the end I almost came unstuck a couple of times.  Had enough fuel this time to run to the finish :)

I felt sorry for Marty in the Flinstones mobile.  Deserved to be closer to the front, but a good test of character never-the-less and he did well not to throw in the towel and stick it out to the end.

Also, from practice Paul looked to have some very good race pace but it seems circumstances conspired against him again unfortunately.  When you get a clean run Paul you'll be competing for wins I'm sure.

Thanks for another good night's racing everyone!  And don't worry about the vote Stan, at least we now know that nobody likes me  :'(  :P

Rolz

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 09:09:25 AM »
Q1 - Happy with it, but could probably squeeze in another run to push my place up the line better

R1 - was in fine form, was gutted to stop
R1B - I just couldn't get the temp in the tires for ages form what it felt... then finally did and started to get pacing going, had a run in with Jeremy... I haven't looked at the replay but I'm suspecting I got past down the straight but then squeezed him out at the end of T1, this then cause the bump and slide into grat. Sorry to both here. :( After that car had enough damage to be ok and hold place but not good enough to improve position.
R2 - Was going ok, but had a poor entry into T5 and Paul was real close, I suspect someone shunted him into me and we were pinballs into the sand... After that tail was toast and had to go into pit to fix came out and tried to smash some laps, but overcooked it up the top of the hill slid, hit the wall tried to recover but I went into Freezer who was trying to get past my dogs breakfast recovery technique... sorry Freezer :(

Overall I love driving the Audi, but last night was a poor performance by me...

R1a-R1b Thanks for letting me have the dunny break! I was going to be able to hold out if we had completed R1a, but the restart and to coordinate the R1b race I wouldn't have been able to  last to the end... thanks again :)

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 09:43:19 AM »

The app tells you every time you get a cut, so it pays to keep an eye on it. The app always has to find a balance, in the imperfect AC world, between penalising too much and not penalising enough, and it gets it pretty right the majority of the time. The thing is, the rules are the same for everyone. If you know you are likely to get a cut at a certain point of the track, don't cut there. It's like any sport... you play to what the umpire is picking up on the day.

Don't get me wrong Wally, I agree completely. I was just getting frustrated with myself more than anything else.

I think I was getting the warnings at the exit of the chicane, going out too far onto the green section (astroturf?).

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 09:58:32 AM »

Also, from practice Paul looked to have some very good race pace but it seems circumstances conspired against him again unfortunately.  When you get a clean run Paul you'll be competing for wins I'm sure.

Hope so or Team Krahl is going to get beaten by a one man goat show

Speaking of goats, It made me made me giggle stan :)))
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 10:02:51 AM »

Don't get me wrong Wally, I agree completely. I was just getting frustrated with myself more than anything else.

I think I was getting the warnings at the exit of the chicane, going out too far onto the green section (astroturf?).

I'm with you.  I accept it, but I'm entitled to be grumpy or what!
I got one "correct" cut notification, the rest were total bs where I run a bit off and did not lift enough.   I accept it, as I said, but I don't have to like it! ;)

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 11:07:09 AM »
And don't worry about the vote Stan, at least we now know that nobody likes me  :'(  :P

Ha ha!! Yeah ain't that the truth!!  ;D
I was as pissed off as everyone else when it got voted through let alone put up in the first place. As if I've got time for the jokings when I'm doing the racings!! Me concentratings!!

I had another schweet night in the goaty mo beal!! Spent both races having an excellent duel with Matthew. Race 1, I tried my best to pressure him into an error, but he wouldn't budge and he got 2nd and I got 3rd.

Race 2, very similar to race 1. Got to the same point in the race, I pitted on lap 8 and Matthew pitted a lap later as we had in race 1. I'm coming down the straight and sure enough, there's Matthew coming out of the pits right on queue. But this time, I managed to get by him!! (I did put a little bit of goaty grease on his wheel guns after race 1...)
Then he had a little mistake which was all Bird needed to step up to the fight. After they got that sorted, Matthew started gaining on me and by the last lap or two, he was back on my rear bumper. Managed to hold him off and got 2nd this time and he got 3rd.

Brilliant nights racing, loved it!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal